If you hate the hat at DHS, now is the time to say something.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sorry but i have read his posts and when you verbally attack someone, even though it is not me, an apoligy is not enough, after talking with someone else i found out that another member was banned for doing the same thing he did yet why is one allowed to stay? That is my point. I am not attacking anyone yet YOU ARE ATTACKING ME.

Really? After talking with someone else?

And if you consider this attacking, you may want to think about thicker skin. Or putting me on your "Ignore" list (which I recommened to you before).

Or you can try having me banned as well....

HMF

wow post 111 on the site above sounds like it came from an imagineer,marketing or management at TDO
quote Rodney on September 14th
"I don’t understand all the controversary about the Hat.
I am at DHS to have a magical experience and where Mickey’s Hat is or isn’t shouldn’t be a major issue for me. At the entrance would be fine; in the middle of the Animation Courtyard would be fine; where it is would be fine. It is just a great visual that helps me remember the magic and fun of Mickey Mouse and all the Disney cartoons. For me, doing a better job drawing Mickey in his hat is of far more interest than where Disney decides to place it."
That's the sappiest thing I ever read.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Why move it outside? See you people opposed to the hat very rarely ever give valid reasons why it should not be there.

First of all, what's valid? Because it doesn't match your own opinions, the reasoning (or logic as you like to toss about) isn't valid?

Since you asked, I'll tell you. I would rather (in my opinion) see this walking up Hollywood Boulevard:

chinese_theatre_01_buiter.jpg

than this:

hat_100_years_of_magic_02.jpg

(thanks to MousePlanet for the old photos).

PixarfortheWin

First of all, what's valid? Because it doesn't match your own opinions, the reasoning (or logic as you like to toss about) isn't valid?

Since you asked, I'll tell you. I would rather (in my opinion) see this walking up Hollywood Boulevard:

chinese_theatre_01_buiter.jpg

than this:

hat_100_years_of_magic_02.jpg

(thanks to MousePlanet for the old photos).

Anything is valid, just saying move it or i hate it is not really valid. See you gave me a valid reason, i do not agree with it but it is valid.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Why move it outside? See you people opposed to the hat very rarely ever give valid reasons why it should not be there.

I think my brain just died. I've been reading this thread from the day it first was posted, even occasionally contributed. I'm pretty sure, somewhere in this 20+ page thread, there are MANY very well thought out, well articulated, and well meaning responses on every side of this issue.

I can summarize if you would like, or you can dig through the massive thread to get the first hand wording.

Those that like the hat where it is like it for some of the reasons you had mentioned. It's a specific icon for the park, based on a Disney classic. Some wrongly think it's up there for legal reasons, which has been pointed out does not seem the case.

Those that like the hat but want it moved agree that it is beautiful and an icon for the park, but that it blocks what was once a main focal point for the park, and destroys the initial intent of the theme of the park. For a park that was supposed to be based on "The Hollywood that never was and always will be" (Forgive if I misquoted, but it's close), the hat breaks up that theme in a fairly unforgivable way. It removes a lot of the "theme" from the theme park.

Those that hate the hat follow the second group's logic, but either dont care if it gets moved anywhere, or would just like to see it go and bring back the focal point of the incredibly detailed replica of Graumann's theatre.

I'm sure I missed a few people's reasons, but this seems to be the 3 camps that this thread breaks down into, not taking into account the various noise of people yelling at other people for unrelated issues.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I am not WondersofLife.....so sad that if someone does not agree with your delusion they must be a past enemy in disguise........

The more you post the more it seems you have the intelligence of a 12 year old.....just saying.

past enemy? and i consider that last part a compliment. :p

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Anything is valid, just saying move it or i hate it is not really valid. See you gave me a valid reason, i do not agree with it but it is valid.

And therein lies the issue: anyone's opinion is valid, at the very least to themselves, if not others. Your approal or disapproval is irrelevant; it's their opinion. Calling them illogical or anything else is simply being argumentative.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
He made a comment about one person, for which he apologized. And by the way, that person was NOT you...

Every time i come on WDWmagic i search on the discussion board WondersOfLife to see if anyone replyed to me. I never changed my account, my name, or e-mail. That person is not me. :wave:

-P.S., I don't even like the character tinker bell.. :hammer:-

_Scar

I'll flat out say it: Pixarforthewin, your opinion on the hat issue is wrong.

Kidding! But now you see how rude it sounds :p

Didn't TDO/WDI acknowledge disomfort with the hat months/years ago at some conference? Why didn't they act on it?

PixarfortheWin

I'll flat out say it: Pixarforthewin, your opinion on the hat issue is wrong.

Kidding! But now you see how rude it sounds :p

Didn't TDO/WDI acknowledge disomfort with the hat months/years ago at some conference? Why didn't they act on it?

I must be having a brain fart but what does TDO stand for again?

Mansion Butler

That's the sappiest thing I ever read.
The weirdest thing to me is that where it is literally is apparently not important to him. Do you think he's unaware of the impact carefully crafted themed design has on him or he honestly does not care?

Hey, the last two pages problem is gone!

jt04

Jt promises he's reported the both of us.....:shrug: :ROFLOL:

Oh, and by the way, love the hat, just move it to the outside of the park gates......

Um, no. Mr Nakasak is a great contributer but don't tell him I said so or he will end up reevaluating his entire life.

:lol:

As for the hat, there is a possibility it can't be disaasembled without ruining it. So a move may not be possible. Just a guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom