If you want a last chance

MKCustodial

Re: Peter Pan..the sequel?

Originally posted by Thorphin
Not even considering the validity of the original claim... let's think back through Disney's history of refurbishing rides to draw in their film interests. (I always loved how they use the term "refurbish" instead of improve!)... Just look at what they did to the Enchanted Tiki Room! Okay, so, who remembers that bomb Peter Pan 2? Did anyone actually see that? Anyone think it likely that Disney could refurbish Peter Pan and include some stupid thing from Peter Pan 2? Possible....

As far as I know, Return to Neverland did pretty good.

DisneyWorldGuru

A very good friend at WDW (a person I can trust for reliable info.) has told me that Disney has no plans to close COP, Jungle Cruise, or anyother rides. One ride sure to go soon is timekeeper. My friend told me that Disney re-opened it to see how it would do but things were not good (sorry to Robin Williams). COP and a few other rides closed temp. because did not want to spend the money to opperate a slow ride (small amount of riders) during a time when sales at WDW were low. He told me the rides will be open for the summer season and as the economy picks up again they will stay open. He said that Disney knows that it is a very good ride and would not be crazy and take it out now. He said it is one of his favorite rides and I agree. So don't worry so much, they will be open for now at least. He said if you want them to stay open show Disney you like the ride by riding it and having everyone you know who is going to WDW ride these rides. Hope this calms some worries.

Tomorrowland Ga

The end of Certain Rides

Time Keeper and Jungle Cruise are very high on Disney's list to revamp into new rides. COP is still up in the air with it's History and it being Walt's Baby. Peter Pan's flight is in no danger of being replaced. Disney first looks at ride attendance before even thinking about replacing a ride. Peter Pan Flight is on a Fast Pass system for Christ Sakes. It will not be going anywhere. Unlike Mr. Toad's Wild Ride which only 4 out of 10 people rode while there.

DisneyWorldGuru

Re: The end of Certain Rides

Originally posted by Tomorrowland Ga
Time Keeper and Jungle Cruise are very high on Disney's list to revamp into new rides. COP is still up in the air with it's History and it being Walt's Baby. Peter Pan's flight is in no danger of being replaced. Disney first looks at ride attendance before even thinking about replacing a ride. Peter Pan Flight is on a Fast Pass system for Christ Sakes. It will not be going anywhere. Unlike Mr. Toad's Wild Ride which only 4 out of 10 people rode while there.

I loved Mr. Toad and rode it times.

I don't think WDW would get rid of the Jungle Cruise. It always has a crowd of people in line for it.

Tomorrowland Ga

I loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as well. I was very sad when I found out it was gone, so sad that my next vacation was planned for Disneyland USA. I wanted to make sure my children were able to enjoy it as much as I did as a child. Before they decided to tear this one down as well.

As far as the Jungle Cruise goes, it goes through spells. Being very busy to being almost dead. I am not a personal fan of it, but for some it brings back their own set of memories.

For this I do not want to see any rides replaced. If you need to replace something then make sure you move it to another area, park, etc...

Also, I loved the original "If you had wings" sponsored by Eastern Airlines, which later was renamed Dream Flight I think. As much as I love buzz, I was sad as well to see another piece of my childhood gone forever, something I am unable to share with my own children now. The good news is, if you ride the boat ride in Mexico at Epcot. You will be surprized to see some clips from those rides. :)

Don L Duck

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
A very good friend at WDW (a person I can trust for reliable info.) has told me that Disney has no plans to close COP, Jungle Cruise, or anyother rides. One ride sure to go soon is timekeeper. My friend told me that Disney re-opened it to see how it would do but things were not good (sorry to Robin Williams). COP and a few other rides closed temp. because did not want to spend the money to opperate a slow ride (small amount of riders) during a time when sales at WDW were low. He told me the rides will be open for the summer season and as the economy picks up again they will stay open. He said that Disney knows that it is a very good ride and would not be crazy and take it out now. He said it is one of his favorite rides and I agree. So don't worry so much, they will be open for now at least. He said if you want them to stay open show Disney you like the ride by riding it and having everyone you know who is going to WDW ride these rides. Hope this calms some worries.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Horizons and WOM very popular and look what happened to them.:confused:

Tomorrowland Ga

I do not know about those rides other than I do know the Horizon building was in very bad shape and could not be saved when they were going to revamp it. So, whether that had anything to do with ending the ride sooner than not. I do not know. As far as World of Motion I really do not know. I was gone from the Disney area during the run of those attractions and have not heard anything from Disney on it.

I will ask around and post any rumors I hear on it.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Don L Duck

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Horizons and WOM very popular and look what happened to them.:confused:

I liked Horizons but never did like WOM. I know that they were popular. But when I think of the MK I think of the Jungle Cruise and COP and Main Street. I never thought of Epcot in that way. For Epcot it was all about World Showcase.

Also, I go to WDW the most during the summer when all of the rides are packed. LOL.

Cindy Rella

Originally posted by GaryT977
I still don't understand what the compaints are about the Tiki Room and the Timekeeper...

:veryconfu

For me the original tiki room was a pleasant entertaining experience I find the new version very GRATING on the nerves - listening to Iago's voice in irritating and then to have him and Zazu argue for about 20 minutes is just painful - get them out of there!!!!!!!!:brick: :mad: :hurl: :veryconfu

Love the timekeeper! kids did too - a keeper!

DisneyWorldGuru

I was mad to timekeeper hear it was gone, but when I was there it was open and I jumped at the chance to ride it one last time. I really hope all of these are still there this Aug. when I go. I would be very upset to see them gone.

BradleyJ

Originally posted by Don L Duck

They were for years, but by the time they closed you couldn't drag people onto them.

I rememebr having some friends who worked there, and they rememebr days where they would not have a single guest on the ride. And there were days they would only have a few hundred people ride it.

And this for an attraction that used to pull in several thousand people an hour.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by BradleyJ

They were for years, but by the time they closed you couldn't drag people onto them.

I rememebr having some friends who worked there, and they rememebr days where they would not have a single guest on the ride. And there were days they would only have a few hundred people ride it.

And this for an attraction that used to pull in several thousand people an hour.

Unfortunately, it's a reflection of the times we're living in. I guess that's why Figment needed to come back, people just don't use their imagination anymore. So we're gonna be stuck with lots of forgettable thrilling atractions while the great and memorable ones are torn down... :cry:

gwrf

Timekeeper

It looks pretty clear that Timekeeper is the attraction which will dissappear. I can see a very negative reaction in the press if the carosel of progress is closed.

The timekeeper is my favourite attraction of all in WDW. I first saw it in Paris - and I have been to it many times in Florida - hmmm, maybe I should check if it's still open in Europe?

RobFL

Account Suspended
I have a small complaint.

Tons of people on message boards have jumped on this "I loved Horizons!" bandwagon and go on and on about the attraction... but it's true. No one rode it. No one cared.

I really think some of you are full of bull-honkey.

That aside... Horizons was to get the boot when Test Track opened, on schedual as planned.. which didn't happen, so Horizons stayed around to take in the crowds as Test Track broke down.

The Ops at Horizons were the same ones as Test Track. It was planned this way.

Now Space is on the way. According to several designers, Epcot follows a rule... Guests may only ride a certain number of attractions each day. Those who exceed the magic number and who have poor attendance and/or no sponsorship get the boot.

So, something is planned to close next. Disney has it all planned out, and there's really not much complaining and letter writing campaignes can do about it unless people show up in the parks and force the death-sentenced attraction's numbers to exceed all predictions.

-Rob

SteveUK

Thanks, thats really helpful. An attraction is listed for closure and will be taken away unless we all ride it and exceed expectations. Except you cant tell us what it is, and all the letter writing and complaining in the world wont help. Well I'm glad you posted, we all know exactly what we have to do know.

Is there a strange smell? "Bull Honkey?"

RobFL

Account Suspended
If i told you which attraction it was, what good would it do? Would you try to inflate the numbers? What if it was saved?

What purpose would that serve? If the attraction is unused, let the space be redone. Let the money go elsewhere. Epcot was meant to be refurbished, as in reworked, constantly. It can not be kept up to date with a nagging sense of nostalgia people only have for the attractions after they're demolished.

You and your kind are merely looking for a fight. Its a safe bet that the majority of you probably couldn't even name Horizons before its demolition if asked. I bet you can't name an attraction at Epcot that you "love" which fits the criteria I mentioned.

The Magic Kingdom is there for you Nostalgia-Nazis, leave the future of Epcot alone and let it grow and change the way it was intended to.

Think of it this way, if Epcot doesn't change and gain a much better public opinion, it will cease to exist.

-Rob

General Grizz

Whoa! Hold the phone there folks - let's calm the attacks - this is pm - NOT public material! Chill...

We all love Disney for different reasons. Nothing to worry about - it's DISNEY - our lives - where we grew up. Where we learn...

We all loved EPCOT Center for several reasons - Horizons was one of them. We have a right to miss this attraction. Sure, I'm against Test Track, but I don't go out insulting those who like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom