If you hate the hat at DHS, now is the time to say something.

PuertoRekinSam

The theater is a registered trademark (and not Disney's)

If they take the hat down, not only would there be the cost of removing it.... there would be the lost revenue of not being able to sell Photopass images from Hollywood Blvd.

Mansion Butler

I guess we'll just keep saying this until people stop saying that: it is not. Architecture prior to Dec. 1, 1990 cannot be copyrighted. The Chinese Theater was built prior to that. It is not a trademark.

I'm really not sure how putting an obstruction in from from some but not all views would make that okay if it was, anyway. Which it isn't.

PDF on U.S. Copyright Law, Architecture and You. One day, this myth will die. Right?

Tom

Beta Return

If they take the hat down, not only would there be the cost of removing it.... there would be the lost revenue of not being able to sell Photopass images from Hollywood Blvd.

:lol:

I guess we'll just keep saying this until people stop saying that: it is not. Architecture prior to Dec. 1, 1990 cannot be copyrighted. The Chinese Theater was built prior to that. It is not a trademark.

I'm really not sure how putting an obstruction in from from some but not all views would make that okay if it was, anyway. Which it isn't.

PDF on U.S. Copyright Law, Architecture and You. One day, this myth will die. Right?

Ugh. I hope so.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
it's another park icon with the mickey hand... :lol:

i dont like it.

i would like it somewhere else for a new gift shop icon or something, but not in the main entrance's sight..

Mansion Butler

Sears Tower, now the Willis Tower is a copyrighted building and it was built before 1990....the myth wont die because it has not been proven a myth.....got to love the internet.....home of websites that say the craziests things....for every website that says that it is a myth there is also a website that says that Disney was a Nazi so i guess Disney is a Nazi now.....
1) That's not just some website saying the "craziests" things. It's the website of the U.S. Copyright office.

2) Show me where the Sears Tower is copyrighted.

3) You sure do seem a lot like Disneydevil. . .

PixarfortheWin

1) That's not just some website saying the "craziests" things. It's the website of the U.S. Copyright office.

2) Show me where the Sears Tower is copyrighted.

3) You sure do seem a lot like Disneydevil. . .

Im just saying, stating a website as a fact is not valid...siting the US Copyright Office is not valid either because there are loopholes.

Here is the thing...is it a myth? Most likely yes, but it seems weird that Disney themselves have never come out and said that it is...you would think they would.

Mansion Butler

Im just saying, stating a website as a fact is not valid...
As opposed to an appeal to authority by saying you're a cast member.

siting the US Copyright Office is not valid either because there are loopholes.
Citing.

Show me the loopholes then.

Here is the thing...is it a myth? Most likely yes, but it seems weird that Disney themselves have never come out and said that it is...you would think they would.
No I wouldn't. That doesn't describe the company I've worked for 4+ years at all. :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Are you going to call me a 12 year old girl and then complain about others not following the rules? Just be happy that i have not found a way to get you banned because you deserve it.

If you don't like what he has to say, put him on your "Ignore" list. But enough with the "I'm going to get you banned" posts in all of these threads.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Are you going to call me a 12 year old girl and then complain about others not following the rules? Just be happy that i have not found a way to get you banned because you deserve it.

Good you keep looking. You keep fighting your good fight and I'll fight mine. But enough of this badgering me.

And perhaps you are a 12 year old girl. :shrug:

MiklCraw4d

Funniest thing is that some people think their whiny comments and general over dramatics in that Disney Blog post will change anything. More than likely the person reading/moderating the comments is having a laugh over them, instead of passing them along to higher ups. Might as well yell at a brick wall, it'll have the same effect.

I doubt anyone at TWDC is losing any sleep over it, and obviously whoever is in charge of moderating their message boards has no ability whatsoever to change anything, nor do they probably care. But since it only takes about 30 seconds max to type out a short response, I'd rather have some people on there pointing out that the theater looked better without the hat than just a bunch of fans lapping everything up and begging for more pins to buy.

If every thread on their blog was filled with people saying that the Hat was a magical piece of super-awesomeness, it could possibly make things more difficult for someone at WDI who's trying to get rid of it. But if the narrative shifts to "no one likes the Hat", even if it doesn't send the boardroom into a panic it might still help tip the scales one day.

Besides, it's just a short comment on a blog thread. Why not voice your opinion?

Scooter

When people stop going to Disney's Hollywood Studios because they hate where the Hat is, then, and only then they will consider taking it down or moving it. I don't think that's going to happen though.
I despise the leave a legacy monoliths, but it doesn't stop me, or anyone else from going to EPCOT. I just look at them with disgust and walk around them.

Tom

Beta Return
When people stop going to Disney's Hollywood Studios because they hate where the Hat is, then, and only then they will consider taking it down or moving it. I don't think that's going to happen though.
I despise the leave a legacy monoliths, but it doesn't stop me, or anyone else from going to EPCOT. I just look at them with disgust and walk around them.

Good point. Nobody is intentionally NOT going to DHS because of the hat. I still go and I hate the LOCATION of the hat - not the hat itself. It would look great out front.

Evil Genius

The Hat itself doesn't bother me.

It's location is bothersome.

The fact it's a shop is irritating.

But other than that it makes for some great photo opportunities and it looks great at night.

trr1

wow post 111 on the site above sounds like it came from an imagineer,marketing or management at TDO
quote Rodney on September 14th
"I don’t understand all the controversary about the Hat.
I am at DHS to have a magical experience and where Mickey’s Hat is or isn’t shouldn’t be a major issue for me. At the entrance would be fine; in the middle of the Animation Courtyard would be fine; where it is would be fine. It is just a great visual that helps me remember the magic and fun of Mickey Mouse and all the Disney cartoons. For me, doing a better job drawing Mickey in his hat is of far more interest than where Disney decides to place it."

imagineer boy

wow post 111 on the site above sounds like it came from an imagineer,marketing or management at TDO
quote Rodney on September 14th
"I don’t understand all the controversary about the Hat.
I am at DHS to have a magical experience and where Mickey’s Hat is or isn’t shouldn’t be a major issue for me. At the entrance would be fine; in the middle of the Animation Courtyard would be fine; where it is would be fine. It is just a great visual that helps me remember the magic and fun of Mickey Mouse and all the Disney cartoons. For me, doing a better job drawing Mickey in his hat is of far more interest than where Disney decides to place it."

OH brother. I think I'm going to start farting rainbows. :lol:

Oh hai WondersofLife under a new screen name. :wave:

Slowjack

But they took the wand down, and people were still going to Epcot. There are probably few things at any park that, by themselves, that would keep people away, and yet unpopular things do get changed sometimes. Maybe they don't change because they are unpopular, but they change nonetheless. I don't think we necessarily have to wait for the Studios to be empty with guests outside the gates with "Move the Hat!" signs before the hat is moved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom