If you want to give kudos...

barnum42

robynchic said:
Make sure to write to Guest Services and tell them. Disney puts up all kinds of guest letters for people- and you may even help that person get some kind of notice in the newsletter!
I've emailed and filled in the cards at Guest Relations and since found out that word got to at least some of those I complemented.

I carry a notebook with me to not only jot where I am parked, but make a note of the good CM's names to pass on to Disney.

robynchic

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
I've emailed and filled in the cards at Guest Relations and since found out that word got to at least some of those I complemented.

I carry a notebook with me to not only jot where I am parked, but make a note of the good CM's names to pass on to Disney.

See? We DO get it sometimes! We won't if you just post it here, though!

robynchic

Original Poster
SpongeScott said:
but how do we know it's you? :animwink:

Most people will state the day, the location, and the cast member's name. Then a manager might seek them out to let them know.

If it's someone in the entertainment department (attendant or character), they will post it in a main entertainment department area, so everyone can read it.

barnum42

robynchic said:
Most people will state the day, the location, and the cast member's name. Then a manager might seek them out to let them know.

If it's someone in the entertainment department (attendant or character), they will post it in a main entertainment department area, so everyone can read it.
I checked with a couple of the posters on here that I knew worked in the same department to ensure my comments made it through. :D

MommytoMJM

I vote for anything that makes CM's feel good! I plan on doing so major catching up on MJ's Magical Moments as soon as I am done unpacking.

Nicole

robynchic said:
Make sure to write to Guest Services and tell them. Disney puts up all kinds of guest letters for people- and you may even help that person get some kind of notice in the newsletter!

This happened to my letter! I was in the newsletter TWICE back in October - first for my letter, and then the following week because my DH and I came back to meet the CM's that took such good care of me while he was overseas with the Army.

P-3 FE

Cast Member Appreciation

Greetings to all! As a former Magic Kingdom C/M, I found that the best way to show appreciation is to seek out a manager, give them the name of the C/M and where you had the great encounter. A card filled out at guest services is a good back up as well. Take care of the C/M and they will take care of you. A smile and a thanks go a long way!!!
P-3FE:xmas:

Could someone post the mailing address or e-mail address to Guest Relations, please? I met a lot of fun CM's this trip and wanted to give them 'kudos'. Also, I took some pics with some, and I thought about sending those along with the letter. Would you recommend that? Thanks!

Gorjus

I don't know which carries more weight, a letter to Disney or a Guest Service Fanatic card. But if you go to any guest relations and ask for a Guest Service Fanatic card, you can fill it out with the name of the cast member, date, etc and a brief description of what they are being recognized for. Cast members can give these to each other. Since I started, I've received 4 from fellow cast members and one from a guest. I've given out about 15.

MdCaterer

I wrote a few letters of praise to Lee Cockerell Executive Vice President Of Walt Disney World Operations and on our next vacation one of the CM's told me I had made him famous. Bill Fullerton from MK Tomorrowland is probably one of the most awesome CMs I have met at WDW he has a great attitude and loves what he does and it just shines through.

Mr. Cockerell is no longer Executive Vice President Of Walt Disney World Operations and I would love to know who has taken his place. I love to write letters of praise. So if anyone has this information please let me know.
Thank you

Captain Hank

The new vice president of Walt Disney World Operations is Erin Wallace. She has assumed all of Lee's previous responsibilities, including the Main Street Diary (an internal Cast publication that highlights positive guest letters about Cast Members).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom