I'm appalled! No hue and cry about a price being increased?

DisneyCane

In all honesty, $120 is probably pennies to someone who could afford such a service even at the old price.
I hate when people say stuff like this. There are plenty of people that can afford to spend a few thousand dollars but that aren't billionaires.

While I personally wouldn't spend $450 or more an hour on a tour like this, I technically could "afford" to if I prioritized it in my budget over other vacations/entertainment/dining. However, $120 is far from "pennies" in my income and savings.

Everybody that splurges on something like this isn't a celebrity or multimillionaire. I personally would rather spend my entertainment dollar on things that I find much more value in but I don't begrudge someone that feels differently.

Benjamin_Nicholas

I hate when people say stuff like this. There are plenty of people that can afford to spend a few thousand dollars but that aren't billionaires.

While I personally wouldn't spend $450 or more an hour on a tour like this, I technically could "afford" to if I prioritized it in my budget over other vacations/entertainment/dining. However, $120 is far from "pennies" in my income and savings.

Everybody that splurges on something like this isn't a celebrity or multimillionaire. I personally would rather spend my entertainment dollar on things that I find much more value in but I don't begrudge someone that feels differently.

But if it's the truth, it's the truth.

There are many who visit Disney that don't use the word 'budget' in their daily lives. Their splurge is different from other people's splurges.

Sure, some people save all year to do Disney VIP, while some do it on a whim. If you can pay it, you can have it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why would you begrudge an employee from taking a tip for good service?

I'm sure you've never broken a rule, right?

To be clear: we have not established that plaids are still excluded from gratuities. I can tell you without a doubt they were in the past (work experience...I’m not parsing)

I have broken many rules...

But accepting tips in WDW? No...never that one. Ample opportunity though

LittleBuford

I wasn’t judging and I wasn’t begrudging. I don’t think it’s especially farfetched to say that the large majority of those benefitting from this service—always a luxury, always super expensive—aren’t going to suffer from the price increase.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah, so you're playing the Saint card. Gotcha.

Honestly, if you weren't grasping at straws with this thread in the beginning, you're certainly doing it now.
I’m not playing the saint card. If they collect gratuities I don’t see the problem in that except for “policy” - which I don’t give much care too.

I don’t grasp at anything, Bub...I just present some personal experience and use that and whatever is available to hypothesize and then discuss. It’s a discussion board. That’s how it is supposed to go.

At the beginning of the thread...my point is this is a pure profit increase - not a “necessary” increase that can be explained away as a “necessity” on Disney’s part. That is still the case.

Now...lunch and recess are over...time for 5th period to start. Hope you enjoyed the fish sticks

MAGICFLOP

The majority of people posting on this forum have never used the VIP tours, nor do they plan on doing so. So an increase in price doesn't really concern them.
Correct, lets face it, the people in here are not Disney's target.. they don't want people who know to go to the counter for free water.. they want the people to ask the CM where they can buy a bottle..

The Mom

Premium Member
Correct, lets face it, the people in here are not Disney's target.. they don't want people who know to go to the counter for free water.. they want the people to ask the CM where they can buy a bottle..

I might be their target, but they keep missing. ;)

Chadisa

So we just got back from our trip two weeks ago and we did VIP at HS as well as VIP at Universal. I tipped both times and both were happily accepted. These were our first VIP trips and I can say there were nice aspects and “eh” aspects.
For example our Universal VIP ate lunch with us which I hated because it was weird but at Universal you go through the back at ALL rides so no lines. At HS only TOT and RnR allowed back entrance, everything else was FP lines. For the amount I paid I didn’t really feel all that “special” at HS but did at Universal (which pains me because I hate Universal).
All in all, if I was to do it again I wouldn’t care about the price increase but I would be more apt to stay club level and pay for more FP.

Touchdown

So we just got back from our trip two weeks ago and we did VIP at HS as well as VIP at Universal. I tipped both times and both were happily accepted. These were our first VIP trips and I can say there were nice aspects and “eh” aspects.
For example our Universal VIP ate lunch with us which I hated because it was weird but at Universal you go through the back at ALL rides so no lines. At HS only TOT and RnR allowed back entrance, everything else was FP lines. For the amount I paid I didn’t really feel all that “special” at HS but did at Universal (which pains me because I hate Universal).
All in all, if I was to do it again I wouldn’t care about the price increase but I would be more apt to stay club level and pay for more FP.

did you get any special access to Rise? Read on another board that someone claimed VIPs don’t need boarding groups now, is it true?

Chadisa

did you get any special access to Rise? Read on another board that someone claimed VIPs don’t need boarding groups now, is it true?
Nope. That was actually the reason why I booked VIP for HS and once I found out that Rise wasn’t available for VIP I couldn’t tell my wife and kids we weren’t doing VIP lol so we just did it anyway. We did get to do Smugglers Run twice but we had to wait an hour in between rides.

TrainsOfDisney

Nope. That was actually the reason why I booked VIP for HS and once I found out that Rise wasn’t available for VIP I couldn’t tell my wife and kids we weren’t doing VIP lol so we just did it anyway. We did get to do Smugglers Run twice but we had to wait an hour in between rides.

For what it’s worth I had a similar situation at Universal when the Gringotts Bank coaster had just opened. The guide, who was awesome and gave us a guided tour of the hogwarts castle, couldn’t do anything for the bank coaster.

Did you get to do Rise on your own?

Chadisa

For what it’s worth I had a similar situation at Universal when the Gringotts Bank coaster had just opened. The guide, who was awesome and gave us a guided tour of the hogwarts castle, couldn’t do anything for the bank coaster.

Did you get to do Rise on your own?
Yes and I forgot to mention the VIP DID help us get a better BG. We had BG 113 or something crazy like that and it was clear there was no way we were getting on that day. We came out of MFSR with her telling us we were now BG 40. We ended up getting on around 4 pm that day.

Disone

Are you a Disney employee? I never said all hourly positions started at the same wage. Disney's pay starts at $12 an hour. I know what employees make at Disney.
Not sure why that is even a question. Your statement Cast members are either hourly or management was overly simplified and not accurate. So I elaborated on the different buckets an employee of the Walt Disney World Resort could fall into.

And correct , you didn't say they all start at $12 an hour, and I didn't mean to imply you did. Sorry, I can see where perhaps I can intentionally implied you did say that. I meant to specify they did not all start at $12 an hour because I thought that would be interesting information. At that point I wasn't counteracting anything you said was just sharing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom