Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

MonorailRed

Applebees
Prompt 2 - Season 2: Episode 4
Timekeepers

latest

Bringing back an old favorite in a new way, TimeKeepers is a new attraction that focuses on time travel with your own TimeTracker vehicle. This attraction, similar to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in terms of thrills, will replace Autopia with brand new, swinging, suspended coaster technology.

maxresdefault.jpg

The indoor ride travels through time and space with projection technology, with stops at scenes thought history using upgraded Spaceship Earth Audio Animatronics.​

FigmentPigments

Current Roster
@Poe Dameron
@MonorailRed
@spacemt354
@Tony the Tigger
@Magic Feather
@Angels and Disney's
@kmbmw777
@CraniumCommand89
@tcool123
@michmousefan
@SplashZander
@Brer Robbie
@unkadug
@FigmentPigments
@Pionmycake
@wdwbaw ????

As a reminder you all have until 7:00pm EST Tonight. The next prompt will be started as results are completed, as well as a guide for all of the next prompts.
Would anybody mind if we delayed the deadline til 8? If we can't that's fine, no worries.:)

SplashJacket

This futuristic ride will be replacing star tours and the Tomorrowland railroad station. This ride will have two different tracks with two different themes, one being in fantasyland and the other in Tomorrowland, both will be based around time travel and time manipulation. This ride vehicle will be like Kong's vehicle though will have a reskin to look like it came out of Tron and have a golden aura bouncing off of it.
30706539701_9fbf672f32_k.jpg

Tomorrowland track : The ride will be going through realms in an attempt to reach a distant alien society in hope of a revolutionize man kind.
30174505204_fc34499485_b.jpg

Fantasyland track : You the current dictatorship try to stop the rebels from mastering time manipulation, though the dictatorship has received the prototype through a leaked but in the end, they are stopped by a beast in another realm and the rebels finish the prototype and humanity is changed forever.

(Not a part of the submission but not sure if re using something from another competition is allowed, but was short on time... Anyway thanks to everyone who worked on it with me...)

kmbmw777

Dinosaur!
MIT_Kresge_Auditorium.jpg

This ride is a revamp of the rose at Animal Kingdom. Featuring a more high tech Dino Institute, carts, and a new storyline - this ride will bring guests back to Tommorowland This time guests travel back to the age of the Extinction in order to pull thousands of dinosaurs out of time to the future, sofuture the Institute can do more comprehensive research on them.

For the holidays, the queue is decorated with Christmas objects much like the average office building would be.

Magic Feather

Replacing Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, here comes "Adventures through Time", bringing a new family friendly, non-IP based ride to Discoveryland. This ride begins in the laboratory of Dr. Morrow, from the old attraction, Timekeeper, as an animatronic form of him awaits us in a pre-show to tell us of a journey through time we will embark on. Guests then board metal clad omnimover carts akin to those of Spaceship Earth, as guests venture through time portals, and into the past, through scenes in the age of Vikings, and ancient Egypt, before returning to the present. Here, we see the time travel machine break, as we are launched into a future at Alpha Centauri and Mesa Verde, similar to that of Horizons. Overall, this new attraction will bring new life to Discoveryland.

For Halloween, the medival England scene will become haunted, and for Cristmas, wreaths will be strung.

Last edited:

FigmentPigments

Le gardien de l'histoire​

The Story Keeper
54887909-368-k199343.jpg

Replacing the bland and uninspiring Autopia in Discoveryland, comes the new E - ticket attraction, The Story Keeper; a journey into the oft neglected world of literature, which like the rest of Discoveryland, will focus on European authors and thinkers.

Guests will enter into an unassuming, old bookstore, where it looks like no one has been there for a while, but just through the "employees only" door, guests will meet the Story Keeper, (who at first appears as an eccentric bookseller, but who transforms into several other people as he guides guests through each different genre in a quest to discover great literature).

The Story Keeper will give a short exposition on his love of stories, while books seem to slide out of shelves to fly into his hands (this will give guests an idea of the stories they will experience) as he explains, "Just one drop of ink on a page, and discover the power of that words can yield."

After boarding their vehicles, guests will through the great stories if Moby D'ick (where a giant whaling vessel that towers over guests is attacked by an enormous white whale before being besieged by the pirates from Treasure Island) and then it's into the smoke filled streets of London to visit Baker Street and Sherlock Holmes, and finally into the the fantasy world of Gulliver's Travels before disembarking.

The gift shop, Bookmarks, will not only sell the many different books experienced on the ride, but also the Kingdom Keepers series as well as writing books and prompts to inspire guests to put their own ink to paper and discover their own love of a good story.

As a seasonal overlay, a fourth scene will become available and will be situated on a turn table to allow the the scene to change from Halloween to Christmas more easily.

For Halloween journey into the horror of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as well as the slow decay of Dorian Gray, but for Chritmas, guests will be treated to scenes from Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Le gardien de l'histoire​

The Story Keeper
54887909-368-k199343.jpg

Replacing the bland and uninspiring Autopia in Discoveryland, comes the new E - ticket attraction, The Story Keeper; a journey into the oft neglected world of literature, which like the rest of Discoveryland, will focus on European authors and thinkers.

Guests will enter into an unassuming, old bookstore, where it looks like no one has been there for a while, but just through the "employees only" door, guests will meet the Story Keeper, (who at first appears as an eccentric bookseller, but who transforms into several other people as he guides guests through each different genre in a quest to discover great literature).

The Story Keeper will give a short exposition on his love of stories, while books seem to slide out of shelves to fly into his hands (this will give guests an idea of the stories they will experience) as he explains, "Just one drop of ink on a page, and discover the power of that words can yield."

After boarding their vehicles, guests will through the great stories if Moby D'ick (where a giant whaling vessel that towers over guests is attacked by an enormous white whale before being besieged by the pirates from Treasure Island) and then it's into the smoke filled streets of London to visit Baker Street and Sherlock Holmes, and finally into the the fantasy world of Gulliver's Travels before disembarking.

The gift shop, Bookmarks, will not only sell the many different books experienced on the ride, but also the Kingdom Keepers series as well as writing books and prompts to inspire guests to put their own ink to paper and discover their own love of a good story.

As a seasonal overlay, a fourth scene will become available and will be situated on a turn table to allow the the scene to change from Halloween to Christmas more easily.

For Halloween journey into the horror of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as well as the slow decay of Dorian Gray, but for Chritmas, guests will be treated to scenes from Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol.

I love this! it reminds me of that movie The Pagemaster, but actually good! And i could definitely see "One Drop of Ink" being a classic Disney song along the lines of "One Little Spark!"

Daveeeeed

Prompt 2 Submission - Splash Mountain
Splash_Mountain_at_Magic_Kingdom.jpg

Replacing the Chaparral Theater will be a Disney classic attraction Splash Mountain in Disneyland Paris. One of the few Magic Kingdom Parks that doesn't have this type of ride, Splash Mountain will be another E-ticket in a star line up of attractions in the park. The attraction will be tweaked to include more indoor scenes on the attraction, with the drop even being equipped with a heating system. Since it sometimes gets cold in Paris, the heating system will prevent the water from freezing in the cold weather. For the holidays, the attraction will be themed to a Southern Christmas, with the mountain decorated in garland and lights for the festivities.
Definitely a missed attraction in the park, but it would've been better if you would have come up with an original attraction, but I still felt like this ride would definitely work. Frontierland the Phantom Manor Side wouldn't due to the theming, but the Railroad side I feel it would work due to the theming being much different, so great location! Good job explaining the changes to the attraction, I enjoyed the tweaks. Love the southern Christmas, being from Atlanta that's deeply touching:pBut on a more serious note I really think it would work. Great job!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Bambi: Great Prince of the Forest, replacing the forest-set Pocahontas Indian Village in Frontierland, is a classic-style Disney dark ride that takes the use of screens to an entirely new level, with each and every white wall inside the ride functioning as a floor to ceiling screen.

View attachment 173553

As your ride vehicle navigates the path through fall, snowy winter and warm spring, Bambi's world is projected all around you - first with a loving goodbye and "have fun and stay safe" from his mother, to Thumper and his pals and their antics, to a glimpse of his father (the Great Prince of the Forest) to Flower and Faline.

One of the highlights is just before a turn (so there is a wall in front of you, allowing for an extra projection ahead as well as on either side) a hunter is spotted, your vehicle speeds up and bounds gracefully up and down as you find yourself in the middle of a herd of deer all flocking to get away and then banking to the right. As you circle back around the other side of the hunter's camp, you see their campfire start to burn out of control (and you feel the heat from it) and escape towards the riverbank with Faline, Thumper, and friends.

runningdeer_zpsy6nabruu.gif

The final happy scene is an adult Faline with Bambi's two frolicking young twins, as she tells them to "have fun and stay safe" and that one day one of them may become the Great Prince of the Forest like Bambi; which then exits into the appropriately-themed gift shop.

For the Christmas overlay, during the winter scene, "Jingle Bells" starts to play in the background, and Santa and his flying reindeer fly through the air, as Santa yells, "Merry Christmas, Bambi! Merry Christmas, children - be good, for goodness' sake - ho ho ho!" They appear again in the last scene as Faline and the kids decorate a small Christmas tree growing in the forest.
First off, I love the idea of changing text colours throughout the prompt. Nice touch. As for the attraction well done! Screens would not be an issue at Disneyland Parc, as there are no all screen rides there; I really like how it takes it above and beyond. I feel like this ride is what the park desperately needs, a ride for the family that's joyfully whimsical. This seems like it can become as iconic as Peter Pan's Flight with time.

Daveeeeed

Voyage on the Enchanted River (Voyage sur la rivière enchantée)

Replacing Storybook Land Canal Boats and the Casey Jr. Circus Train in Fantasyland, the Voyage on the Enchanted River (Voyage sur la rivière enchantée) takes guest on a gentle boat ride down a mystical river where magic lives around every bend. Boats will travel through the 100 Acre Woods, past Carl’s house as it sits on the side of the river (from Up), through a field of flowers in Bambi’s forest home, past Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs cottage, through the spooky forest Snow White Traveled through, and into a dark cavern with no lights. Inside the cavern, the darkness will be broken as floating lanterns fill the sky as “I see the Light” from Tangled plays. Lastly, the light of the lanterns fade and the twinkling, dancing light of hundreds of “stars” fills the cavern instead and reflects off the water for a truly enchanting grand finale set to “When You Wish Upon a Star.” Voyage on the Enchanted River would be a truly magical experience the distinguishes itself by focusing on locations and large scale set pieces found in Disney’s most beloved movies, both new and old, rather than on the characters themselves while tying the whole experience together in a fairy-tale fantasy forest.

full

full

For the Holiday Season, the two sequences in the cavern (Tangled and wishing stars) will be replaced by dazzling Christmas lights/projection based effects and the dazzling holiday display will look twice as wonderful with its reflection in the calm waters the boats travel through. The three houses (Pooh’s in the 100 Acre Woods, Carl’s, and Snow White’s) will all be tastefully decorated for the holidays as well.

Nice creativity! I like that you took out the Storybook Canal boats and then replaced it with something similar. I feel like you are pulling a SDMT: Replacing an old ride with something new, but unlike SDMT I think you did it justice (not that I don't like SDMT, but to get rid of a classic it needed to be better). I think you didn't make the same mistake, and in fact made it far improved. Stories are what Fantasyland is about, so this ride would definitely work. Can't wait to see more from you!! Great first prompt, and just a prompt in general!

Daveeeeed

Beauty and the Beast
beautyandthebeastride1.jpeg

Replacing Alice's Curious Labyrinth is the never built dark ride attraction for Disneyland Paris - Beauty and the Beast. Join Belle on a tale as old as time, as you take a carriage through the sights and sounds of the film.

With a large "Be Our Guest" scene in the middle of the attraction - the face projection technology seen today will make this scene one of the best in all of Disney parks. Furthermore, after the attraction, you can visit Belle's cottage and Gaston's tavern for a quick service bit to eat, and around the holidays - you and your family can gather together for Storytime with Belle, as Christmas stories such as Twas the Night Before Christmas are read to the kids by Belle.
belle.jpg

As I am a massive fan of Beauty & The Beast, I may be a bit biased:oops: But here goes:D. I love B&TB, so great addition.

Fantasyland at DLP is beautiful; it feels like what the original parts of the Fantasyland at MK needs to feel like (the area around IASW, Peter Pan, Teacups), but it's lacking the New Fantasyland feel. You accomplished this well, and I love that you decided to go with an old idea, but knowing Disney, realistically they'll use the clone from Tokyo. Anyway nice job, and the touch of Christmas I thought was clever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom