Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Prompt 2 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

Great job everyone, I loved them all! (I can't give details this round as I really have to go to bed). Here are the results:

honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Tony the Tigger For "Bambi: Great Prince of the Forest"

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@Magic Feather For "Adventures Through Time"

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@Pionmycake for "Voyage on the Enchanted River (Voyage sur la rivière enchantée)"

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

@FigmentPigments For "Le gardien de l'histoire" a.k.a "The Story Keeper"

#MickeyAwardRound2:D
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

You guys all did fantastically! You have no idea how hard this round was to pick the top, as I really did admire all of them. Thanks for not only participating but letting me enjoy your creativity! Ready for Hong Kong Fuey?:p

Daveeeeed

Prompt 3 - The Lacking Land
hkdladw10923fi.jpg

Oh man, oh man! What a great competition it has been so far! Thank you, everyone!
And without further ado, PROMPT 3...

Hong Kong Disneyland has always lacked the grandness of the other castle-parks mainly due to its budget. It received three new mini-lands to bring it up to par, but Toy Story Land is nowhere near the quality of the other two. Hong Kong Disneyland will have its first new ride to open since the Iron Man Experience was added to Tomorrowland. As armchair-Imagineers, it is your job to come up with this ride in an "elevator pitch" for a new d-ticket caliber attraction to replace Barrel of Fun (a meet & greet), with a twist: you must also add a new meet & greet.
MAP: https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/attractions/map/

Your pitch can be about anything Toy Story, but here are some guidelines:

1 – It must be Toy Story or Toy Story related: ex. a Pizza Planet coaster.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!
3 - It must contain a meet a greet as well.

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Tuesday, November 15th.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Shout out to those who I think would like to join:

@brb1006 & @Coaster Lover

One Sentence Competition: Season 2 - Episode 4
WHAT IF?

You are entering another dimension.
To all that join this competition: welcome. This is a grand competition. Here, you will encounter obstacles and boundaries, but you will overcome them. The One Sentence Competition Episode 4 is dedicated to the simple ideas, the dreamers, and the change that you yourself will imagine.

This time you’ll replace many your childhood memories, but you will do this along with an overlay for a holiday. As the theme will be “What If.” In other words, what if something iconic and beloved Vanishes, and all memory with it. Because of that, you must create something else in its place.

For folks that haven’t heard, the One Sentence Competition is quick, easy and fun. In its fourth episode and second season, it is sure to be a blast! This competition does not have eliminations and instead is score based. Using Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Each round you will write 1-5 sentences, can add up to two photos, and up to 2 additional sentences briefly describing a holiday overlay of the attraction. Each round, the holiday overlay will be your choice!

This is all set in the present day, so nothing from the past can be replaced. This competition extends farther than Walt Disney World and will go to all Disney Resorts in the world.

If you’re new, come and join us, it’s a laidback and non-time-consuming competition.

Now with all of this, if you should decide to join us, there’s room for a thousand. Any volunteers? Final arrangements may be made by saying “I’m in” below.

This Episode will officially depart November 1st.

I hope you decide to join us! Thank you, and have fun!

If anyone would like to join, simply say "I'm in."

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Sid's House Adventure
sidsafety+.jpg

While Hong Kong Disneyland is themed to Andy's Backyard, the new expansion of the land will be a D-ticket style attraction that will have our favorite characters on an adventure on the other side of the fence in Sid's backyard

A dirtier and dimmer backyard setting than the bright colors of Toy Story Land, you walk through a fence and into Sid's House where you are greeted by his misfit toys (no not the island of misfit toys). You join Woody and Buzz on an adventure to save the toys and bring them to Andy's backyard before Sid comes home, yes Sid.
200_s.gif

Using a variety of projection and physical set pieces, you will save the toys in a daring rescue where you come face to face with Sid's magnifying glass, the room gets warm, before he is distracted by his little sister and you make your getaway. Ultimately, this dark ride attraction will last around 3:30 minutes and will be a new and unique addition to the Toy Story Land concepts, adding another dimension and landscape to the land as a whole.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
PLAYTIME ADVENTURE:
The Revenge of One-Eyed Bart and the Evil Dr. Porkchop

Enter through Andy’s make shift village and join the toys in a fun and exciting journey into Andy’s imagination in a ride would be similar to the Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris, blending props/AAs with large scale projection effects to create the illusion that you are Andy's new toy in a larger than life environment.
upload_2016-11-7_1-16-28.png
The attraction experience will start slow and simple evoking the happy nostalgic feeling of childhood playtime and be reminiscent of the opening of Toy Story 1 taking place in Andy’s room with simple sets and relatively few projections since this is the “real” version of playtime. As the attraction progresses, the ride ramps up the excitement as the scenes become more elaborate and exciting as the simple, grounded playtime in Andy’s room transitions into a grand, chaotic adventure chasing down One-Eyed Bart, One-Eyed Betty and the Evil Dr. Porkchop through the dessert canyon from the opening of Toy Story 3 with far more projection and screen based effects since this is the “fantasy” version of playtime.
upload_2016-11-7_1-16-45.png
The ride culminates in all the chaotic action suddenly freeze-framing as Andy’s mom calls him down for dinner ending playtime and causing the canyon to melt away back into Andy’s room. As riders pull into the unload station, Buzz and Woody AAs thank the riders for all their help and congratulate them on a job well done.

For Christmas, the ride itself won't change, but the cardboard box village will be "wrapped up" like gifts so that instead of just being Andy's new toys, you are his new Christmas presents. Also, the Buzz and Woody at the end can be easily given holiday greetings to say for any holiday (Christmas, Halloween, New Years, anything) and dressed up for the season.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-7_1-12-35.png
    upload_2016-11-7_1-12-35.png
    450.6 KB · Views: 65

spacemt354

Chili's
PLAYTIME ADVENTURE:
The Revenge of One-Eyed Bart and the Evil Dr. Porkchop

Enter through Andy’s make shift village and join the toys in a fun and exciting journey into Andy’s imagination in a ride would be similar to the Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris, blending props/AAs with large scale projection effects to create the illusion that you are a toy in a larger than life environment.
The attraction experience will start slow and simple evoking the happy nostalgic feeling of childhood playtime and be reminiscent of the opening of Toy Story 1 taking place in Andy’s room with simple sets and relatively few projections since this is the “real” version of playtime. As the attraction progresses, the ride ramps up the excitement as the scenes become more elaborate and exciting as the simple, grounded playtime in Andy’s room transitions into a grand, chaotic adventure chasing down One-Eyed Bart, One-Eyed Betty and the Evil Dr. Porkchop through the dessert canyon from the opening of Toy Story 3 with far more projection and screen based effects since this is the “fantasy” version of playtime.
The ride culminates in all the chaotic action suddenly freeze-framing as Andy’s mom calls him down for dinner ending playtime and causing the canyon to melt away back into Andy’s room. As riders pull into the unload station, Buzz and Woody AAs thank the riders for all their help and congratulate them on a job well done.
Ah - this is so cool! id like to ride this now...so much nostalgia "evil dr porkchop!":D

tcool123

Original Poster
Yo puedo hablar en espanol.:D Es verda.
Edit: Hong Kong mainly speaks English, so that won't be a problem:p
iYo también! ¿Aprendiste en la escuela o en casa?

Yup, I can speak it near fluently.
How about Spanglish? That is truly the greatest (worst) "language" of all time. I never knew till like middle school Ok was not a word in Spanish :hilarious: Furthermore I don't know what sabanas are in English. Nor can I bring my self to say guayaba and robitussin in English.

Haha, la problema es que, la gente aqui no saben espanol.:hilarious:
iEso no es verdad! iSoy cubano!

Demora, pero si podemos tratar.:p
iVamos a hacerlo ahora!

Pobre space :p;):D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom