1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

If you want to give kudos...

Discussion in 'Cast Member Appreciation' started by robynchic, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Gorjus

Gorjus Well-Known Member

Mouse Hockey, actually, from home you can go one better than a GSF card. If you write a letter or email (information needed is in this thread), not only does it go on the record card like a GSF, but the cast member gets a copy of the letter and a special pin.

WDWNooby likes this.
  2. JPatton

JPatton Active Member

Advertisement
    Excellent suggestion, robynchic. Working at Disney is harder than it looks. Take time to pass along a word of thanks or praise.

3. bigolebaldy

bigolebaldy New Member

As a former CM myself (at WDW and at a Disney Store) I can tell you that I never heard about guest cards that were positive. I did hear about letters though, and I still have one that was written and keep it as part of my portfolio.

4. POLY LOVER

POLY LOVER Well-Known Member

KUDOS TO THE PRIME TIME CAFE STAFF AND CHEF
    I can tell you how impressed I was when eating at the Prme Time Cafe. One of my party has a gluten issue. The waitress sent out the chef who explained in very impressive detail every item on the menu that she could have. He was very articulate and impressive. KUDOS

5. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

Question is, how do you identify the CM is he/she's a character or a foamhead?

6. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

If you can give a time, character name and location, Disney can typically track them down.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  7. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

good point, thanks!

8. beachlover4444

beachlover4444 Active Member

I never knew we could do that. We had a chef at Magic Kingdom come out to our table and he was fantastic. What a great experience we had with him. You could tell he loved his job. There are so many at WDW who are there because they love what they do, not for the money... And that's how I am about my job. It's sure not about the money at the hotel I work for, it's because I love people. Some dont realize how many in service industry get capped out and we go long times between raises.

Ariel4711 likes this.
  9. Squigglove

Squigglove Active Member

I wrote an email yesterday to honor a "Royal Server" in Cinderella's Castle. He was amazing! I hope he gets noticed.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  10. marissieviolissie

marissieviolissie Well-Known Member

So the little handmade thank you cards for the sweepers are probably not something that will "work" as it obviously doesn't get a managers attention. ....
    There goes one of my small "make a change" ideas down the drain ...

11. Lillies

Lillies New Member

I sent an email yesterday regarding two lovely CMs I encountered last year and received an email back today! I hope they can track them down as I was a bit blurry on details. :)

12. DE_DISNEY

DE_DISNEY New Member

We do this each year we go to Disney. We call out any Disney cast members who went above and beyond what was expected. I usually receive a call or e-mail that they will recognize these cast members. My understanding is that Disney does recognize them.