Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

Goofyernmost

No, that post was in my memory and I could not find it at the time. So when I brought it up, people here wanted proof and gave me a hard time about it, like I made it up or something. Now, everyone thinks I started the whole thing, when in truth, it was Martin.
I never thought you started the whole thing because I knew about them long before they were ever mentioned here on the boards. However, you are the only one that won't let it go.

jdmdisney99

What?

Hollywood Studios was absolutely impressive the first 6 years.

Disneyland Paris is still the most gorgeous castle park in existence. They overbuilt the hotels.

Tokyo Disney Sea is the greatest theme park ever constructed.
Walt - 0
Roy - 0
Card - 0
Eisner - DHS, DAK, DCA, HKDL, WDS
Iger - Yet to be seen

Sure, DHS was cool, but people were easily done with it in less than a day and there wasn't much to do. DAK in my opinion is nice, with some good rides ad=nd amazing theming, but the general consensus calls it a half-day park, lacking attractions that Eisner and his goons failed to finance. DCA. Well that just about explains itself. HKDL, the first Disney park in China. It was going to be spectacular. Then it opened with very few rides with little to do, leaving guests wanting more, but it wasn't there and didn't come until Iger. WDS has yet to recover from it's Eisner abuse. With visions of the grand Disney-MGM Studios Europe in their dreams, visitors descended on the park expecting spectacular and finding lackluster.

DL opened to rave reviews, and even though it had operational problems, people didn't expect much, but they found more than they could handle in themed environments.

MK also opened in supreme fashion blowing people away and immediately escalating to the top of the Vacation Kingdom.

EPCOT Center, though it opened with a somewhat low level of rides, was totally enjoyable and amazing to the public. It expanded on WDW's legacy and the public agreed, taking it in in heaps.

jdmdisney99

That's not fair because that's (a) subject to opinion, (b) according to what standards, (c) in many cases, some parks were intentionally under-built, with the awareness that more can be built later, (d) greater quantity always increases the odds of failure.
a)which I based on public consensus b)the public's and the average theme park c)but then more wasn't built later until the next CEO, and in some cases hasn't been built at all d)I agree, I didn't bash Eisner. Just pointing out public opinion. He had the most flops, but he also opened the most parks. Hey that also means he had the most successes. Nobody else opened two totally smash hit parks.

PeterAlt

a)which I based on public consensus b)the public's and the average theme park c)but then more wasn't built later until the next CEO, and in some cases hasn't been built at all d)I agree, I didn't bash Eisner. Just pointing out public opinion. He had the most flops, but he also opened the most parks. Hey that also means he had the most successes. Nobody else opened two totally smash hit parks.
You're entitled to your opinion and I see you have a good debate going about it which I won't interfere.

Goofyernmost

I wasn't talking about you. Facts never change, despite the fact that some people try to modify historic details. By "letting go" you mean joining the herd and just accept the modification of historic details? Over my dead body!
No, I mean stop trying to fight a battle that only you are in. You know they are there, we know they are there and if others don't know they are there, it doesn't change their life, my life or your life one way or the other. What battle are you fighting and why is it important enough to carry it on. If you managed to have a team of scientists write dissertations on the fact that they exist and everyone in the world now believes it, what happens then. I'll tell you what... absolutely nothing. That's what I mean by let it go.

PeterAlt

I never thought you started the whole thing because I knew about them long before they were ever mentioned here on the boards. However, you are the only one that won't let it go.
Another thing, when I was challenged about it and couldn't find Martin's graphic, where were you and others to back me on it? Why didn't Martin say it was him who posted it and tell everyone that?

I didn't know @marni1971 was Martin, but he was one of those who gave me a hard time! Instead of confirming to everyone that I was right - that someone here posted such a graphic and it was him - instead what I got out of him at that time was more doubt and making me look like I was crazy and imagined the whole thing! Then, I found the EC blueprints that actually had the coordinates of where the footers were along the never-built Disney Village expansion spur. I made an overlay of it on top my own satellite imagery from Google Earth and the object claimed by Martin is exactly located on coordinates the blueprints say one should be. So, to me at least, that's all the confirmation I need. Yet, doubt, even by Martin continues. Worse, others think I invented the whole thing.
No, I mean stop trying to fight a battle that only you are in. You know they are there, we know they are there and if others don't know they are there, it doesn't change their life, my life or your life one way or the other. What battle are you fighting and why is it important enough to carry it on. If you managed to have a team of scientists write dissertations on the fact that they exist and everyone in the world now believes it, what happens then. I'll tell you what... absolutely nothing. That's what I mean by let it go.
This is a battle with just a few people that have a lot of influence. History needs to be a sacred holy thing. The future has its foundation placed firmly on the past. If I find any other altercation of history by anyone, any topic, my passion would be equal to make sure that any effort to disturb history fails. For this topic, what it would mean is that people would be able reference it freely without being challenged so that they could move on and reach beyond it. To continuously get challenged over historic facts is to be stagnated, tied down, never moving forward. Maybe that's what they want?

EDIT AND CONCLUSION - Your repeated off-topic replies which focus on "my obsession" versus the context in which I brought up "my obsession" do not help. In fact, I don't think I would have talked about it further. In my perspective, it seems that you have an obsession talking about how obsessed I am over it each time I bring it up. I brought it up because we were talking about EPCOT convention space. My solution to the problem just happens to have the thing I'm obsessed with included - not because it's something I'm obnoxiously trying to push, but because I firmly believe that this would be the best (and only) way to do it. To go on an off-topic rant about how obsessed over unused footings I am without once bringing up EPCOT convention space, serves only to antagonize me into an off-topic debate that does none of us any good. Private message me in the future if you want an off-topic debate. I'll be happy to discuss it further there.

Last edited:

RedFurredCadet

Seems his thread skidded off the road.

Buzzys eye has been fixed.

There was a picture uploaded to Instagram

Yup, seen it, and he looks less creepy that way. He only is lacking the gloves though.

Disney is planning to monetize this feeling in their upcoming direct to video feature - "Phantom of the Wonders of Live Pavilion"

I wonder if they put a musical face to the history of the pavilion. An opera perhaps?

Captain Braddock: "Our home place is facing its end."
Cadet Buzzy: "...and Bobby won't be alive any longer..."

*sigh* Rather depressing lyrics come to think of it.

I have hopes as well. Woah...I just realized that Disney is like the Star Wars saga. Iger=Vader. Eisner=Palpatine. Staggs=Starkiller/Galen Marek. Lasseter=Yoda. Katzenberg=Obi-Wan. But we still need Luke, Han, and Leia. I volunteer.

Question is, who will fill in those boots? And who will be strong enough to rise up?

All I know, it won't be me, despite how much research I've done about the pavilion. Or the parks. Or their overall dignity.

ExtinctJenn

As an aside but on topic, what was left of the Food Rocks stage behind the Soarin' queue entrance is now mostly gone. It's virtually empty back there now.
That's sad to hear. I was quite excited to have come across recent pictures taken of it. Still, it's not like they could've resurrected it in anyway with it being in the queue of Soarin' so it was just really collecting dust.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As an aside but on topic, what was left of the Food Rocks stage behind the Soarin' queue entrance is now mostly gone. It's virtually empty back there now.
Is that a promising development, or just an indication that some maintenance folks had little to do and decided to clean up a bit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom