Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

AEfx

so a new SW land is just an excuse to build a new value hotel is how i read this.

While I can't say I believe it, I did just pee a little at the thought.

I take back my words in the other Spirited thread - Disney, this is how you get me to come back and stay on property. Even if it's "themed" like Pop (just a bunch of big statues) - I'd be all over that so quickly I'd be asking if I could get a monthly rate...and if they DVC it? I'd have a lot of eBaying to do (and a less cluttered house, to boot)!

Mawg

its a little different when the CEO talks about it and not theme park message boards
Yeah, but he never said there would be any rides or a new land. He said a larger presence in the parks. That could be a parade or fireworks, meet and greets. We are all taking what others are saying and going with it. But, again, who the hell cares, I'm pretty excited.

twebber55

Yeah, but he never said there would be any rides or a new land. He said a larger presence in the parks. That could be a parade or fireworks, meet and greets. We are all taking what others are saying and going with it. But, again, who the hell cares, I'm pretty excited.
haha I agree
you re absolutely right

jdmdisney99

Now the bad news.

That 1.5 billion dollar budget includes up to possibly 5k value hotel rooms for a SW themed value hotel.

Muppets and Streets will be sacrificed in the expansion.

Last and worst of all.

Iger is going to get the fanboi's pumped and excited but nothing will get started until after he leaves.

A Princess Leia stickybun dessert?

That's all I have.
Calling BS on that one. I think it would be very unlikely they move Southwest into SoA and the Muppets. Utilizing parts of Echo Lake and backstage sets a superb framework that shouldn't be passed up. Besides, the entrance to the Star Tours building is in the Northeast, so it would be far easier to expand that way.

wdwfan4ver

Now the bad news.

That 1.5 billion dollar budget includes up to possibly 5k value hotel rooms for a SW themed value hotel.

Muppets and Streets will be sacrificed in the expansion.

Last and worst of all.

Iger is going to get the fanboi's pumped and excited but nothing will get started until after he leaves.

A Princess Leia stickybun dessert?

That's all I have.
I have a lot of problems with your information on Star Wars. Your information sounds false for multiple reasons.

1.) No one from Lights, Motor, Action! was notified that the show is closing unlike the cast members from American Idol Experience. I am saying that because no insider on this message mentioned stunt people getting notified that Lights, Motor, Action! is closing.

2.) Disney already confirmed earlier in the year that American Idol Experience is going to close. That means American Idol Experience buildings is going to be empty like the Sounds Dangerous building is for most of the year. The two buildings I mentioned are close enough to Star Wars: The Adventure continues for a Star Wars Land.

3.) There is no either insider that mentioned about Street of America going away for Star Wars Land this year.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The word is Disney won't accept anything but that movie being ready by its release date. A very strict deadline is in fact in place. I believe I heard somewhere JJ had requested more time but was not given it (that can be totally untrue though).

Someone on the investor call actually asked Iger about a certain cast member's injury (trying to avoid spoilers), and how it would effect the release date. He was very clear that the movie would open Dec 18, 2015.

Ranch Dressing

I want to believe Ranch Dressing and wdw71fan, but color me skeptical for the time being.

As I am skeptical myself. All I'm doing is posting things I have heard from a trusted source, I have repeatedly posted to take the things I write with a grain of salt. I cannot verify anything, I just choose to write what I have heard without insulting readers here by teasing or being cryptic. If what I'm posting turns out to be true great, I have a good source, if not this is a rumors page.
I have a lot of problems with your information on Star Wars. Your information sounds false for multiple reasons.

1.) No one from Lights, Motor, Action! was notified that the show is closing unlike the cast members from American Idol Experience. I am saying that because no insider on this message mentioned stunt people getting notified that Lights, Motor, Action! is closing.

2.) Disney already confirmed earlier in the year that American Idol Experience is going to close. That means American Idol Experience buildings is going to be empty like the Sounds Dangerous building is for most of the year. The two buildings I mentioned are close enough to Star Wars: The Adventure continues for a Star Wars Land.

3.) There is no either insider that mentioned about Street of America going away for Star Wars Land this year.
Where did I say the stuff i posted was happening this year?

PrincessNelly_NJ

I want to believe Ranch Dressing and wdw71fan, but color me skeptical for the time being.
Yeah me too. I knew the name sounded familiar, then I remembered they had been called out in the Spirited 7th thread for incorrect info by a few well known insiders here. So I'm very skeptical! But at least this time he admitted they wasn't even sure.

wdwfan4ver

Where did I say the stuff i posted was happening this year?[/QUOTE]
you didn't, but I meant no other insider from this forum this year mentioned about Street of America going away for Star Wars Land in the future. The only people before you mentioning about Star Wars Land going to Streets of America are fans of Disney and didn't have inside information.

The other thing is this the time period that cast Members and employees of attractions get notices that the attraction they are working or performing at closes in 2015. That meant Lights, Motor, Action! stunt people and cast members can be told that they are not need for 2015 right now and that isn't the case.

Cast members were told that American Idol Experience was going to close in Early in 2015 and they were told this in June before Disney decided to change the closing date and that backs up my statement of this being the time of the year for Cast members, employees getting noticed that their attraction could be closing next year. Proof of the original Date of AIE closing : http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...dol-experience-set-to-close-in-early-2015.htm

wdwfan4ver

I haven't been around as much lately. Did I miss the part where ranch dressing became a trusted insider?

Cause the things he is saying sound made up. But a lot of people seem to be playing along. So let me know if he has an established track record I'm not aware of.
No, he isn't a trusted insider. The theme park information he mentioned was mentioned by no other insider on this forum.

PhotoDave219

Pretty sure the Soon-to-be-Former-American-Idol theatre will be a tad more Frozen. Arrendale, not Hoth.

I am not expecting the theatre to remain vacant long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom