Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Prompt 3 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

I loved the fact how I could see nearly all of these happening, especially @tcool123's:p.

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it realistic?
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?

Now on to the rankings!!!

honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@spacemt354 for "Sid's House Adventure"
Well done on introducing a darker side to Toy Story in theme parks!
Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@Angels and Disney's for "Andy's Bedroom"
Even though you used few words, this spoke in big ways. As an attraction, imagine seeing all the things going on in Andy's Bedroom. It would work so well!

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @SplashZander for "Escape from Evil Doctor Porkchop"
Well done on conveying the sort of "crime" story. One of the best parts of Toy Story (for me anyway) is Evil Doctor Porkchop, and I believe you leveraged it very effectively.
Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @Pionmycake for "PLAYTIME ADVENTURE: The Revenge of One-Eyed Bart and the Evil Dr. Porkchop "
The name is longer than @MonorailRed 's post:p. Great job for the realism, the execution, and the pacing of attraction!!! I've ridden Ratatouille, so I could picture this, very, very well. Congratulations!

#MickeyAwardRound3
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

Impressive guys, be proud of yourselves! Prompt 4, and the "Boni" among other things will be posted momentarily.:)

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

President Barbie's Tour

Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland is a brand new D--Ticket where Barbie sends out an invitation four all her foreign friends to come visit to her country! Guests will board a peaceful boat as the guests sail through President Barbie's toy country at Sunnyside, and at one point in the ride guests are invited to pull out their phones and take selfies to post on Snapchat in the Snapchat room! As the ride ends President Barbie waves rigidly at leaving guests.

Throughout the day outside the ride, President Barbie will come out side to wave and mingle!

During the holidays the Snapchat room will be decorated with Winter themed ghosts!

And there was two!!!

The Presidential Potato Award!!! \\\ Volume 2
Goes to @tcool123

196258_5_-png.173156

hilary-jpg.173157

(P.S. This competition is not rigged:p)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 3 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

I loved the fact how I could see nearly all of these happening, especially @tcool123's:p.

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it realistic?
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?

Now on to the rankings!!!

honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@spacemt354 for "Sid's House Adventure"
Well done on introducing a darker side to Toy Story in theme parks!
Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@Angels and Disney's for "Andy's Bedroom"
Even though you used few words, this spoke in big ways. As an attraction, imagine seeing all the things going on in Andy's Bedroom. It would work so well!

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @SplashZander for "Escape from Evil Doctor Porkchop"
Well done on conveying the sort of "crime" story. One of the best parts of Toy Story (for me anyway) is Evil Doctor Porkchop, and I believe you leveraged it very effectively.
Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @Pionmycake for "PLAYTIME ADVENTURE: The Revenge of One-Eyed Bart and the Evil Dr. Porkchop "
The name is longer than @MonorailRed 's post:p. Great job for the realism, the execution, and the pacing of attraction!!! I've ridden Ratatouille, so I could picture this, very, very well.

(And I don't think to have two LPS rides in the park would be at all bad. Ratatouille's vehicle is a simulator, while Mystic Manor is not. Bringing this up in case you used an LPS ride).

#MickeyAwardRound3
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

Impressive guys, be proud of yourselves! Prompt 4, and the "Boni" among other things will be posted momentarily.:)
Thanks so much!!! I really loved doing this prompt cuz I'm a huge toy story fan! I'm glad you guys liked it!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Sumo Potato! is an incredibly fun show set in an arena designed to look like a giant toy box. It features an interactive queue where guests can change the (tethered) faces and accessories on oversized built-in potato-head toys while TV screens show an animated history of Sumo wrestling, and the legend of the greatest but most elusive Sumo wrestler ever: Sumo Potato!

Once inside, guests take their seats in the fastidiously detailed arena with larger-than-life toys from the Toy Story series dotting the perimeter, and are treated to a live-action show between two (or more) life-sized Sumo wrestling Potato Heads! They can foil each other with wrestling moves as well as, for example, removing their opponent's lips and placing them on his head (think Mummenschanz if you're old enough - google it if you're not!)

View attachment 174238

The theater empties into a gift shop with a generous section allocated for meet & greets behind several doors.

For the holidays, appropriate accessories and costumes are included, like an Easter egg costume overlay, recognition of Buddha's birthday in May, and of course, Santa chasing the potato heads around to put them in his toy sack and deliver them to children around the world!

View attachment 174237
Presenting:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: The Sumo & Potatos Award:p
lays-lightly-salted.png

SumoWrestlers.jpg

This goes to...
@Tony the Tigger :D

Daveeeeed

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Prompt 4 - The Voyage to Somewhere Else

Well, I am honestly beyond impressed with the proposals, as not only are they good, but I could see many of them happening in the real world! Great job everyone, and of course, here's Prompt 4:
Voyage_to_the_Crystal_Grotto_Shanghai.jpg

Shanghai Disney Resort opened earlier this year and is Disney's technically most impressive park. But a few rides were anticipated to be grander. One of these is "Voyage To The Crystal Grotto." As armchair-Imagineers, it is your job to come up with a complete replacement with a new story using any vehicle system you want that is an indoor/outdoor attraction. Your "elevator pitch" for a new E-ticket caliber attraction will replace Voyage to The Crystal Grotto.
MAP: https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/maps/

Your pitch can be about anything that could possibly fit in Fantasyland, but here are some guidelines:

1 - It must be an indoor/outdoor attraction.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Sunday, November 13th.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
shanghaidisneymap.jpg

Daveeeeed

Boni a.k.a a Bonus
The_nightmare_before_christmas_poster.jpg

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my all-time favorite films, so I expect high things:D, which I am sure you all will do based on the previous prompts!
As armchair-Imagineers, it is your optional job to say in TWO sentences something Nightmare Before Christmas related of any kind that will go into The Shanghai Disney Resort. From rides to restaurants, to shows, to resorts, to parties; anything is fair game. (More Info Below)

Here's the catch... if someone has posted something before you, let's say a show, you have to choose something else, let's say a restaurant, and then state as much as you can about it in two sentences. In simple terms: you cannot use what someone else used before you.
You only can use two sentences. No holiday overlay may be used.

It is due Tomorrow @ 7:00pm EST if you would like to do it.

Goodluck!

Tony the Tigger

Jack Skellington's Not-At-All-Scary Christmas Mansion is "Sandy Claws" sincere attempt to make the most spectacular Christmas Mansion attraction ever, but in classic Skellington style, it turns out to be a pretty Cringely (not Kringle-y) affair.

Guests ride in a continuously moving sleigh vehicle through a hallway of ghouls rattling chains (meant to sound like jingle bells) a room where a medium tries to bring back your dead loved ones from beyond for Christmas, and a graveyard out back lined with giant orange and black striped candy canes and blinking lights; and Oogie Boogie is guarding the real Santa Claus who is tied up and trying to break out of the coffin upon which Boogie is perched.

Tony the Tigger

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, after providing guests with the backstory in queue, Mutt subsequently loads them into an amphibious vehicle which almost immediately takes a steep drop down to set the stage for the adventure to follow. After being chased by Russians just inside the cave-like ancient ruins at the entrance, they find themselves outdoors and still can't lose the Russians as they bounce and speed through a forest with swarms of ants all around.

is (1).jpg

As the vehicle reduces speed and adapts to navigate shallow waters and several brilliant waterfalls (one of two nods to the ride it replaced, the other being the Disney statues, resurfaced to look like stone sculptures that line the narrow entrance to the huge room without a ceiling where the 13 ancient alien bodies are seen. In an effect similar to the hatbox ghost, the crystal skull in the hands of the animatronic Indy in the center of the room suddenly disappears and reappears on the head of the alien lacking one, and brilliant lights pour down from the sky to the skulls as your vehicle escapes just in time and you end once again back inside a giant cave, where they disembark into a gift shop within said cave.

The Russians are not so lucky.

is (2).jpg

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Jack Skellington's Spooky Celebration!
This all new show in the location of the former frozen sing along occurs when Jack Skellington's thinks that Halloweentown is not scary enough, so, to cheer him up, Zero and Sally bring some of the biggest, and baddest, Disney Villans to Halloweentown. The show begins with a version of "This is Halloween" that is weak and dies off, before Sally and Zero first bring Dr. Facilier, whose voo doo wows, followed by Ursula, and then Maleficent comes joined by Evil Queen, after that Oogie Boogie comes offended by his lack of invitation begins to "torture" the audience with water and air effects before Jack Heroically saves the day, along with a powerful rendition of "This is Halloween"

spacemt354

Chili's
Nightmare Before Christmas Musical

In a small section of Fantasyland in Shanghai Disneyland, Halloweentown will be built in honor of The Nightmare Before Christmas. The main attraction will be a show, featuring all of the characters in a rendition of the film similar to the musical at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, where the film is acted out in a play.​

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Bonus submission
Halloweentown Festival Fun & Games
A new collection of midway style carnival games and a M&G themed to Nightmare Before Christmas characters housed in a small courtyard decorated too look like Halloweentown square hosting a town fair style festival.
It will be built either between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland or Fantasyland and Pirates as a temporary place holder (like camp minnie-mickey, but smaller) for the next 5 or so years until Disney is ready to build a new major ride or mini land in that space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom