I'm appalled! No hue and cry about a price being increased?

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The peak season price for VIP tours was raised $150 an hour. Now the price range depending on the time of year will range from $450 to $750 an hour with the same 7-hour minimum.

Disone

The people giving those tours still make $12.00 an hour...and they still require you to buy a $125 ticket to get in for the “tour”...

...if you want some perspective 😉
This is false. While there are plenty of cast members at Walt Disney World that start at $12 an hour, the people doing the VIP tours are not on that labor grade and do in fact start at any rate that is higher than this.

They are guest relations host which is an office and Technical roll not an hourly role.

That said, I do get your point but at VIP tour guide within guest relations Is not going to be out of starting the starting wage because they're not going to be a novice. I guest relations those has to work their way up to that. The guest relations house at the window, maybe the guest relations host host in a VIP tour, definitely not.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

This is false. While there are plenty of cast members at Walt Disney World that start at $12 an hour, the people doing the VIP tours are not on that labor grade and do in fact start at any rate that is higher than this.

They are guest relations host which is an office and Technical roll not an hourly role.

According to Glassdoor they get paid $12-$15 an hour. What’s your source?

Disone

According to Glassdoor they get paid $12-$15 an hour. What’s your source?
I updated my post to clarify. But it's a good question. I'll try to explain. It's based off of my experience. Basically a VIP tour guide within guest relations is not going to be a starting guest relations cast member.

I've worked for a long time at the company. I was a little surprised to read that on Glassdoor. I supposed if casting actually hired guest relations "off the street" that would possibly be there starting rate. But honestly, that really does not happen very often. Typically a guest relations host is not an inexperienced cast member. Is a cast member that is transferred in from another department that has prior experience with the company and is no longer at that starting role. It is a promotional opportunity which means that cast member also transfers from hourly something called office and Technical. Because it is promotional they are getting an automatic pay raise just for transferring to guest relations. And finally the guest relations cast that is also a VIP tour guide is not the guest relations host that just started in guest relations yesterday. They have some time in guest relations.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

That said, I do get your point but at VIP tour guide within guest relations Is not going to be out of starting the starting wage because they're not going to be a novice. I guest relations those has to work their way up to that. The guest relations house at the window, maybe the guest relations host host in a VIP tour, definitely not.
Let’s see...

O&T used to start out about 30% higher than front line yellow carders...

But their top out was actually lower...

So we’re more Likely in the $17 or so range...up to low 20’s?

I mean...I heard...saw it on a blog or something once 🤪

Or I once knew a guy who managed those types...

Or something

Small difference...but a difference nonetheless.

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
In all honesty, $120 is probably pennies to someone who could afford such a service even at the old price.

My point is that for some the daily and annual pass price increases are not an issue either. No wailing, gnashing of teeth, rending of garments and endless posts of "I'll never".

mgf

I am really curious about the "value" offered by the VIP guides? Can anyone speak to a little about what they do? They get some line hopping privileges, but what else?

I was down during probowl weekend and saw lots of guided groups -- including several just stuck in lines like the rest of us.

Jon81uk

I am really curious about the "value" offered by the VIP guides? Can anyone speak to a little about what they do? They get some line hopping privileges, but what else?

I was down during probowl weekend and saw lots of guided groups -- including several just stuck in lines like the rest of us.
Main benefit of the VIP guide is unlimited rides via the FastPass queue, they can also arrange transport via backstage if you want quick park-hopping too without using the front gate.

But some of the groups you see in the park might be the standard tours (such as Keys to the Kingdom etc).

Touchdown

I’ll give my review soon, but basically my parents are coming for two days. Originally the goal was to do a day at Epcot (their favorite park) and MK but then Star Wars happened and my father is a huge fan and wanted to see it, trying to do all 3 parks, plus 3 full service restaurants I knew was a recipe for disaster.

I was also desperate to avoid Rise opening chaos and when I booked I thought I was going to avoid that with a VIP guide, but even with me stuck doing the lottery from hell the VIP guide would allow us to ride the major MK rides, TSL, MF:SR, Mickey, and get my parents on FoP ( which I know they will love.). I also know that since we are spending most of a day at Epcot, we will not have to do all 4 parks on the tour. I have the income to splurge on this, and I want my parents to have as stress free experience as possible and even with my considerable theme park skill knew I couldn’t deliver what they wanted by myself; that’s why I’m doing it.

If this was a normal week long trip or if as originally planned we would have stuck to 2 parks, I never would have done it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
$12/hr for the plaids... No, that's not true.

Not even close, especially when you factor in what they get in tips, which is considerable.

So that job is gratuity based now? Good for them. Can you tell me the “gratuity range”...especially those that are multilingual and serve a lot of Europeans?

I’m just curious how that even changes the fundamental argument? If people want to pay for this...I have no problem with that. Though the pricing is still egregious...by any measure.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’ll give my review soon, but basically my parents are coming for two days. Originally the goal was to do a day at Epcot (their favorite park) and MK but then Star Wars happened and my father is a huge fan and wanted to see it, trying to do all 3 parks, plus 3 full service restaurants I knew was a recipe for disaster.

I was also desperate to avoid Rise opening chaos and when I booked I thought I was going to avoid that with a VIP guide, but even with me stuck doing the lottery from hell the VIP guide would allow us to ride the major MK rides, TSL, MF:SR, Mickey, and get my parents on FoP ( which I know they will love.). I also know that since we are spending most of a day at Epcot, we will not have to do all 4 parks on the tour. I have the income to splurge on this, and I want my parents to have as stress free experience as possible and even with my considerable theme park skill knew I couldn’t deliver what they wanted by myself; that’s why I’m doing it.

If this was a normal week long trip or if as originally planned we would have stuck to 2 parks, I never would have done it.
Well, if (a) WDW had had them back then and (b) your folks could have afforded it, I'm sure they would have done the same for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom