If you love Everest, don't open this thread

mickster

Original Poster
I do feel that this forum is very one sided. I stated that i did not like the fact that two major attractions are down at the same time and I am still getting bashed in that forum about it.

I do feel that these forums must start accepting the fact that there are people who actually think that some of the things disney does is wrong and that people might have opinions that differ from the disney lovers on these boards.

A lot of people bash anybody who says anything bad about their beloved disney and thats why topics like this are appearing.

Disney will not get any better if people are not allowed to say negative things about it.

Trust me disney employees that are higher ups do read forums like these .

Very well said!! :sohappy: I think there's an assumption made that criticizing Disney (or even just one single overhyped attraction) equates somehow to "hating" Disney or being "anti-Disney". I can only speak for myself, but I've always loved Disney and have been a huge fan my entire life. Disappointment in a handful of recent attractions doesn't change that. But the standards Disney has set for me do make me disappointed in some of the things they've done lately. I think being critical in this way is a good thing. It's not about being a perfectionist or being "impossible to please". It's just saying, "Hey Disney, we love you but you let us down this time."

mickster

Original Poster
Bah. At least it's better than Stitch's Great Mis... er, Escape...:lookaroun

Stitch was never "overrated" though. You don't tend to see lot's of postings talking about how "amazing" Stitch is, or ones that say it is the "best Disney attraction ever". Quite the opposite actually. That's why I, and others, consider Everest to be overhyped.

Having said that, I agree that Everest is better than Stitch...but that's not saying much.

DisneyChik17

Stitch was never "overrated" though. You don't tend to see lot's of postings talking about how "amazing" Stitch is, or ones that say it is the "best Disney attraction ever". Quite the opposite actually. That's why I, and others, consider Everest to be overhyped.

Having said that, I agree that Everest is better than Stitch...but that's not saying much.

I think that on this board, Stich is not overrated. Once you get to the parks, TWDC is pushing Stich EVERYWHERE. He is even taking the place of Mickey in some things (such as voice overs...monorail). I think they need a strong departure from Stich and remember that it was all started with a mouse.

mickster

Original Poster
I think that on this board, Stich is not overrated. Once you get to the parks, TWDC is pushing Stich EVERYWHERE. He is even taking the place of Mickey in some things (such as voice overs...monorail). I think they need a strong departure from Stich and remember that it was all started with a mouse.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah good point!

Astronaut Jones

I agree with that, and have actually had that thought before that it's awful to substitute something that's foundational to all of Disney with something that Disney knows is sub-par. I wish they'd stop trying to sell it and focus on the good that Disney has done which is virtually everything outside of Stitch.

Astronaut Jones

As for Everest... I don't want to sound insatiable, I just felt like it had a lot more potential than what is displayed in the final result. I thought the ride was well made, the Yeti was awesome and the queue was really immersive, yet I thought it could have been enhanced greatly by a stronger narrative aspect. The aesthetics are already there, the physical thrills are there, I just wanted to be more involved in the story.

justducky78

I thought Everest was fun, the theming was great but the coaster itself was overrated. I expected it to be much faster and scarier, but it was actually pretty tame (to me). My husband felt the same way. Before I rode it, I read all of the posts and reviews of the attraction on here, so I guess I was just expecting a lot more. The build up and anticipation was so strong, but it was a bit of a let-down. So, I guess this board is partly to blame, for getting me so pumped up, that no attraction could live up to such high praises! :lol: :lol:

mickster

Original Poster
I said it once before and I will say it again:

Everest is better that no Everest! :wave:

What a strong sales pitch for it!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I agree with you in the the sense that Everest has transformed the landscape of DAK in a very beautiful way. The mountain is quite impressive to look at, and is perhaps the best use of forced perspective that I have ever seen. Unfortunately, it's the attraction itself that is such a tremendous disappointment. It certainly does not live up to how cool the mountain itself looks.

mickster

Original Poster
I thought Everest was fun, the theming was great but the coaster itself was overrated. I expected it to be much faster and scarier, but it was actually pretty tame (to me). My husband felt the same way. Before I rode it, I read all of the posts and reviews of the attraction on here, so I guess I was just expecting a lot more. The build up and anticipation was so strong, but it was a bit of a let-down. So, I guess this board is partly to blame, for getting me so pumped up, that no attraction could live up to such high praises! :lol: :lol:

That's actually one reason why I think it's good to have discussions about what's not so great sometimes. Unfortunately, that usually leads to attacks by people who don't want to hear it. So they start arguments which they later blame on the person who was just being honest.

EpcotServo

Actully, things have changed. Yea, he was everywhere back when SGE opened, but now you don't see him nearly as much.

I think there's an assumption made that criticizing Disney (or even just one single overhyped attraction) equates somehow to "hating" Disney or being "anti-Disney".

See why people aren't feeling sorry for your argument? It's like saying "I think that we who don't like it should get to discuss how clearly awful it is and how downright bad it has been PROVEN by factual-facts to be. I think it's fair to talk about how bad it clearly IS. Some people feel that this horrible thing is bad." You can't just say "Let's have a fair discussion on this horrible ride."

Just because you say it's overhyped, dosen't mean it's overhyped. All that means is that you got really get hyped about Everest before you saw it. I suggest you just not listen to hype from now on. That would just fix everything now, would it not?

JML42691

...See why people aren't feeling sorry for your argument? It's like saying "I think that we who don't like it should get to discuss how clearly awful it is and how downright bad it has been PROVEN by factual-facts to be. I think it's fair to talk about how bad it clearly IS. Some people feel that this horrible thing is bad." You can't just say "Let's have a fair discussion on this horrible ride."

Just because you say it's overhyped, dosen't mean it's overhyped. All that means is that you got really get hyped about Everest before you saw it. I suggest you just not listen to hype from now on. That would just fix everything now, would it not?
Good point. It is only his opinion and he cares about it so much that he had to create a 2nd thread about it (only in disguise:lookaroun ).

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
I'll start out by acknowledging that I realize I'm in the minority on this one. And I'm sincerely not trying to start a disruptive thread. Just curious to read some alternative viewpoints about this (IMHO) grossly overrated attraction. I think it's been made obvious that about 99.9999% of the people who post on these boards think that Everest is "amazing" and essentially flawless in every regard.

But what do the rest of you think?

I don't think that it's overrated, but it COULD be a bit more thrillier, if that makes any sense.....The second time around is always less thrilling as the first time, I don't know if I just made any sense.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom