Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

Voxel

President of Progress City
But the decline in new rides, which are arguably the backbone of a theme park, has been consistently declining.
It seems that the the Quantity has been dropping as new parks around the world are being built. It seems as if Imagineering is being stretched to far, though I doubt that is the issue.

Goofyernmost

But the decline in new rides, which are arguably the backbone of a theme park, has been consistently declining.
Sure but the huge amounts revolved around completely new parks. When you figure that double digits stopped when no new PARKS were added, it is more acceptable, at least to me. What really tells the story is how many were replacements for what was there already so nothing gained plus how many were closed with no replacement. It may be in the link you provided, but, I don't have time to read it right now. I will later.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sure but the huge amounts revolved around completely new parks. When you figure that double digits stopped when no new PARKS were added, it is more acceptable, at least to me. What really tells the story is how many were replacements for what was there already so nothing gained plus how many were closed with no replacement. It may be in the link you provided, but, I don't have time to read it right now. I will later.

Whether it's new parks or not shouldn't make a difference, it's still less new rides to see. I don't care whether those new rides got there by way of a new park or adding to an existing one. As for replacement, you do gain something, you gain a new reason for someone to visit (or re-visit) the parks. Adding new over replacing has the added benefit of increasing capacity, but either way it's still a new draw.

PeterAlt

You want reality, I just posted a thread about this on the General Board..

Number of new rides that have been build at WDW by decade...

1971-1979: Added 19
1980-1989: Added 14
1990-1999: Added 13
2000-2009: Added 8
2010-2017: Added 5 (Estimated)
I have a post I've been meaning to write about the commemorative plaques at the Disney parks, and who the Disney CEO or President was at the time.

Walt Disney - 1 (Disneyland)
Roy Disney - 1 (Magic Kingdom)
Card Walker - 2 (EC, TDL)
Eisner - 7 (DHS, DAK, DCA, TDS, HKDL, DLP, WDS)
Iger - 1 before he steps down (SDL)

Goofyernmost

They're called footINGs. We don't want to upset @Tom. So, let's get that right, at least. Just like how I never knew that @marni1971 was Martin until someone here showed me, I didn't know there were unused monorail footings buried in the EC footprint until someone here pointed that out. I believe the graphic has Martin's name on it, so why my name keeps coming up when the subject keeps coming up is beyond me...
I believe that I said footings. However, having been in construction for a while, they were often referred to as footers simply because it's easier to say. Besides that I have no idea what you are talking about following that statement. Did you take you meds today? :joyfull:

Goofyernmost

Is that something we should just accept and live with? That's not the kind of Disney I signed up for. The more people are willing to "just accept" the worse things will get, and the more the competition will take advantage of such weakness. Reality is the condition around us that we build for ourselves by making choices.
There is such a thing as the law of diminishing returns. Lately Uni has been adding a lot. However, after the initial build of each park how many were added. Seriously, you guys think that a company never has to slow down a little? Universal has only built one big attraction that drew crowds, it isn't quantity it's quality.

jdmdisney99

I have a post I've been meaning to write about the commemorative plaques at the Disney parks, and who the Disney CEO or President was at the time.

Walt Disney - 1 (Disneyland)
Roy Disney - 1 (Magic Kingdom)
Card Walker - 2 (EC, TDL)
Eisner - 7 (DHS, DAK, DCA, TDS, HKDL, DLP, WDS)
Iger - 1 before he steps down (SDL)
The fun part. Which ones opened parks that were eagerly anticipated but failed to impress...
Walt - 0
Roy - 0
Card - 0
Eisner - 5
Iger - Yet to be seen

Goofyernmost

They're called footINGs. We don't want to upset @Tom. So, let's get that right, at least. Just like how I never knew that @marni1971 was Martin until someone here showed me, I didn't know there were unused monorail footings buried in the EC footprint until someone here pointed that out. I believe the graphic has Martin's name on it, so why my name keeps coming up when the subject keeps coming up is beyond me...
The highlighted part. I have no idea what you are talking about. What graphic? Graphic about what? I think you know why your name keeps coming up when the word Monorail is mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney renamed it... PeterAlt's OCD Monorail Co.

PeterAlt

The fun part. Which ones opened parks that were eagerly anticipated but failed to impress...
Walt - 0
Roy - 0
Card - 0
Eisner - 5
Iger - Yet to be seen
That's not fair because that's (a) subject to opinion, (b) according to what standards, (c) in many cases, some parks were intentionally under-built, with the awareness that more can be built later, (d) greater quantity always increases the odds of failure.

NoChesterHester

Walt - 0
Roy - 0
Card - 0
Eisner - 5
Iger - Yet to be seen

What?

Hollywood Studios was absolutely impressive the first 6 years.

Disneyland Paris is still the most gorgeous castle park in existence. They overbuilt the hotels.

Tokyo Disney Sea is the greatest theme park ever constructed.

Voxel

President of Progress City
What?

Hollywood Studios was absolutely impressive the first 6 years.

Disneyland Paris is still the most gorgeous castle park in existence. They overbuilt the hotels.

Tokyo Disney Sea is the greatest theme park ever constructed.
I think Hong Kong and Disney Sea were the two he were counting as not failures. Tokyo was only a failure for 5 years and had a turn around while Eisner was in office so I don't think it should count.

Goofyernmost

He posted a graphic a long time ago as an overlay of a satellite photo of the area showing where one is.
Oh, that one. Sure, but everyone knew about those before you went on your quest to prove they existed. It had already been proven, how many times does one need to beat a dead horse. You don't have to prove something that is common knowledge and has already been proven. And this is more then enough of this discussion.

PeterAlt

Oh, that one. Sure, but everyone knew about those before you went on your quest to prove they existed. It had already been proven, how many times does one need to beat a dead horse. You don't have to prove something that is common knowledge and has already been proven. And this is more then enough of this discussion.
No, that post was in my memory and I could not find it at the time. So when I brought it up, people here wanted proof and gave me a hard time about it, like I made it up or something. Now, everyone thinks I started the whole thing, when in truth, it was Martin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom