Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

PhotoDave219

Pfft! If you think they won't throw together a Star Wars parade filled with recycled floats to increase the Star Wars presence in the parks, you are wrong!

I can see it now.... Vader and some stormtroopers on that horrid castle float from "celebrate a dream come true."

...... Do NOT give them ideas.

And that float dates back way farther than that.

Mawg

Pfft! If you think they won't throw together a Star Wars parade filled with recycled floats to increase the Star Wars presence in the parks, you are wrong!

I can see it now.... Vader and some stormtroopers on that horrid castle float from "celebrate a dream come true."

Yes, I too fear they will pull off a quick Frozen like summer with StarWars around the time of the first movie.

I personally would like to see a sizable land devoted to Star Wars and not completed all at once. A large portion at first but I would like to see constant and consistent development over the next ten years as the story develops with the new movies.

PhotoDave219

Cannot someone accidentally drive a forklift through that float backstage? Didn't we get all sorts of horror stories of damage to the old Spectromagic floats prior to their coordinated removal?

Lots of stories… But very little substance. Lots of hyperbole. I have eyewitness accounts that contradicts a lot of what was speculated.

PhotoDave219

Like everything else with TDO it always comes to money. How about just think about the guest huh?

Well. There are 1.7 Billion outstanding shares of Disney stock. I figure if you can somehow get 900M shares (at $89 a share), you can convince them to think about the guest.

On another note? How the hell are there 1.7 BILLION shares of stock outstanding?

Mike S

Well. There are 1.7 Billion outstanding shares of Disney stock. I figure if you can somehow get 900M shares (at $89 a share), you can convince them to think about the guest.

On another note? How the hell are there 1.7 BILLION shares of stock outstanding?
I've got 50 shares. What would that get me?

bhg469

So I heard some fun movie info today... a good friend of mine works in a camera house. He was privy to to the whole plot of the next movie and whoa!! JJ is definitely the best possible person to handle the story. I am beyond excited.

Last edited:

DisneyGentleman

You have to think that Frozen probably has impacted the calculus for moving on Star Wars earlier. I could see them moving sooner to maximize the summer after Ep VII. But I guess we will know early next year if they are serious about moving quickly they would need to start clearing land by Jan.

I have to wonder though, since GOTG has done so well as a "modern" version of Star Wars, if TWDC isn't rethinking the whole calculus of a Star Wars Land. What if the new Marvel hit ends up succeeding while the sequel to granddad's old version of SW flops? Could happen...

We've seen it before. --cough-- Jar Jar -- cough --

bhg469

I have to wonder though, since GOTG has done so well as a "modern" version of Star Wars, if TWDC isn't rethinking the whole calculus of a Star Wars Land. What if the new Marvel hit ends up succeeding while the sequel to granddad's old version of SW flops? Could happen...

From what I heard tonight, they are going out of their way to re capture the feel of episode 4,5, and 6.

The story line is very unexpected and I think it's pretty creative. It should make for a great movie.

Gomer

A large number of people may not be fond of the prequels, but they are no flops. To the contrary, they are still some of the most successful movies of all time, and sadly there are a large number of people who were young when those came out who prefer the prequels and think that they ARE Star Wars, not those "dated old fashioned original movies with the 70's haircuts". (For clarity, most definitely not my opinion, just a sentiment I've hear from those under 25 more often than I would like)

Point being, if Jar Jar can lead to one of the most successful films of all time, then SW is about as flop proof as they come.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I think pretty much any studio would be happy with a "flop" that grossed over $1 billion world wide. ;) They would have to do something epically bad with the new movies to cause them to not be huge money makers. It is a proven franchise that not only made big numbers at the box office but after 40+ years is still at the top of the list in merchandise revenue.

RSoxNo1

A large number of people may not be fond of the prequels, but they are no flops. To the contrary, they are still some of the most successful movies of all time, and sadly there are a large number of people who were young when those came out who prefer the prequels and think that they ARE Star Wars, not those "dated old fashioned original movies with the 70's haircuts". (For clarity, most definitely not my opinion, just a sentiment I've hear from those under 25 more often than I would like)

Point being, if Jar Jar can lead to one of the most successful films of all time, then SW is about as flop proof as they come.
I think Revenge of the Sith gets lumped in with the crappiness of the prequels even though it doesn't deserve it. Revenge of the Sith is definitely a solid movie, but Attack of the Clones is awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom