Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

CraniumCommand89

toy-story-midway-mania-sign.png

Toy Story Midway Mania 2.0

An updated version of Toy Story Midway Mania will be coming to Hong Kong with an expanding 4 tracks zig-zagging through several midway style games. The 3D and 4D effects of the attraction will be enhanced to include more variety among the games, so that you can never ride the same attraction twice. The high capacity of the D-ticket will also be good for crowd capacity in the park as well. During the holiday season there will be special games where snow, cold air, frost, and other seasonal sights will be in the midway games.

toy-story-mania-gallery03.jpg

Daveeeeed

Prompt 3 - The Lacking Land
hkdladw10923fi.jpg

Oh man, oh man! What a great competition it has been so far! Thank you, everyone!
And without further ado, PROMPT 3...

Hong Kong Disneyland has always lacked the grandness of the other castle-parks mainly due to its budget. It received three new mini-lands to bring it up to par, but Toy Story Land is nowhere near the quality of the other two. Hong Kong Disneyland will have its first new ride to open since the Iron Man Experience was added to Tomorrowland. As armchair-Imagineers, it is your job to come up with this ride in an "elevator pitch" for a new d-ticket caliber attraction to replace Barrel of Fun (a meet & greet), with a twist: you must also add a new meet & greet.
MAP: https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/attractions/map/

Your pitch can be about anything Toy Story, but here are some guidelines:

1 – It must be Toy Story or Toy Story related: ex. a Pizza Planet coaster.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!
3 - It must contain a meet a greet as well.

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Tuesday, November 15th.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
Has been delayed until Tomorrow @7:00pm EST.

Daveeeeed

Mission: Breakout
As ordered by the Green Army Men

IMG_3081.jpg

Coming to Hong Kong is a ride using the technology of King Kong but in a more comical sense. Enjoy as you join the green army men as they have to perform a rescue mission to rescue Woody and Buzz from Sid's backyard. Remeet Sid's toys, who the green army men treat as hostile, but end up saving the day. The majority of the ride, after the initial launch to Sid's house (created using screens) is inside Sid's house with the climatic rescue occurring his backyard. The area taken by this ride would also house a meet and greet for the Green Army Men and some of Sid's toys. Finally, during the holidays, minor Christmas decorations would be added to the house and snow would cover the outside ground.

AN: Yeah. It's a reuse, but I really love this concept. When I have time I think I'll develop into a full-length attraction
It's very good, but reused concepts cannot be used as it wouldn't be fair to the other contestants. I had to do the same to @SplashZander. Sorry.

kmbmw777

Ride Story
06_14_09_053xxRP_-_Flickr_-_drewj1946.jpg

This ride retells the classic story in a new form - where the main characters (Buzz and Woody) are Theme Park Animatronics instead of Toys. As you begin your ride on Woody's Wild West Train, you almost immediately arrive at a construction zone where you where a conversation between your "tour guide" for this trip and one of the construction workers. When the two of them leave, to resolve the issue on when construction was supposed to begin to replace this ride , the Woody animatronic "comes alive" to complain about how Buzz land is overthrowing the Wild West. Woody and Jessie (who was standing next to Woody) decide to push your train onto the partially destroyed tracks and we whiz through a combination of space scenes and Wild West scenes, where we see the new Buzz animatronic battle Woody and Jessie. The finishes with Woody and Buzz having to save us from falling from a destroyed part of track into lava, and the two of them resolve their differences.

This attraction will house a meet and greet for Woody's gang outside, and will feature cheesy, sloppily made Christmas decorations around the ride for the holidays.

SplashJacket

Escape from Evil Doctor Porkchop!
You are greated by Evil Doctor Porkchop outside (Transformer like animatronic) once you arrive inside the building you quickly board a trackless vehicle as seen in the picture below.
41vsJoJ%2BCmL.jpg

The opening scene is the Dr. himself saying you will recieve certain doom by Prof. Potato (The photo is this scene).
latest

The subsequent scene is Prof. Potato and Mrs. Evil Potato are loading ophans into the train and the next scene is Evil Doctor Porkchop laughing while watching the train fall over the bridge on a screen behind him while he is sitting on the chair as seen in the photo above (Screen turns off before you see buzz save the train from doom). When you go over to pick Prof. Potato up they are facing Buzz, Woody, and Jessie once Dr. Porkchop gets the Potatoes on bored he realeases an army of monkeys on Woody and the gang. Woody pleads to the monkeys to help them overthrow their dictator (Porkchop) and the monkeys agree and stack up to and get porkchop, and potato and give them to woody and in the next scene woody puts them in jail.

Holiday overlay : In the christmas season Evil Doctor Porkchop gets a name change (Like Jingle Cruise) to Evil Doctor Santa and his black cap gets replaced by a santa hat and all the "Evil Doctor Porkchop" lines are changed to evil doctor porkchop. As well as the train and his lab is decorated with christmas decor.

For Halloween a much minor change is made. His lab has pumpkins scattered throughout and the train has cobwebs and pumpkins aswell.

Tony the Tigger

I remember I really enjoyed your Feet and Paws Resort before, I have an extra special place for it now...

The last few days I've been pressed for time on here, because we have a new member of the family!

Meet Jarvis - our 2 year old German Shepard!

He's such a good dog:angelic: - I'd like to take him to the Feet and Paws Resort now:D

Awww, hey Jarvis!! Meet your cousin Kylie - she's a German Shepherd/Chow Chow "blend." And a blanket hog. LOL.

kylie-bed.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom