Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

bhg469

..Words cannot express how much I hate star wars... and how much I hate the amount of people that love star wars.

.............Same goes for Avatar.

1.) Hate is a strong word
2.) Being in the minority isn't always cool ie Hipsters
3.) No one likes avatar except Iger

Settle down, it is the biggest IP that disney will touch, they will probably screw it up but the lore behind it can be every bit as in depth as the Potter franchise.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
1.) Hate is a strong word
2.) Being in the minority isn't always cool ie Hipsters
3.) No one likes avatar except Iger

Settle down, it is the biggest IP that disney will touch, they will probably screw it up but the lore behind it can be every bit as in depth as the Potter franchise.
Do you see us saying how we hate people who hate Star Wars? People can have different likes and dislikes. You don't hate people for liking something you don't.

Not trying to be a "hipster." I just have a strong hatred to Star Wars.

Also.. I didn't say I don't like people who like Star Wars. I said I hate the AMOUNT of people that like star wars. Meaning, enough to make it a crowd pleaser.

I hate the series. I think they're boring. I can have my opinion. I hate star wars. I've never enjoyed it within the park. I was fine with the one ride. I can't stand to think about a series of attractions. I'll probably visit them once, but I guess it's good. Shorter wait times on better things to do for me.

There's people on these forums that hate stitch's show, dinoland USA, ect. I believe I can give my opinion on my hatred for Star Wars. :p

edit- Guess you can call me a hipster if you want to. It's not my fault I don't like series that many others find entertaining. I just find it incredibly boring. I'm sorry you disagree with the minority hipster teen over here. o-o

Last edited:

twebber55

Not trying to be a "hipster." I just have a strong hatred to Star Wars.

Also.. I didn't say I don't like people who like Star Wars. I said I hate the AMOUNT of people that like star wars. Meaning, enough to make it a crowd pleaser.

I hate the series. I think they're boring. I can have my opinion. I hate star wars. I've never enjoyed it within the park. I was fine with the one ride. I can't stand to think about a series of attractions. I'll probably visit them once, but I guess it's good. Shorter wait times on better things to do for me.

There's people on these forums that hate stitch's show, dinoland USA, ect. I believe I can give my opinion on my hatred for Star Wars. :p

edit- Guess you can call me a hipster if you want to. It's not my fault I don't like series that many others find entertaining. I just find it incredibly boring. I'm sorry you disagree with the minority hipster teen over here. o-o
nothing wrong with disliking star wars or any IP for that matter...I ve said this before its better to be a do it right guy than an IP guy

bhg469

nothing wrong with disliking star wars or any IP for that matter...I ve said this before its better to be a do it right guy than an IP guy
Exactly! I don't know squat about the potter IP other than the 3 movies I've seen but what they've done is nothing short of breathtaking. Match what they've done with an equally engrossing IP and you will be entertained. There is more to the world than luke Leia and storm troopers.

xstech25

VERY happy that they would consider Toowntown as a possible Star Wars land instead of Tomorrowland! Toowntown is neat in its own respect, but Tomorrowland is a classic Disneyland experience (that while it could certainly use some upgrades, shouldn't have a huge part of it themed to one franchise). This also allows for more space for a full immersive experience and not a subland. The only problem is that Star Tours is in Tomorrowland (though this wouldn't be unprecendented: afterall Magic Mountain has a DC Comics themed land but the Superman and Green Lantern coasters are located in other areas of the park).

Also it opens up the conversation for a new Mickey meet & greet on Main Street similar to the one at Magic Kingdom. Higher capacity, better technology, having the main character right at the front of the park. All of it seems to make sense to me.

Last edited:

SirLink

Also, Star Wars shouldn't be in Tomorrowland anyway, since it takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

So? Stitch/Monsters Inc/Finding Nemo/Buzz/Marvel don't fit thematically in Tomorrowland. Technically I would rather have a pure Sci Fi film like Star Wars in Tomorrowland if P&R are being told only to develop attractions for per-existing IP then I would rather they ditch Nemo/Monsters/Stich/Buzz from that land ...

Launchpad McQuack

So? Stitch/Monsters Inc/Finding Nemo/Buzz/Marvel don't fit thematically in Tomorrowland. Technically I would rather have a pure Sci Fi film like Star Wars in Tomorrowland if P&R are being told only to develop attractions for per-existing IP then I would rather they ditch Nemo/Monsters/Stich/Buzz from that land ...

I was really just joking there. I would take it in Tomorrowland, but I would MUCH prefer expansion in DHS.

Disneyhead'71

This is pretty..............much NOT gonna happen.

6c80c657be42cadbe86659ebb591b68c.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom