Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

Mawg

If anyone on this forum realistically expects anything Star Wars to be at Disney's Hollywood Studios before the 2019/2020 timeframe, you're clearly not paying attention to the recent company history.

That would be like expecting Disney to get a Panda for Animal Kingdom. (That rumor sailed a long time ago)

Oh, I definitely think that they will make additions before 2019. Sometime around the time of the first movie release they will add a meet and greet and maybe a sing-a-long with JarJar.

lebeau

Just a thought, but when did folks start believing everything a bottle of salad dressing told them?

I prefer a lite basil vinegar based dressing myself.

When the bottle of cheap dressing started telling everyone what they wanted to hear.

A condiment told me they were building a Star Wars themed value hotel so it must be true! That kind of talk will get you a padded cell in some parts of the world.

tl77

When the bottle of cheap dressing started telling everyone what they wanted to hear.

A condiment told me they were building a Star Wars themed value hotel so it must be true! That kind of talk will get you a padded cell in some parts of the world.

I think it's a lot more likely that they would build another value hotel before building any actual rides

Rodan75

You have to think that Frozen probably has impacted the calculus for moving on Star Wars earlier. I could see them moving sooner to maximize the summer after Ep VII. But I guess we will know early next year if they are serious about moving quickly they would need to start clearing land by Jan.

Cesar R M

I just rolled my eyes at his posts. Sounded almost too perfect and exactly what people would want to hear. Plus I doubt a real insider would put out that much info at this point and risk their sources.
his post reeked as trolling for me. Sort of "lets give these poor guys some supposed good news, then ill blast them". Cruel maybe? yeah!

Was it the salt? I knew he was a traitor!

Ignohippo

If anyone on this forum realistically expects anything Star Wars to be at Disney's Hollywood Studios before the 2019/2020 timeframe, you're clearly not paying attention to the recent company history.

That would be like expecting Disney to get a Panda for Animal Kingdom. (That rumor sailed a long time ago)

My thoughts exactly Dave. They won't want any big expeditures while the bulk of Pandora is on the books either.

Star Wars will simply fall in line with the every two - three year expansion timetable they seem to be on. And after Star Wars (and maybe some kind of Frozen thing), I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the major expansions end there for quite a while. Maybe a little bit of love thrown EPCOTs way, but that's about it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

You mean the cantina restaurant replacing the pizza joint??? - yeah about 3 years is right unless it includes some DVC units...

PrincessNelly_NJ

Pfft! If you think they won't throw together a Star Wars parade filled with recycled floats to increase the Star Wars presence in the parks, you are wrong!

I can see it now.... Vader and some stormtroopers on that horrid castle float from "celebrate a dream come true."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom