Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

FerretAfros

So, I mentioned this in another thread, but this is a more appropriate place..

Is it possible/feasible for the main indoor WoL building to continue as is (festival center) but for the unused show building for Body Wars to be repurposed as a new ride? Specifically, I wonder if they could put a new simulator ride (like a clone of Storm Riders, for example) in that space but redirect the queue so that you can enter from the outside instead of from inside the WoL building.

IIRC, the Body Wars space isn't being used and is just sitting their empty. Epcot needs more rides -- especially with the FP+ tiering/capacity issues. Reusing the existing space would be far cheaper than building a new ride (right up TDO's alley).

I'm not naive enough to expect TDO to give up their precious festival space, but I don't see that as a barrier to using Body Wars for a new ride if you can use an alternate entrance for the ride. I don't know the floor plan of the pavilion enough to know if what I am saying would be feasible.
It would be possible to use the Body Wars and Cranium Command spaces without using the main floor as access, but it would be quite difficult. Looking at an aerial image, the building extensions are all on the far side of the dome from the main guest areas (BW along the top, CC on the right), meaning it would be a long walk to get back there:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=28.374647,-81.547037&spn=0.001846,0.002454&t=h&z=19

Additionally, the BW simulators have been (will be in the very near future?) removed and sent to HKDL for use in their upcoming Iron Man attraction in Tomorrowland. By the time they build something new inside those structures, they might as well build an entirely new structure, since it's often more expensive and technically challenging to retrofit (WoM/TT; Horizons/M:S)

PeterAlt

It would be possible to use the Body Wars and Cranium Command spaces without using the main floor as access, but it would be quite difficult. Looking at an aerial image, the building extensions are all on the far side of the dome from the main guest areas (BW along the top, CC on the right), meaning it would be a long walk to get back there:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=28.374647,-81.547037&spn=0.001846,0.002454&t=h&z=19

Additionally, the BW simulators have been (will be in the very near future?) removed and sent to HKDL for use in their upcoming Iron Man attraction in Tomorrowland. By the time they build something new inside those structures, they might as well build an entirely new structure, since it's often more expensive and technically challenging to retrofit (WoM/TT; Horizons/M:S)
Wow, that is the ultimate cheapness I've seen yet from this company... Give HKDL our dated and used Body Wars simulators in order to build them a new attraction... Can this company get any lower than that ?!

Mrs.Toad

Wow, that is the ultimate cheapness I've seen yet from this company... Give HKDL our dated and used Body Wars simulators in order to build them a new attraction... Can this company get any lower than that ?!

Considering the expansions they have/are making, the whole my magic costs, and the purchases of Marvel, Star Wars, other stuff, etc. The whole recycling simulator part thing is hysterical. But a bad joke, elephant-in-the-room kind of hysterical.

PeterAlt

Considering the expansions they have/are making, the whole my magic costs, and the purchases of Marvel, Star Wars, other stuff, etc. The whole recycling simulator part thing is hysterical. But a bad joke, elephant-in-the-room kind of hysterical.
I'm also baffled about what they are going to do about the smog problem when SDL opens. If China wants to show the World that totalitarianism has benefits over democratic-republicanism (lol), this is a good time to exercise that total power and order a quick clean air program and a stop to future air pollution. Lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm also baffled about what they are going to do about the smog problem when SDL opens. If China wants to show the World that totalitarianism has benefits over democratic-republicanism (lol), this is a good time to exercise that total power and order a quick clean air program and a stop to future air pollution. Lol

I am sure they will do this, but just for opening day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've not had this confirmed yet. Personally I believed the Body Wars sims (both cabins and ride system) were beyond use.

Jwhee

Marini, are the body wars sims, or at least pieces of them still there? I know at least one of them is gone because of the picture, but are some of them still there? Also is the queue still there and the unload? And today a cool CM At Soarin told me that food rocks was all still there and then around three months ago they went through and gutted it and all that remains is the catwalk.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marini, are the body wars sims, or at least pieces of them still there? I know at least one of them is gone because of the picture, but are some of them still there? Also is the queue still there and the unload? And today a cool CM At Soarin told me that food rocks was all still there and then around three months ago they went through and gutted it and all that remains is the catwalk.
So far as I know all the sim bays are empty.

Load queue is mostly intact but was used as a Magic Band test bed.

Jwhee

So if you didn't see my pictures of the Body Wars queue, you should check them out in (in its own thread), it's very sad that they destroyed some of it, and that the ceiling is falling in and stuff :(

Goofyernmost

I have no first hand knowledge, but, I think that is a rumor and nothing more. Disney is cheap enough to know that putting in 30 year old equipment will be more costly then replacing it with new stuff. I'm not buying that unless there is some documented proof that's it happened. Warehousing them for parts for Star Tours in DHS, makes financial sense, but, shipping relics to Hong Kong and then installing them, replacing worn parts, etc. wouldn't be even slightly logical.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So if you didn't see my pictures of the Body Wars queue, you should check them out in (in its own thread), it's very sad that they destroyed some of it, and that the ceiling is falling in and stuff :(
It didn't look destroyed. More like neglected.

jt04

I can't believe that they have not incorporated that structure into the Space pavilion nor do they seem to have plans to. The mind boggles. :grumpy:

Jwhee

It didn't look destroyed. More like neglected.

Yea, it looked like an angry CM went back there with a hammer and smashed the glass/plastic, then took a pole stick and poked the ceiling lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom