Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Prompt 2 - Season 2: Episode 4
Timekeepers

latest

Bringing back an old favorite in a new way, TimeKeepers is a new attraction that focuses on time travel with your own TimeTracker vehicle. This attraction, similar to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in terms of thrills, will replace Autopia with a brand new, swinging, suspended coaster technology.

maxresdefault.jpg

The indoor ride travels through time and space with projection technology, with stops at scenes through history using upgraded Spaceship Earth Audio-Animatronics.​
One word, smart. I could see this. I really could, and I think it would work well. Time travel is something that I have personally done for Discoveryland in The House Cup, and for three sentences this would be a great addition!

Daveeeeed

This futuristic ride will be replacing star tours and the Tomorrowland railroad station. This ride will have two different tracks with two different themes, one being in fantasyland and the other in Tomorrowland, both will be based around time travel and time manipulation. This ride vehicle will be like Kong's vehicle though will have a reskin to look like it came out of Tron and have a golden aura bouncing off of it.
30706539701_9fbf672f32_k.jpg

Tomorrowland track : The ride will be going through realms in an attempt to reach a distant alien society in hope of a revolutionize man kind.
30174505204_fc34499485_b.jpg

Fantasyland track : You the current dictatorship try to stop the rebels from mastering time manipulation, though the dictatorship has received the prototype through a leaked but in the end, they are stopped by a beast in another realm and the rebels finish the prototype and humanity is changed forever.

(Not a part of the submission but not sure if reusing something from another competition is allowed, but was short on time... Anyway thanks to everyone who worked on it with me...)
I love it! But... even though you did do this in @Magic Feather 's comp, "Quest for the Diamond Ears," to be fair as you had other teammates too, I don't think it would be right for me to include this. But it's no big deal, we have many more prompts, and a few bonuses for you to make-up ground. As for the prompt, I think it would be a solid attraction, but it would have a slight theming issue as Steampunk is the land's theme. Star Tours breaks away from this currently, so I'll give that a pass. I love the dual track design, gives you two different rides with the same theme, and capacity! Nice job overall, but like I said, to be fair I cannot give you credit, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Dinosaur!
MIT_Kresge_Auditorium.jpg

This ride is a revamp of the ride at Animal Kingdom. Featuring a more high-tech Dino Institute, carts, and a new storyline - this ride will bring guests back to Tommorowland This time guests travel back to the age of the Extinction in order to pull thousands of dinosaurs out of time to the future, sofuture the Institute can do more comprehensive research on them.

For the holidays, the queue is decorated with Christmas objects much like the average office building would be.
You know, I think this ride would work great in Tomorrowland for sure! But since Discoveryland is in the place of other parks' Tomorrowland, I think it doesn't work as well. But you did say it had a completely new storyline, so maybe you fixed this issue. Love the exterior design, and with a hint of steampunk in a similar fashion to Space Mountain, this would be epic! To be completely honest, Dinosaur! to me is the single most underrated ride on property, so I feel like a clone to Paris with the EMV technology would be a great addition. Nice changes!

Daveeeeed

Replacing Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, here comes "Adventures through Time", bringing a new family friendly, non-IP based ride to Discoveryland. This ride begins in the laboratory of Dr. Morrow, from the old attraction, Timekeeper, as an animatronic form of him awaits us in a pre-show to tell us of a journey through time we will embark on. Guests then board metal clad omnimover carts akin to those of Spaceship Earth, as guests venture through time portals, and into the past, through scenes in the age of Vikings, and ancient Egypt, before returning to the present. Here, we see the time travel machine break, as we are launched into a future at Alpha Centauri and Mesa Verde, similar to that of Horizons. Overall, this new attraction will bring new life to Discoveryland.

For Halloween, the medival England scene will become haunted, and for Cristmas, wreaths will be strung.
Nice job turning Buzz into something akin to the land! Although the buzz there is about equal to the ones stateside, it really should go for something that doesn't bash the land's theme. I like the slow-moving time travel idea like Spaceship Earth. I feel like DLP really would benefit from this type of attraction, and this coming from someone who rode SM:M2 like half a dozen times in 1 day. Spaceship Earth is definitely one of my must do's at the World, and I can guarantee you that "Adventures through Time" would be on most people's lists in Paris. Nice job combining different attractions and making them fresh and new with a different theme.

Daveeeeed

Le gardien de l'histoire​

The Story Keeper
54887909-368-k199343.jpg

Replacing the bland and uninspiring Autopia in Discoveryland, comes the new E - ticket attraction, The Story Keeper; a journey into the oft-neglected world of literature, which like the rest of Discoveryland, will focus on European authors and thinkers.

Guests will enter into an unassuming, old bookstore, where it looks like no one has been there for a while, but just through the "employees only" door, guests will meet the Story Keeper, (who at first appears as an eccentric bookseller, but who transforms into several other people as he guides guests through each different genre in a quest to discover great literature).

The Story Keeper will give a short exposition on his love of stories, while books seem to slide out of shelves to fly into his hands (this will give guests an idea of the stories they will experience) as he explains, "Just one drop of ink on a page, and discover the power of that words can yield."

After boarding their vehicles, guests will through the great stories if Moby D'ick (where a giant whaling vessel that towers over guests is attacked by an enormous white whale before being besieged by the pirates from Treasure Island) and then it's into the smoke filled streets of London to visit Baker Street and Sherlock Holmes, and finally into the the fantasy world of Gulliver's Travels before disembarking.

The gift shop, Bookmarks, will not only sell the many different books experienced on the ride, but also the Kingdom Keepers series as well as writing books and prompts to inspire guests to put their own ink to paper and discover their own love of a good story.

As a seasonal overlay, a fourth scene will become available and will be situated on a turn table to allow the the scene to change from Halloween to Christmas more easily.

For Halloween journey into the horror of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as well as the slow decay of Dorian Gray, but for Chritmas, guests will be treated to scenes from Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol.
I'll be succinct with you here, and you don't need to placate me. Stunning work!:) I really loved what you did here, and if you know me, I love original concepts, and I feel you did this very well! Discoveryland is dedicated to the dreamers of the past, primarily Jules Verne, so by using books there really couldn't be something better to do with this. My one critique is that it doesn't seem to be tied to the rest of the land in terms of the outside, but perhaps you ran out of sentences as you crammed it in already:) Like the nod to the Kingdom Keepers, planning on finishing the most recent book on our drive to WDW.:D Overall just a great job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom