If you want a last chance

bearboysnc

AT DL:

on JC... they removed the "natives throwing spears" now they are just screaming natives.

They also removed the use of GUNS in the Hippo pool.

Lastly, they covered Trader Sam's face. He still offers shrunken heads.

On PoTC they did a major overhaul, reconfiguring several scenes, including the auction, the chase and the finale.

The Auction had dialog changes, mostly removing references to the large woman.

The chase scene was turned around to show the women attacting the men. They also took the wine bottle out of the single pirates hand, and he now hold a lace hankie or something.

In the finale scene... the pirates used to point their guns directly at you. Now they are playing target practice at things over your head.

adr315

Originally posted by jcmayid

How can you fathom the thought of an Indiana Jones ride in Fantasy land in MK? It makes absolutely no sense, the only place that kind of ride OR show fits is in MGM.

Since when is JC in Fantasyland?

dwldzm9

Originally posted by isnet396
Remember, Pan is one of the most popular attractions in fantasyland....and Disney is making NOTHING from it....compare this to horizons....they both have an overhead track system...something that obviously wasn't a good idea as they've never repeated it....and it CLOSED from a LACK of income.....

Ian,

I believe the closing of Horizons had more to do with a lack of SPONSORSHIP income than income from guests. If you will remember, it was funded by a partnership with General Electric. If you will note they also own NBC, a rather large rival of Disney's own ABC. My theory is that this is the deal (DIS buying ABC) that led to the ultimate demise of horizons...

well, that along with the fact that for such a large, expensive to run ride it didn't seem very crowded... then again, neither does spaceship earth or universe of energy, so that isn't exactly a good indicator.

fngoofy

On potc, they not only took away the single pirates bottle, they took away the girl in the barrel he is leaning against. His dialog used to say something about looking for the girl, and that if you saw her to let him know. While he was saying this she would come up from inside the barrel with a finger over her mouth as if saying shhh.....

Previous post was right on the dialog changes at the auction. It used to say something about her being "stout hearted and corn fed" made me laugh every time. It also used to say "Wench for a bride" on a big banner hanging behind the girls waiting in line for their turn at the auction.

Anyone else notice that the "fire" in the burning portion of the ride does not look as convincing as in the past? Couldn't they make it smell more like it is on fire as well?

MKCustodial

Originally posted by bearboysnc
AT DL:

on JC... they removed the "natives throwing spears" now they are just screaming natives.

They also removed the use of GUNS in the Hippo pool.

Lastly, they covered Trader Sam's face. He still offers shrunken heads.

On PoTC they did a major overhaul, reconfiguring several scenes, including the auction, the chase and the finale.

The Auction had dialog changes, mostly removing references to the large woman.

The chase scene was turned around to show the women attacting the men. They also took the wine bottle out of the single pirates hand, and he now hold a lace hankie or something.

In the finale scene... the pirates used to point their guns directly at you. Now they are playing target practice at things over your head.

Ok, so now, thanks to hypocrite parents, Disney has to go back in time and change history? Please, I thought the ride was supposed to show us real pirates, not gentlemen... :brick:

And why did they cover Trader Sam's face? What does that have to do with *shudder* PC-ness?

Grim Grinner

How about a few more rumors...

While we're all tossing out rumors into the boiling kettle, here are a couple that I've heard pertaining to these two rides. Keep in mind that I usually hear rumors from places other than Disney...

1. More than one source has indicated that Jungle Cruise may get an update with added effects to keep it modern. Animals may attack instead of natives... My sources say "Spooky effects".

2. Peter Pan may have problems with the mermaids. They've undergone various cosmetic changes over the years and may just be needing yet MORE clothing.

I'm just afraid that there will be too many changes. A few are fine- if something is truly added like the grave at HM... Then I have no problem with it. I think the exact opposite with cases of POTC which had NO real need for a change.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

goonsquads57

When we rode Pan this past December, I noticed that it was in need of a good cleaning (very dusty) and some repainting. Maybe that's all the "rumor" is referring to.

Irrawaddy Erik

well all of Fantasyland needs a "good cleaning" expecially small world and snow white .......we seem to get the least amount of cleaning work out of all the things in MK......oh well just my 2 cents....

mkcm2002

Original Poster
I'm going to ease pain: Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan are not being --taken out--. However, there is rumor that both will be given major refurbishments.

Yes, Peter Pan is in poor condition (especially the animatronics) and there have been SEVERAL complaints filed about "certain scenes" in each - you all have been very observant.

I am afraid I can't ease pain for the Tomorrowland attractions, but hopefully we can get more complaints in.

MKCustodial

Re: How about a few more rumors...

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
2. Peter Pan may have problems with the mermaids. They've undergone various cosmetic changes over the years and may just be needing yet MORE clothing.

That's really weird, because RtN has mermaids, and they look exactly the same as in the original. Which was just released as a Special Edition DVD up there in the US, and they could have "retouched" if they wanted to.

cm1988

Originally posted by njchris65
So, how do the teacups make income? The Haunted House? Are we supposed to throw money at the ride while in them?
Well, actually, change does fall out of people's pockets...

Just kidding, folks!

FutureCEO

Originally posted by adr315
Im not dissmissing this just yet...... on the LaughingPlace boards someone else said that some "classic attraction" is scheduled to close in early 2003, due to the Political Incorrectness of the attraction. I had narrowed it down to Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Even tho JC is safer than PoTC (b/c it has fastpass, whihc pirates doesnt) i rather have JC close then PoTC

Why does everyone has to be political correct. It sucks.

raven

Originally posted by mkcm2002
I joined this website to just report this in. I have been browsing for a while.

Sorry to scare anyone, but this is what we have been told of recently.

Be cautious mkcm2002. If you have signed the confidentiality agreement with the Disney Company as I have, your job could be on the line if a Lead or MOD found out. I don't want to see a CM get terminated for leaking out information that is being talked about by other CM's, official or not.

I hear of good and bad news everyday that I would love to share with other people but I can't. Even though I am a CM in Michigan, I have many other CM friends down in the parks and they keep me informed of all goings on.

All I am saying is be cautious. :lookaroun

TinkerBell9988

I don't really believe this either, sry. I believe the CoP will stay alive, even if I have to go to drastic measures!!

:fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Tramp

Originally posted by Fievel
I'm still not sure I'm buying this.....seems like rumors you can find on any disney forum out there.....

I agree....the thread started out with a 'warning' to ride certain attractions as if their demise was imminent, eventually we get an admission that major refurbishment may be forthcoming on them which we all expect, and finally we've gone full circle to the same ol COP and Timekeeper rumors...

mkcm2002....don't report for work tomorrow, YOU'RE FIRED!:lol:

SteveUK

Has anybody actually carefully read what this 'CM' is saying? If this guy is so scared for his/her job - SHUT UP! Its very simple. I may be a bit too cynical but he/she hasnt actually said anything that many of us couldn't have guessed anyway. When a 'double agent' CM has some ground-breaking news for me, I expect a bit more than a mere suggestion that at some time in the unspecified future, some old rides might be tidied up a bit!

NowInc

...uh..why would a CM be scared for his/her job by spreading a "rumor" on the internet? He/she made it quite clear that these are things being talked about in their locker rooms...so theere is no way for Disney to pin-point WHO said the rumor in the first place...

...Of course..apparently it is of no consequence that I stated above that CMs are VASTLY mis-informed (purposly) on various issues at WDW, so rumors coming from them are 95% of the time...false. And as Fievel stated above, these "rumors" are common bed-time stories told on every disney site in existance...for a long time already.

figmentmom

Let's all calm down, everyone. I LOVE Peter Pan, but I'll be the first to agree it could use a good cleaning and repainting. Doesn't sound to me like a major overhaul is in the works - just some maintenance.

Cast Members who hear things in the locker rooms and pass them on to us are just trying to keep us informed - not start a war!

I hate it when attractions get the "politically correct" makeover...it's ridiculous, and historically incorrect, anyway!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom