Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Nightmare Before Christmas Musical

In a small section of Fantasyland in Shanghai Disneyland, Halloweentown will be built in honor of The Nightmare Before Christmas. The main attraction will be a show, featuring all of the characters in a rendition of the film similar to the musical at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, where the film is acted out in a play.​
Won me gold in Season 3:D

spacemt354

Chili's
---The NIGHTMARE
-------Before CHRISTMAS

Next to The Rock n' Rollercoaster is Moonlight Theater. This 1,600 seat indoor theater will have shows of The Nightmare Before Christmas throughout the day -- each 35-minute show will have state of the art special effects and a massive set piece that spins with every scene change to change the location, but the incredible part is when Jack walks down a hill that actually curls down like the film. Once you enter you will transition from the land to Halloween Town with heavy theming -- the theater on the inside is themed that a new theater opened in Halloween town, and will show the story of Jack Skellington all the while the exterior will continue the Record Studio vibe of The Rock n’ Roller coaster, a new restaurant, and turn this area of Sunset Boulevard into a new land called East End (songs featured are Jack’s Lament, among other songs from the movie, and a one new song). This rendition of the wonderful movie will have a new arrangement of the movie’s score throughout the line and attraction, and will feature a 5-minute pre show, to disperse crowds entering the theater, and to bring you to Jack Skellington's world.

(at 2:22 that little Sax segment would be the basis for the music in the line, pre show, and in the few minutes before the show starts)

Won me gold in Season 3:D
:D I'm glad you caught the subtle reference!:bookworm:

FigmentPigments

The Pumpkin King's Feast

Enter through the pumpkin shaped doorway into Halloween Town where guests can dine in several themed rooms such as Jack's Room (overlooking the pumpkin patch), Doctor Finklestein's laboratory (tables surround an operating slab where he is trying to create a new companion to replace Sally), Oogie Boogie's gambling lair (complete with glow in the dark effects), and Town Center (with the creepy fountain as the focal point) where every room will have the corresponding song playing while diners enjoy their oddly named food.

This table service eatery will be the ultimate dining experience as the characters from Nightmare Before Christmas (Jack, Sally, Lock, Shock, Barrel, and Oogie Boogie) make the rounds to greet each table, and be sure to visit during Christmas time where the residents of Halloween Town have decorated for the season, in their own unique way of course.

Siren

Hi @David2319! Awww, thanks so much for thinking of me. Like, I have never done anything like this before. I feel so clueless and I'm late to the party, too.

Round ends & Results begin at 7:00pm EST

Quick reminder:
@DlpPhantom @Poe Dameron

And if you'd like to join [B][COLOR=#ff4da6]@Siren[/COLOR][/B]
Well, I was just browsing through some of the posts and OMG, everyone here is so talented, like extremely talented. I don't know if I can do this.

@David2319 - Just PM me all of the instructions for this and the upcoming dates and I'll see. I have a million questions for you, so I think I will just observe for right now, whenever I can.

Also, all of these submissions are so creative. This is a such highly talented group of professionals and this thread is just amazing.

Anyway, congrats to all of the winners.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hi @David2319! Awww, thanks so much for thinking of me. Like, I have never done anything like this before. I feel so clueless and I'm late to the party, too.

Well, I was just browsing through some of the posts and OMG, everyone here is so talented, like extremely talented. I don't know if I can do this.

@David2319 - Just PM me all of the instructions for this and the upcoming dates and I'll see. I have a million questions for you, so I think I will just observe for right now, whenever I can.

Also, all of these submissions are so creative. This is a such highly talented group of professionals and this thread is just amazing.

Anyway, congrats to all of the winners.
I'm sure you can do this and I bet you'll be pretty good at it! Everyone starts somewhere and I think this is a great introductory event to try to test the waters. Hope to see you around!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 4 - The Voyage to Somewhere Else

Well, I am honestly beyond impressed with the proposals, as not only are they good, but I could see many of them happening in the real world! Great job everyone, and of course, here's Prompt 4:
View attachment 174253
Shanghai Disney Resort opened earlier this year and is Disney's technically most impressive park. But a few rides were anticipated to be grander. One of these is "Voyage To The Crystal Grotto." As armchair-Imagineers, it is your job to come up with a complete replacement with a new story using any vehicle system you want that is an indoor/outdoor attraction. Your "elevator pitch" for a new E-ticket caliber attraction will replace Voyage to The Crystal Grotto.
MAP: https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/maps/

Your pitch can be about anything that could possibly fit in Fantasyland, but here are some guidelines:

1 - It must be an indoor/outdoor attraction.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Sunday, November 13th.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
shanghaidisneymap.jpg
Forgot what the prompt was lol

This should be a good one!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Princess's Story

-In the preshow, the Royal Storyteller floats up near the crowd (the royal storyteller is a magical talking boat that looks like the boat from Wind Waker with a more human face carved on the front) and uses a simplified version Turtle Talk technology to ask a few kids what they dream of being when they grow up as well as tell everyone that he is going to tell the tale how Princess Tarina (An original princess to please Shanghai and their desire to have everything unique) found her story.
upload_2016-11-11_21-11-9.png

-Guests board the Royal Storyteller boat (not the AA one used in the preshow theater, but a regular high capacity boat version) for a journey down the river past scenes of classic princesses to hear how their stories help inspire Tarina’s in her quest to understand what her story will be.
-Tarina wonders if her story will be one of bravery like Princess Merida’s, one of love like Sleeping Beauty’s, one of curiosity like Princess Ariel’s, one of kindness like Snow White’s, or one of honor like Mulan’s but after hearing how Cinderella came from nothing and became one of the greatest princesses of all time, Tarina realizes that her story can be whatever she wants it to be!
upload_2016-11-11_21-12-14.png

-An original song about the nature of stories, dreams, and destiny plays as the boats enter into the caves under the castle where visuals of people who made their dreams come true are projected on the walls (the projections are all based on what the kids in the pre-show say they dream of being when they grow up).
-The last scene involves the boat passing through the royal chamber of Princess Tarina who is now an adult and assures us that “she wrote her own story and now she lives happily ever after” before our boats go back outside to return to the dock.

-For the holiday season, the queue will skip the pre-show theater and go right to the ride through a hallway where storybooks set up the plot to get to the dock.
-The pre-show theater is then opened up as a small theater where the royal storyteller can interact with kids and tell them holiday stories (for whatever holidays they want to set this up for).

spacemt354

Chili's
Maleficent's Castle
Maleficents-castle-Sleeping-Beauty.jpg

Peering from behind the Shanghai Castle will be something unique in Disney Magic Kingdom Style Parks. The view from the entrance will not just be looking down at a castle of princesses, but will also be seeing a dark, contrasting castle behind it. Replacing the Voyage will be a high thrill Maleficent Dragon roller coaster in the center of Fantasyland.
latest

This 150ft tall castle will sit in the water of the crystal grotto, and will have one of Disney's first flying coasters, where guests will board and try and escape Maleficent's clutches and return to Fantasyland, reaching speeds of up to 60 mph and containing 2 corkscrews, this attraction will be indoors (inside the castle) and then end outdoors as you make your escape.

Siren

I'm sure you can do this and I bet you'll be pretty good at it! Everyone starts somewhere and I think this is a great introductory event to try to test the waters. Hope to see you around!:)
Hi @spacemt354! Awww, thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. David sent me this huge manual that I have to read through sometime over the weekend.

OMG, all of your submission(s) here -- as well as the other posters are truly amazing. It's all so creative and detailed. Sigh, those pesky details. LOL.

Okay, I won't deflect this thread anymore - my next post here will be a submission.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Hi @spacemt354! Awww, thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. David sent me this huge manual that I have to read through sometime over the weekend.

OMG, all of your submission(s) here -- as well as the other posters are truly amazing. It's all so creative and detailed. Sigh, those pesky details. LOL.

Okay, I won't deflect this thread anymore - my next post here will be a submission.
Aw, why thank you I'm so humbled by that.:oops:

And haha good for David! Glad you're gonna post one - can't wait to see!:D

The Excavator

20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
20kpostcard.jpg

Replacing the Voyage of the Crystal Grotto will be the classic Disney submarine ride 20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. You will board a submarine and travel deep down into the ocean with Captain Nemo and the crew, but beware of the creatures of the deep ocean. The attraction will be reopened in hopes of sparking new life into the franchise and giving a new generation the chance to experience the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom