I'm appalled! No hue and cry about a price being increased?

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Isn't this thread actually complaining that nobody was complaining about price increases?

We have to keep the FUD on message. Certainly, in certain members' minds, it's not entertainment, it's just a method to magically separate themselves from money.

1582120757981.png
=
1582120990009.png
=
1582121021984.png
=
1582121065974.png

They want to pay a certain price to experience a certain thing which may or may not still exist. When that price or version of a thing doesn't exist, they agitate. It's still a market economy so these unmet needs present a potential market for someone to present a good or replacement good for profit.

This is how we get new gates like the one Universal is constructing up I-4. I hazard that they won't offer free admission.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney world employees are paid hourly unless they are in management rolls, hiring, HR, etc. Disney pay starts at $12 an hour this also includes hosts, vip tour guide, etc. My source is because I've worked with Disney.

And are guest relations hosts frequently referred to as “the plaids“? Lol

Disone

Disney world employees are paid hourly unless they are in management rolls, hiring, HR, etc. Disney pay starts at $12 an hour this also includes hosts, vip tour guide, etc. My source is because I've worked with Disney.
This is an inaccurate statement. There are far more roles than 1) hourly or 2) management / salaried.
A VIP tour guide is in a role called office and Technical. There is also the Culinary field. There is a great degree of pay difference between hourly, office and Technical, culinary, and salaried. Also not all hourly positions start at the same hourly wage. Some do start at $12 and hour some start higher.

It is simply not a case of either being hourly or salaried. And it's certainly not the case at all hourly positions start at the same rate.

Eamethyst

This is an inaccurate statement. There are far more roles than 1) hourly or 2) management / salaried.
A VIP tour guide is in a role called office and Technical. There is also the Culinary field. There is a great degree of pay difference between hourly, office and Technical, culinary, and salaried. Also not all hourly positions start at the same hourly wage. Some do start at $12 and hour some start higher.

It is simply not a case of either being hourly or salaried. And it's certainly not the case at all hourly positions start at the same rate.

Are you a Disney employee? I never said all hourly positions started at the same wage. Disney's pay starts at $12 an hour. I know what employees make at Disney.

MrMcDuck

People who use private VIP tours are either well off enough to not really care about that kind of increase or they are diehard Disney fans who will get together with other such fans and split the cost (you can have up to 10 people in your party for each plaid you secure) in which case it's not really a big deal either.

Regarding tipping and pay for the guides, plaids will accept tips. Even way back when Disney told WDW VIP private guides not to accept tips, most plaids ignored that and still accepted them. Of course, like anywhere, some people don't tip, but many do (as it's what you should do if you aren't a word I can't use on this forum), so don't feel too bad for those cast members. They're making decent bread for what they are doing.

Last edited:

Lilofan

People who use private VIP tours are either well off enough to not really care about that kind of increase or they are diehard Disney fans who will get together with other such fans and split the cost (you can have up to 10 people in your party for each plaid you secure) in which case it's not really a big deal either.

Regarding tipping and pay for the guides, plaids will accept tips. Even way back when Disney told WDW VIP private guides not to accept tips, most plaids ignored that and still accepted them. Of course, like anywhere, some people don't tip, but many do (as it's what you should do if you aren't a word I can't use on this forum), so don't feel too bad for those cast members. They're making decent bread for what they are doing.
Looks like some cast follow policies and some just do not.

willf

I used to work in GR, and had many friends who also worked as VIP guides (DSA, or Disney Special Activities, is the department), and they do take tips. Sometimes very considerable ones.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I used to work in GR, and had many friends who also worked as VIP guides (DSA, or Disney Special Activities, is the department), and they do take tips. Sometimes very considerable ones.
But are they supposed to? And does that provide assurances?

I think you know the answers to this questions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They told me it was allowed, and I trust my friends. I understand this doesn’t constitute proof, of course.
I hear you...assume it’s an “unofficial policy”...

Anyway, this has gone sideways and into the forest. My original point wasn’t to discuss wdw labor...it was up point out that Disney is reaping over $ 1000 a day more in pure profit from this. It’s not overhead and it doesn’t trickle down. Good for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom