Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Trump Tower

Trump_International_Hotel_and_Tower_(Chicago)_-_DSC09402.JPG

Opening sometime in the next decade is the next big thing, Trump Tower. Much like before guests board an elevator inside the Trump Tower which was built on an ancient burial site of some dingy old hotel. Guests will drop randomly while hearing Donald J Trump telling us some great advice like : "Don't trust those bad hombres", "She's a nasty woman", "I'm building a wall at the Mexico Pavilion, and there going to pay for it", and my personal favorite "Hold on, this drop is going to be YUUUGE!". At the end of the ride guests are allowed to shop Trumpington, here guests can get an orange spraytan and have a faux squirrel tail wig painted a blondeish color.

Trump_Tower_-_after_christmas.jpg

During the holidays a yuge Christmas tree is put in front of the hotel. While on the ride Trump will say some new Holiday themed quotes like : "Merry Christmas, ho ho ho", and "This Christmas drop is going to be YUUUUGE!".

(If I don't win this challenge then this competition is obviously rigged, along with this website, this prompt, and the internet :rolleyes::p)​
:D

Tony the Tigger

Sumo Potato! is an incredibly fun show set in an arena designed to look like a giant toy box. It features an interactive queue where guests can change the (tethered) faces and accessories on oversized built-in potato-head toys while TV screens show an animated history of Sumo wrestling, and the legend of the greatest but most elusive Sumo wrestler ever: Sumo Potato!

Once inside, guests take their seats in the fastidiously detailed arena with larger-than-life toys from the Toy Story series dotting the perimeter, and are treated to a live-action show between two (or more) life-sized Sumo wrestling Potato Heads! They can foil each other with wrestling moves as well as, for example, removing their opponent's lips and placing them on his head (think Mummenschanz if you're old enough - google it if you're not!)

potheadw.jpg

The theater empties into a gift shop with a generous section allocated for meet & greets behind several doors.

For the holidays, appropriate accessories and costumes are included, like an Easter egg costume overlay, recognition of Buddha's birthday in May, and of course, Santa chasing the potato heads around to put them in his toy sack and deliver them to children around the world!

phead.jpg

FigmentPigments

Bonnie’s Play Date

When talking about Toy Story, a lot of focus is set on Andy and his time with the toys, but in this new attraction, the main focus will be on Bonnie’s toys: Dolly, Mr. Pricklepants, Trixie, and Buttercup as they lead guests on a 3-D adventure with a mix of practical sets and screens.

After donning 3-D glasses, guests enter Bonnie’s room after she leaves with Mason to go to play outside and meet Trixie who gives a tour of Bonnie’s room to Reptillus Maximus and the rest of the Battlesaurs that Mason brought over showcasing each of Bonnie’s toys such as Mr. Pricklepants reciting Shakespeare, Buttercup galloping with Bullseye, Dolly sitting with Woody at the tea table, catching Buzz and Jessie in an awkward moment, and other funny situations.
Toy-Story-31.jpg
The meet and greet area will be themed after Bonnie’s room, where guests will meet 3 characters: Dolly, Mr. Pricklepants, and Buttercup while Trixie will be a puppet operated by a puppeteer out of site.

For the Christmas overlay, the story will change (mostly screens) to Mason bringing over his new Christmas toys along with the Battlesaurs and Bonnie’s toys trying to show Mason’s new toys what being played with really means; guests will be able to meet Reptillus Maximus, the Cleric, and Angel Kitty at the meet and greet area during the holiday season.
Toy-Story-Time-Forgot-HiDefNinja-4.png

For the Halloween overlay, Bonnie’s mom has brought home a box that was dropped off at the Day Care Center that is filled with Sid’s old hybrid toys and the story revolves around Woody and the gang showing Bonnie’s toys that they really are not that scary.

tcool123

Original Poster
President Barbie's Tour

Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland is a brand new D--Ticket where Barbie sends out an invitation four all her foreign friends to come visit to her country! Guests will board a peaceful boat as the guests sail through President Barbie's toy country at Sunnyside, and at one point in the ride guests are invited to pull out their phones and take selfies to post on Snapchat in the Snapchat room! As the ride ends President Barbie waves rigidly at leaving guests.

Throughout the day outside the ride President Barbie will come out side to wave and mingle!

During the holidays the Snapchat room will be decorated with Winter themed ghosts!

Daveeeeed

Sid's House Adventure
sidsafety+.jpg

While Hong Kong Disneyland is themed to Andy's Backyard, the new expansion of the land will be a D-ticket style attraction that will have our favorite characters on an adventure on the other side of the fence in Sid's backyard

A dirtier and dimmer backyard setting than the bright colors of Toy Story Land, you walk through a fence and into Sid's House where you are greeted by his misfit toys (no not the island of misfit toys). You join Woody and Buzz on an adventure to save the toys and bring them to Andy's backyard before Sid comes home, yes Sid.
200_s.gif

Using a variety of projection and physical set pieces, you will save the toys in a daring rescue where you come face to face with Sid's magnifying glass, the room gets warm, before he is distracted by his little sister and you make your getaway. Ultimately, this dark ride attraction will last around 3:30 minutes and will be a new and unique addition to the Toy Story Land concepts, adding another dimension and landscape to the land as a whole.
A very strong idea, and props to you for going first! I really like the darker tone you took for the ride, and although it could clash with the rest of the land, I think if done properly it would be a non-issue, and add dimension to the land. Love the heat effect, it really does help you become a part of the story when all senses are used, and on top of that, it would give me a reason to go ride it since Test Track got rid of it. All around great job!

Daveeeeed

PLAYTIME ADVENTURE:
The Revenge of One-Eyed Bart and the Evil Dr. Porkchop

Enter through Andy’s makeshift village and join the toys in a fun and exciting journey into Andy’s imagination in a ride would be similar to the Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris, blending props/AAs with large scale projection effects to create the illusion that you are Andy's new toy in a larger than life environment.
The attraction experience will start slow and simple evoking the happy nostalgic feeling of childhood playtime and be reminiscent of the opening of Toy Story 1 taking place in Andy’s room with simple sets and relatively few projections since this is the “real” version of playtime. As the attraction progresses, the ride ramps up the excitement as the scenes become more elaborate and exciting as the simple, grounded playtime in Andy’s room transitions into a grand, chaotic adventure chasing down One-Eyed Bart, One-Eyed Betty and the Evil Dr. Porkchop through the desert canyon from the opening of Toy Story 3 with far more projection and screen based effects since this is the “fantasy” version of playtime.
The ride culminates in all the chaotic action suddenly freeze-framing as Andy’s mom calls him down for dinner ending playtime and causing the canyon to melt away back into Andy’s room. As riders pull into the unload station, Buzz and Woody AAs thank the riders for all their help and congratulate them on a job well done.

For Christmas, the ride itself won't change, but the cardboard box village will be "wrapped up" like gifts so that instead of just being Andy's new toys, you are his new Christmas presents. Also, the Buzz and Woody at the end can be easily given holiday greetings to say for any holiday (Christmas, Halloween, New Years, anything) and dressed up for the season.
Wow! I really liked how you have the story transition from real to imaginary, I feel like that's what worked in the films so darn well -- this vibe of imagination, and dreams. And to make it ironic is that the toys actually have lives.

I must say, SMART idea with the Christmas presents. I really love creativity, and again could see myself, sitting with friends and family riding this being like "That's really neat!"
My biggest Criticism is the titles' length;) Well done!

Daveeeeed

LOL, I guess I missed the last one too. :hilarious: But here is the Toy Story one!

ESCAPE FROM AL'S TOY BARN
(DARK RIDE)

al-s-toy-barn-charater-greet-big.jpg

Set five years before the events of Toy Story 3, Slinky Dog toys have been discontinued, and they are now known as a collector's item. Andy has gone shopping for new toys at Al's Toy barn, and he brought some of his favorite toys along with him, causing Al to notice the Slinky Dog toy, which Andy has placed in his cart along with his other toys. Al has one of his employees distract Andy, while he grabs Slinky out of the cart, causing Woody and Buzz to have to search Al's Toy Barn for where Al has put Slinky. Join Woody and Buzz in Barbie's convertible as you race around Al's Toy Barn to find Slinky before Andy notices that his toys have gone missing. During the holidays, the extra twist is that these events take place on Black Friday, making it all the more difficult for Woody and Buzz to find Slinky due to the crowds.
tumblr_nasxpzjYnY1rcb0d2o1_500.jpg

And to keep with the theme of the land, Al's Toy Barn is really a play set in Andy's back yard. As you exit the ride, you are directed to the meet and greet that every rider gets to visit, where you can meet Woody, Buzz, Barbie, and Slinky. After this, you can shop for souvenirs in a shop that looks just like Al's Toy Barn from the movie, but in reality, it is a play set in Andy's backyard.
Very, very good fit for the land. Since Disneyland Paris has an identical clone (except the statue of Woody is Buzz) I've pretty much been in it, and I could see it fitting very nicely. The Black Friday part to me was clever and funny. I really do think people would talk about the holiday overlay after the ride, and that's a great thing to have. A job well done for sure!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Wow! I really liked how you have the story transition from real to imaginary, I feel like that's what worked in the films so darn well -- this vibe of imagination, and dreams. And to make it ironic is that the toys actually have lives.

I must say, SMART idea with the Christmas presents. I really love creativity, and again could see myself, sitting with friends and family riding this being like "That's really neat!"
My biggest Criticism is the titles' length;) Well done!
:D I originally wanted to make the title way longer and like a kid telling a rambling story that you just know he's making up as he goes, but I decided to reign it in haha

Daveeeeed

Woody's Roundup Adventure!
This all new adventure in Toy Story Land at Hong Kong Disneyland will truly bring guests childhood imaginations, and dreams to life. First, guests approach a cardboard village, featuring a sherriff's office to the left (where guests can meet Woody and occasionally Bullseye and Jessie) And straight ahead is the bank, where guests enter and then board their stagecoach out back, behind the bank (really indoors).View attachment 173918Then, guests stage coaches depart for a rootin' tootin' adventure, first passing a train robbery that woody heroically stops, although, you notice that all characters are being held by hands, and are being voiced by children, hence adding to the realism scenario, which leads you through various scenes. Later on, in an epic climax, you escape a cave that had Jessie avalanched in with a TNT explosion, before bidding a final goodbye to the characters.View attachment 173922 During the holidays, Sherrif Woody delivers toys to all of the woodland creatures in the town, before he is trapped in a mine and blasts his way out. During Halloween, the town is haunted, and Woody has to fix everything that the ghosts are doing.
This is honestly very similar to what I would do. I've always thought that this part of Toy Story has been criminally underused. This ride would be pure fun, and I know it! The TNT explosion reminds me of the New Big Thunder Mountain scene at Disneyland, and soon to be Paris. I wish I would've known as to why we were there, but that's a minor complaint.

Daveeeeed

So sorry, here's my post.

Andy's Bedroom
latest

Similar to it's a small world, except in a dark ride, you will go around Andy's Room meeting all of the characters in Andy's Room in their locations around the room. You've got a Friend in me will play throughout and like Toy Story Midway Mania, there will be interactive elements throughout the room. There won't be shooter elements, but like the old Soarin' queue, there will be motion sensors and the audio animatronics will interact with you.

For the holiday season, the puppy the Andy gets for Christmas will have a scene at the end of the attraction emulating the end of the first film.
Unexpected use this as the basis for an entire attraction, but I think it really would work! Definitely, the best part about this is that you are really like a Toy in that you are in Andy's Room. I really do like this concept. Wish you would've given slightly more details though of the actual ride. Overall good job with the concept!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

toy-story-midway-mania-sign.png

Toy Story Midway Mania 2.0

An updated version of Toy Story Midway Mania will be coming to Hong Kong with an expanding 4 tracks zig-zagging through several midway style games. The 3D and 4D effects of the attraction will be enhanced to include more variety among the games, so that you can never ride the same attraction twice. The high capacity of the D-ticket will also be good for crowd capacity in the park as well. During the holiday season there will be special games where snow, cold air, frost, and other seasonal sights will be in the midway games.

toy-story-mania-gallery03.jpg
I like how it is a new ride every time, keeps it fresh like Star Tours! I do however wish though that you would've come up with an original concept, but the increased capacity was definitely a good idea.

Daveeeeed

Ride Story
06_14_09_053xxRP_-_Flickr_-_drewj1946.jpg

This ride retells the classic story in a new form - where the main characters (Buzz and Woody) are Theme Park Animatronics instead of Toys. As you begin your ride on Woody's Wild West Train, you almost immediately arrive at a construction zone where you where a conversation between your "tour guide" for this trip and one of the construction workers. When the two of them leave, to resolve the issue on when construction was supposed to begin to replace this ride , the Woody animatronic "comes alive" to complain about how Buzz land is overthrowing the Wild West. Woody and Jessie (who was standing next to Woody) decide to push your train onto the partially destroyed tracks and we whiz through a combination of space scenes and Wild West scenes, where we see the new Buzz animatronic battle Woody and Jessie. The finishes with Woody and Buzz having to save us from falling from a destroyed part of track into lava, and the two of them resolve their differences.

This attraction will house a meet and greet for Woody's gang outside, and will feature cheesy, sloppily made Christmas decorations around the ride for the holidays.
I liked how you used a train as the vehicle, but I don't know why you chose construction as a point of disagreement for Woody and Buzz. Perhaps I am confused, so let's continue... The Wild West is definitely a good theme for a Toy Story attraction, so good choice on theme.

Daveeeeed

Escape from Evil Doctor Porkchop!
You are greated by Evil Doctor Porkchop outside (Transformer like animatronic) once you arrive inside the building you quickly board a trackless vehicle as seen in the picture below.
41vsJoJ%2BCmL.jpg

The opening scene is the Dr. himself saying you will receive certain doom by Prof. Potato (The photo is this scene).
latest

The subsequent scene is Prof. Potato and Mrs. Evil Potato are loading orphans into the train and the next scene is Evil Doctor Porkchop laughing while watching the train fall over the bridge on a screen behind him while he is sitting on the chair as seen in the photo above (Screen turns off before you see buzz save the train from doom). When you go over to pick Prof. Potato up they are facing Buzz, Woody, and Jessie once Dr. Porkchop gets the Potatoes on bored he releases an army of monkeys on Woody and the gang. Woody pleads to the monkeys to help them overthrow their dictator (Porkchop) and the monkeys agree and stack up to and get porkchop, and potato and give them to woody and in the next scene, woody puts them in jail.

Holiday overlay : In the Christmas season Evil Doctor Porkchop gets a name change (Like Jingle Cruise) to Evil Doctor Santa and his black cap gets replaced by a Santa hat and all the "Evil Doctor Porkchop" lines are changed to evil doctor porkchop. As well as the train and his lab is decorated with Christmas decor.

For Halloween, a much minor change is made. His lab has pumpkins scattered throughout and the train has cobwebs and pumpkins aswell.
The one and only: "EVIL. DOCTER. PORKCHOP."
Very good choice for the theme. I thoroughly enjoyed the "Transformers feel," and I feel that this would translate very well into a d-ticket. Debatable decision on the Christmas overlay, but the Halloween one was brief, and I feel would work well. Nice job!

Daveeeeed

Sumo Potato! is an incredibly fun show set in an arena designed to look like a giant toy box. It features an interactive queue where guests can change the (tethered) faces and accessories on oversized built-in potato-head toys while TV screens show an animated history of Sumo wrestling, and the legend of the greatest but most elusive Sumo wrestler ever: Sumo Potato!

Once inside, guests take their seats in the fastidiously detailed arena with larger-than-life toys from the Toy Story series dotting the perimeter, and are treated to a live-action show between two (or more) life-sized Sumo wrestling Potato Heads! They can foil each other with wrestling moves as well as, for example, removing their opponent's lips and placing them on his head (think Mummenschanz if you're old enough - google it if you're not!)

View attachment 174238

The theater empties into a gift shop with a generous section allocated for meet & greets behind several doors.

For the holidays, appropriate accessories and costumes are included, like an Easter egg costume overlay, recognition of Buddha's birthday in May, and of course, Santa chasing the potato heads around to put them in his toy sack and deliver them to children around the world!

View attachment 174237
:hilarious:This would be hilarious actually. Love the creativity, but to be completely honest, I don't know if it would fit the theme of Toy Story Land. Again great creativity, keep it up!

Daveeeeed

Bonnie’s Play Date

When talking about Toy Story, a lot of focus is set on Andy and his time with the toys, but in this new attraction, the main focus will be on Bonnie’s toys: Dolly, Mr. Pricklepants, Trixie, and Buttercup as they lead guests on a 3-D adventure with a mix of practical sets and screens.

After donning 3-D glasses, guests enter Bonnie’s room after she leaves with Mason to go to play outside and meet Trixie who gives a tour of Bonnie’s room to Reptillus Maximus and the rest of the Battlesaurs that Mason brought over showcasing each of Bonnie’s toys such as Mr. Pricklepants reciting Shakespeare, Buttercup galloping with Bullseye, Dolly sitting with Woody at the tea table, catching Buzz and Jessie in an awkward moment, and other funny situations.
Toy-Story-31.jpg
The meet and greet area will be themed after Bonnie’s room, where guests will meet 3 characters: Dolly, Mr. Pricklepants, and Buttercup while Trixie will be a puppet operated by a puppeteer out of site.

For the Christmas overlay, the story will change (mostly screens) to Mason bringing over his new Christmas toys along with the Battlesaurs and Bonnie’s toys trying to show Mason’s new toys what being played with really means; guests will be able to meet Reptillus Maximus, the Cleric, and Angel Kitty at the meet and greet area during the holiday season.
Toy-Story-Time-Forgot-HiDefNinja-4.png

For the Halloween overlay, Bonnie’s mom has brought home a box that was dropped off at the Day Care Center that is filled with Sid’s old hybrid toys and the story revolves around Woody and the gang showing Bonnie’s toys that they really are not that scary.
Interesting choice. I think using Bonnie, and her toys is a great way to connect the guests with the future movies. These holiday overlays would be awesome, as they really change up the ride.

Daveeeeed

President Barbie's Tour

Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland is a brand new D--Ticket where Barbie sends out an invitation four all her foreign friends to come visit to her country! Guests will board a peaceful boat as the guests sail through President Barbie's toy country at Sunnyside, and at one point in the ride guests are invited to pull out their phones and take selfies to post on Snapchat in the Snapchat room! As the ride ends President Barbie waves rigidly at leaving guests.

Throughout the day outside the ride President Barbie will come out side to wave and mingle!

During the holidays the Snapchat room will be decorated with Winter themed ghosts!

I don't know what to say:hilarious::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom