If you want a last chance

GaryT977

I'm new here, so bear with me...

What's the problem with Timekeeper? That's been one of my favorites, but it's been closed the last couple of times I've been at WDW.

Also, what's so bad about the re-make of the Tiki Room? I don't remember what it used to be like, but I enjoyed it on my last visit.

Here's more to ponder... I find it funny when people in the same post mention how they wish they would not change or remove elements of a particular attraction... yet also indulge that they haven't seen it in several years... Basically, they have just revieled to everyone that they have lost interest in the attraction because there have been no signifigant changes since the last time they saw it. Considering we are all Disney fans and attend parks regularly, that's kinda sad. Imagine what the average guest feels when they visit with the intention to see 'just the good stuff' when everything is a great experience that must be taken in slowly and often to soak it all in. It's two fold... I wanna hear the JC Guide give me a new line so I am suprised with a new experience... yet, I still wanna hear the 'back side of water' bit.

We all want something different from the parks... Some waht it to remain the same so we can share the experinces we felt when we first saw them, perhaps as a child ourselves. It's called nostalgia and Disney thrives with it. Disney also thrives with innovation... the other side of the coin. It's for the guests that don't want to see the same thing twice. they don't really take the time to see every detail and anaylyze it like the typical Disney fan does. It is merely my opinion that they are getting feedback from younger generations that don't have anything to relate to the older attractions, certinly not as eye catching as the other entertainment sources that are available to them today.

Consider the following... compare how many times children ask their parents who is Brer Fox, Mr. Toad or Swiss family are... As compared to Pooh, Peter Pan and Tarzan. Jungle Cruise in a prime example.. While consider costly changes to add George of the Jungle or Tarzan elements to the attraction, apparently it worked for the Tiki room. Sure seems it would be more cost effective to add the Rino getting the guys at the pole scene on a cel to the next major jungle film and then the kids would make a comparison.

I'm just thinking on all sides of the box here...

wdwmanager

The rumors about Peter Pan are somewhat true from what I have seen. Peter Pan will be Closing later this year for about 8 months to a year while it is completely reworked. I have heard that there are new lighting, up dated animatronics, and new ride vechiles coming. The time frame for this all depends on the new mickey phil show.
As for the other rides..... Last month, Small world was going away, the month before that mickeys toon town fair was going to be torn down ( We Wish ), Every attraction that has been here more than 8 years is rumored to be on its way out. Just remember, no matter what you here, every attraction closes for rehab....that will never change.

:hammer: :confused: :brick:

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by wdwmanager
the month before that mickeys toon town fair was going to be torn down ( We Wish ),

Hey I would be out of a job then :rolleyes: LOL well toontown is due for a rehab it needs it really bad... if we get it anytime soon i seriously doubt that

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
is it just me, or are the new rumors getting more and more predictable, and for the most part, all reek of bull excrement?

The_CEO

I find it very hard to belive they would take out JC or POTC.. WHy?? They have lines... Peter Pan has a lonnnnnnnnng line.. If they want to change somthing change snowhite that ride is older then a fossil!!

~ Justin...

raven

The rumors about Peter Pan are somewhat true from what I have seen. Peter Pan will be Closing later this year for about 8 months to a year while it is completely reworked. I have heard that there are new lighting, up dated animatronics, and new ride vechiles coming.

Peter Pan does need better vehicles to accomodate more guests at a time. Maybe the new vehicles could have a second row. That would cut down the time in line tremedously!

Nineinchnailsmk

Consider the following... compare how many times children ask their parents who is Brer Fox, Mr. Toad or Swiss family are... As compared to Pooh, Peter Pan and Tarzan. Jungle Cruise in a prime example.. While consider costly changes to add George of the Jungle or Tarzan elements to the attraction, apparently it worked for the Tiki room. Sure seems it would be more cost effective to add the Rino getting the guys at the pole scene on a cel to the next major jungle film and then the kids would make a comparison.

i would have to agree, i personally had no idea who the heck brier rabbit was until i went on splash mountain. im 22, unfortunatly i never went on mr toads wild ride, i did however go on the swiss family robinson treehouse and kinda enjoyed. it was one of those "ill go on it once" rides (havent been on it since 1990) i hear its tarzan's tree house now....does pooh use the same track/ride structure different scenery as mister toad?

as for the tiki birds, i would like to see the new one, the only version i have seen is on the DVD for Disneyland.

Well, what can you do. disney will do as they please. pp could use a few adjustments (as said before) and personally i think they could update the whole jungle cruise. ->are those the ORIGINAL animatronics? As for pirates....man, bring back the original with the wenches and the fat ladys and the shooting at the crowd and the whole smell of fire! (they had that right?) heck, why not eliminate the drop sequence to make the "motion sick" people happy:zipit:

Im one for change where it is needed, not because it needs to be pc. i think change should come in the form of new paint jobs, etc. etc. etc. not making a pirate say "girlie" instead of "wench" heck, wernt women known as "wenches" then

MKCustodial

The rumors about Peter Pan are somewhat true from what I have seen. Peter Pan will be Closing later this year for about 8 months to a year while it is completely reworked. I have heard that there are new lighting, up dated animatronics, and new ride vechiles coming. The time frame for this all depends on the new mickey phil show.
As for the other rides..... Last month, Small world was going away, the month before that mickeys toon town fair was going to be torn down ( We Wish ), Every attraction that has been here more than 8 years is rumored to be on its way out. Just remember, no matter what you here, every attraction closes for rehab....that will never change.

If this really happens, I hope it's soon. I don't wanna see it closed in January. :D

And why do you wish to see Toontown Fair torn down?? :confused:

Bimmy56

Peter Pan always struck me as being potentially dangerous, as a small child could easily fall out , especially if a parent allows the child to stand up in the vehicle. We've all seen parents ignore common sense safety issues in the park. It seems like a number of years ago a baby died on PP when it fell out. If an adult is stupid enough to climb out of a Splash Mountain log at the top, I'm surprised that more kids have not been hurt on rides.

ToTBellHop

well, there's a simple solution to parental ignorance and stupidity. It seems asinine to me, but they could install seatbelts that do not unlock till guests return to the station. What they could do is build cars that seat four, install these w/ lab belts, and make it so the ships are not continually sailing through the station...have them stop, let guests in, check their seat belts, and send them on their way. This would probably keep the hourly capacity rather constant. Also, Swiss Family Treehouse is still Swiss Family Treehouse in the Magic Kingdom...Disneyland switched theirs to Tarzan, however.

wdwmanager

Originally posted by MKCustodial

If this really happens, I hope it's soon. I don't wanna see it closed in January. :D

And why do you wish to see Toontown Fair torn down?? :confused:

The only reason I wish that they would take it out is that they dont take care of it, and it remindes me of what Disney was never supposed to be........ I will give you one Guess (Hint: something new at DAK, and DCA). Any Ideas?

A CARNIVAL!!!!!!

You know, the one thing that walt never liked, is what Disney is becoming. At this rate, they will start touring the country in the next 10 years. But I am NOT BITTER ABOUT IT!!!!!!! at least not like some people I have read in other areas.

cymbaldiva

Now, Now -

Most of the rides could really use a good cleaning...and IMHO it would be cheaper for Disney to maintain the favorites instead of throwing up new rides.

Just a thought...

Lady Tinkerbell

Yes, you're right. They DO need a good cleaning. As impractical as it may sound, why don't they just upgrade the rides as they are now? Can't you redo PP with the same things going on and keep it the same ride with all new animatronics and things more techologically modern? Granted, those rides ARE old, but DON'T go changing them totally. I mean, look at JIYI! I won't even go there... :rolleyes:

wdwmanager

Originally posted by Lady Tinkerbell
Yes, you're right. They DO need a good cleaning. As impractical as it may sound, why don't they just upgrade the rides as they are now? Can't you redo PP with the same things going on and keep it the same ride with all new animatronics and things more techologically modern? Granted, those rides ARE old, but DON'T go changing them totally. I mean, look at JIYI! I won't even go there... :rolleyes:

Modernizing, and upgrading the technology doesnt mean that we will lose the charm of the ride. The ride will be the same, just More realistic with the animatronics, and scenery.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Dwarful

Do you reallly think they would scrap PP after going to all the trouble of making a second movie and getting a whole new group of kids into it? Just curious!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Dwarful
Do you reallly think they would scrap PP after going to all the trouble of making a second movie and getting a whole new group of kids into it? Just curious!

Hope not! It doesn't have the same impact, or following, I suppose. :D

Thorphin

Peter Pan..the sequel?

Not even considering the validity of the original claim... let's think back through Disney's history of refurbishing rides to draw in their film interests. (I always loved how they use the term "refurbish" instead of improve!)... Just look at what they did to the Enchanted Tiki Room! Okay, so, who remembers that bomb Peter Pan 2? Did anyone actually see that? Anyone think it likely that Disney could refurbish Peter Pan and include some stupid thing from Peter Pan 2? Possible....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom