Ignored Disney movies?

WorldKey

Well I tend to agree with you. Keep in mind there have been tons of Disney Movies. Mary Poppins and Old Yeller are nowhere to be seen either. But if we are talking about animated features I agree about Bambi. I have always said that with good writers and a good storyline it would still make a great dark ride.

Mary Poppins (and Alice [in Wonderland]) were out doing meet and greet 2 days in a row at UK in World Showcase in September. But you are right - first time I remember seeing them in recent years.....

MKCP 1985

Mary Poppins has a major scene in the Great Movie Ride in addition to being a character with whom you may share a meal at the Grand Floridian or meet at the Great Britain pavilion at Epcot.

Alice has her own ride in the Magic Kingdom. :)

WorldKey

Mary Poppins has a major scene in the Great Movie Ride in addition to being a character with whom you may share a meal at the Grand Floridian or meet at the Great Britain pavilion at Epcot.

Alice has her own ride in the Magic Kingdom. :)

Oops - didn't even think about the Tea Cups ! I think of the Mad Hatter, but it is from the movie AIW. Of course there is the AIW ride at Disneyland too.

YunaB17

I also loved both Mulan movies and even though I know she's not a "princess" she's a great role model for girls and rarely ever gets anything. I know she's at China in Epcot but I wish she could get the huge press the other princesses get.

trust me i know what you mean, Mulans been my favorite "princess" since it came out when i was little. you wouldnt believe how excited i get when ever i see any disney princess merchandise that actually includes Mulan. Unfortunatly my childhood falls into the whole '96 to '03 period of mostly ignored movies so im kinda out of luck. My first disney related memmory and the first disney animated movie i ever saw was Hunchback of Notre Dame which is completly ignored. its kinda like yeah thanks disney for almost completly ignoring my childhood.

PurpleDragon

What you guys are forgetting is for the classic animated movies those characters had a presence in the parks for many years but as new movies came out some older characters had to be retired to make room. I remember as a kid waiting in line for meet and greets with most of the cast from Robin hood, Baloo and King Louie from Jungle book, Thumper from Bambi, Bernard from Rescuers, Brer Fox and Brer Bear from Song of the South, etc...

Many of these characters had some representation in the park when they were fresh and new and people could easily recognized them. But if you were to bring out any of the characters from say.....Oliver and Company now, people would be going "Who is that?"

Its all about what is going to be most well received by the general public.

EDIT: Isn't Mulan now considered one of the Princesses? She is part of the Princess character breakfast cast.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ignored Disney Movies (and for a good reason):

• The Black Hole
  • Snow Dogs
  • Atlantis:The Lost Empire
  • Anything with "II" after the name (except Toy Story)

trust me i know what you mean, Mulans been my favorite "princess" since it came out when i was little. you wouldnt believe how excited i get when ever i see any disney princess merchandise that actually includes Mulan. Unfortunatly my childhood falls into the whole '96 to '03 period of mostly ignored movies so im kinda out of luck. My first disney related memmory and the first disney animated movie i ever saw was Hunchback of Notre Dame which is completly ignored. its kinda like yeah thanks disney for almost completly ignoring my childhood.
There used to be a terrific show at DHS for Hunchback.

I wish it was still there.

Unless it's just a foggy memory and it wasn't actually that good. Was it popular? Why was it caned?

Mouse Man

Honestly the Black Hole was a very good movie. How could you not love when Max-a-million was taken down by a Droid/robot 2/3's less his size. Totaly enjoyed it.

A few movies that I thought were ignored:

1) Ickabod Crane (Legend of Sleepy Hollow)
2) Atlantis
3) Johnny Tremain and the sons of Liberty
4) The apple Dumpling Gang
5) That Darn Cat
6) The Ugly Dacshund
7) Parent Trap
8) The gy DA

NYwdwfan

Honestly the Black Hole was a very good movie. How could you not love when Max-a-million was taken down by a Droid/robot 2/3's less his size. Totaly enjoyed it.

A few movies that I thought were ignored:

1) Ickabod Crane (Legend of Sleepy Hollow)
2) Atlantis
3) Johnny Tremain and the sons of Liberty
4) The apple Dumpling Gang
5) That Darn Cat
6) The Ugly Dacshund
7) Parent Trap
8) The gy DA

There's a QS location called Sleepy Hollow - on the edge of Liberty Square near the walkway to the castle. Excellent funnel cakes.

Mouse Man

That's what I love about this sight. So many people with a lot of great information and facts. Thanks for the Ickabod Crane and funnel Cakes. It made me stop and think, that yes we had funnel cakes in that spot but never remembered or payed attention to the name.

NYwdwfan

That's what I love about this sight. So many people with a lot of great information and facts. Thanks for the Ickabod Crane and funnel Cakes. It made me stop and think, that yes we had funnel cakes in that spot but never remembered or payed attention to the name.

I have been dreaming about them for weeks (literally - I am completely pathetic). 31 more days and I am grabbing me one first thing in MK!!!

Crockett

Banned
I've enjoyed going back & reading these, and cannot agree more about films like Mary Poppins and The Jungle Book.

The Jungle Book poses a great attraction opportunity in Adventureland, or DAK. Sure, DAK had the stage show years ago ("Journey Into Jungle Book"), but the film deserves much better (imo). I'm talking, E or D ticket dark ride fashion.

The same can be said for Mary Poppins which, while it doesn't have as many ride opportunities per-say, still is deserving of some sort of individual attraction due to the film's popularity & significance in Disney's history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom