Iger and Chapek Livid With Lucasfilm

Darkprime

I do think Feige will eventually take over Lucasfilm while still having a hand in the MCU but not necessarily Marvel Studios as a whole like he is currently. I do find it interesting he had the title of chief creative officer added to his resume last year. Could be a way for him to still be in charge of the MCU when he eventually jumps over to Lucasfilm without still being president of the co.

asianway

It’s funny...in my unending insomnia/boredom...I was analyzing Feige v Kennedy...

Feige is 46...Kennedy is 66

Feige has ousted bosses/partners to pursue creative directions...Kennedy has spent a career taking orders..

What does Lucasfilm need?
Strong new direction with attitude...or deference to Bob, George, Steven, and Harrison?

Just food for thought.
Feige is worse than KK. He did a decent job adapting some of Marvels biggest event stories but phase 4 sounds awful. Star Wars is done, let’s be happy for what we had

Darkprime

Feige is worse than KK. He did a decent job adapting some of Marvels biggest event stories but phase 4 sounds awful. Star Wars is done, let’s be happy for what we had

Thats like your opinion. Thor Love and Thunder, Spider-Man 3, Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness sound awesome. Why do you think it sounds awful? Because theirs no X-men / F4 or Avengers movie? If thats why then surely you know its coming. Just be patient. It makes sense to go smaller scale for a while after Endgame.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How is he awful? They produced 24 hits in 10 years?

You can’t expect comic books to be replicated exactly...that’s why they are comic books...and “phase 4” is as much according to Disney’s direction as it is MCU. There are other considerations than just the story rolling. Disney wanted to go in different directions...Disney didn’t want to pay the actors and end up with another Johnny depp.

Movies aren’t made in a creative vacuum. If they were we would have had true star wars sequels 20 years ago. Never got em. Money matters.

Kennedy drove the ship into the berg before it got into international waters.

I’m not specifically advocating Feige...but someone to fits his mold a little more than a task master who’s primary qualification is referrals.

the.dreamfinder

More insight... "somebody" revealed this new series being helmed by Harvey Weinstein's former personal assistant via Variety using little known info that read like a blurb out of a press release. So there's now two reasons there was significant consternation: 1) controversial hire without consultation and 2) faux press release blurb leaked to Variety. Everybody's hush hush now about the situation, and I won't speculate about how this came to be, but you'll notice Disney isn't touting any new Star Wars series in development. And while some may think this is ideologically driven, i think it has more to do with an attempt to force Iger's hand while simultaneously creating controversy that caused such a quick series of meetings behind the scenes.

Thank you to Mr. Penguin and an unnamed source for helping me clarify this information.
This happens all the time in Hollywood. Maybe not at lucasfilm, but talent/agents leaking meetings isn’t shocking.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This happens all the time in Hollywood. Maybe not at lucasfilm, but talent/agents leaking meetings isn’t shocking.
Like when the Hollywood reporter was told that Kennedy’s option was picked up...but not by Disney? Who have yet to speak to that still...and never will...

Hollywood has many conflicting agendas and loose lips
I have a hard time believing that the studio that rehired James Gunn has an issue over hiring Harvey Weinstein's personal assistant.
I would. More bad press isn’t the Disney playbook.
Say what you want about the fandom menace but they’ve been telling us the truth pretty much from the beginning. As things progress more and more people start realizing the truth behind the chaos called Lucasfilm/Kathleen Kennedy.
The “phandom menace” has been right much more than it has been wrong since it was unofficially founded in 1999...

If Disney park followers had had the same accuracy level - those parks would have way more stuff in them now...and there’d probably be six more 😉

WDWTank

Face it, the only real reason they wanted Fox in the first place was so they could get rid of the fact Fox had permanent rights to A New Hope.
And the rights to have X-Men, Deadpool, and The Fantastic Four into the MCU, which should be in Phase 4. Also, how could I forget Avatar, lol
They should’ve bought a portion of Fox, not the entire package.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And the rights to have X-Men, Deadpool, and The Fantastic Four into the MCU, which should be in Phase 4. Also, how could I forget Avatar, lol
They should’ve bought a portion of Fox, not the entire package.

They bought Fox mainly for the international infrastructure so that Disney's channels and streaming services could become a global powerhouse.

And speaking of streaming, the Fox library becomes a big chunk of content for Hulu and D+ (Simpsons!).

And speaking of new, original content for streaming, Fox had several movie and TV studios. The FX channel is a prominent brand now attached to Hulu. All of the content-creating studios of Fox are being tasked with creating content for D+ and Hulu.

Yes, the movies that were on Fox movie studios slate of releases when Disney bought them all bombed, but so does Disney Studios movies that aren't remakes or sequels. Disney certainly hopes to help the now 20th Century Studios to do better. Meanwhile, they kept Searchlight so that Disney can be associated with serious, award-winning films and not just family fare and cartoons.

So, Disney ain't gonna sell off 20th Century since that studio is part of the plan of new content for D+, which is Disney's top priority.

Dragonman

What’s the Fandom Menace?

A large community of Star Wars and other pop culture fans who have realized and analyzed the issues behind the bad leadership, choices, and actions of Lucasfilm, etc. and have been largely informing the public about said stuff.

Examples include: WorldClassBSers, Geeks & Gamers, Midnights Edge, ThatStarWarsGirl, ComicArtistProSecrets, Overlord DVD, Clownfish TV, etc.

Last edited:

asianway

A large community of Star Wars and other pop culture fans who have realized and analyzed the issues behind the bad leadership, choices, and actions of Lucasfilm, etc. and have been largely informing the public about said stuff.

Examples include: WorldClassBSers, Geeks & Gamers, Midnights Edge, ThatStarWarsGirl, ComicArtistProSecrets, Overlord DVD, Clownfish TV, etc.
I’m waiting for Jeremys new park blogging enterprise to bump heads with #DisTwitter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom