Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

Mike730

Now the bad news.

That 1.5 billion dollar budget includes up to possibly 5k value hotel rooms for a SW themed value hotel.

Muppets and Streets will be sacrificed in the expansion.

Last and worst of all.

Iger is going to get the fanboi's pumped and excited but nothing will get started until after he leaves.

A Princess Leia stickybun dessert?

That's all I have.

Where are the hotel rooms going?

Does this mean plans for expanded Pixar are not coming? And this project includes only SW?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Which shows some guts or is it stupidity by Iger. Missing a date set with such conviction on a call could hit the bottom line later on.

The word is Disney won't accept anything but that movie being ready by its release date. A very strict deadline is in fact in place. I believe I heard somewhere JJ had requested more time but was not given it (that can be totally untrue though).

twebber55

Now the bad news.

That 1.5 billion dollar budget includes up to possibly 5k value hotel rooms for a SW themed value hotel.

Muppets and Streets will be sacrificed in the expansion.

Last and worst of all.

Iger is going to get the fanboi's pumped and excited but nothing will get started until after he leaves.

A Princess Leia stickybun dessert?

That's all I have.
kind of figured muppets would get the ax... that area of the park needs a renaissance

Mike730

kind of figured muppets would get the ax... that area of the park needs a renaissance
To be fair, most of the park needs a renaissance.
I grabbed an ice cream and headed over there while all the kiddies are waiting for the frozen fireworks. Its quite nice when its quiet and all you hear is splash of the the fountain.

Kamikaze

The word is Disney won't accept anything but that movie being ready by its release date. A very strict deadline is in fact in place. I believe I heard somewhere JJ had requested more time but was not given it (that can be totally untrue though).

He said in an interview that he would have preferred the movie to be released in May like every other Star Wars movie.

Unplugged

Definitely a possibility. The Carousel of Progress could make room for a newer ride there.

Tomorrowland Speedway could easily be replaced. Large piece of land that doesn't fit the theme at all. CoP is a classic dating back to the World Fair, I would hate to see it go with out plans of putting it somewhere.

<Using my best Patrick Warburton voice> People, people, take it easy. This seems so easy. Fix up the Carousel of Progress by retheming it to Star Wars. Follow Luke through the ages, the dog becomes R2, the grandma and grandpa Leia & Luke. They'd have 7 movies to align with. Kills 2 birds and a droid with 1 stone, or lightsaber, all at the same time. Who's with me, high five. Come on, don't leave me hangin'!

Voxel

President of Progress City
<Using my best Patrick Warburton voice> People, people, take it easy. This seems so easy. Fix up the Carousel of Progress by retheming it to Star Wars. Follow Luke through the ages, the dog becomes R2, the grandma and grandpa Leia & Luke. They'd have 7 movies to align with. Kills 2 birds and a droid with 1 stone, or lightsaber, all at the same time. Who's with me, high five. Come on, don't leave me hangin'!
SHHHHHHHH, don't say such things or Disney might use it. I am still afraid they they are gonna top the Epcot ball with the sorcerers hat because someone had the crazy idea of photoshoping the two together.

Cesar R M

"For Walt Disney Co., a franchise reboot can mean additions to their already enormous and infamous theme parks. CEO Bob Iger assured investors recently thatStar Wars would be getting a bigger presence at Disney parks as fans anxiously await the release of Episode VII.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the company is in the early stages of developing ideas and designs for the sacred franchise, which Iger likened to Harry Potter for Universal and Cars."

Looks like this is going to be a huge land. Iger is comparing it to Cars land and Harry Potter at Universal.
I think this is going to be worth the wait!
Hopefully ( due of the size of the star wars fandom..) it wont be downsized or value engineered.

Mawg

Do you remember when we were all talking about Carsland coming to DHS? We were all pretty excited and everyone was pretty confident it would happen. But, who the hell cares. I'm pretty excited.

twebber55

Do you remember when we were all talking about Carsland coming to DHS? We were all pretty excited and everyone was pretty confident it would happen. But, who the hell cares. I'm pretty excited.
its a little different when the CEO talks about it and not theme park message boards

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom