If you didn't go to Disney

Britt

Original Poster
What would you be spending the money on? We all know a trip to the World or Land isn't cheap.

We're talking about our trip this year and we're going back and forth on whether we want to spend the money for 1 week of bliss or the other things we could spend the money on, instead of a week at Disney. Things like hardwood floors throughout the house.....hahaha!

So if you did NOT go to Disney, where would that money go, do you think?

Last year we went to WDW. This year we'll be taking a road trip :confused: to Iowa :bored: with the two little ones... Yeah.. that'll be more fun than Disney......:depressed:

To the people who say to me(in a whining voice) "Why do you keep going back to Disney. Why don't you try something new?"
That's what I'm afraid of, trying something new that won't stack up to the fun and memories my family has at Disneyworld. I'll get to Yellowstone and Smithsonian Museums someday!

Disneyhead'71

To the people who say to me(in a whining voice) "Why do you keep going back to Disney. Why don't you try something new?"
That's what I'm afraid of, trying something new that won't stack up to the fun and memories my family has at Disneyworld. I'll get to Yellowstone and Smithsonian Museums someday!
Why bother? It's obviously of little interest to you. Enjoy you 47th $5,000 trip to the greater Orlando Metro area.

AndyS2992

Why bother? It's obviously of little interest to you. Enjoy you 47th $5,000 trip to the greater Orlando Metro area.

I agree somewhat but instead of going back to Disney for like the 10th time, people should really take the time to explore the World and culture them self. Disney isn't going anywhere. Instead enjoying a fake world tour in World Showcase, you can actually travel the real world and see what its actually like. You only have one life and so should make the most of it. You might love it, you might not, that's the fun of trying new things. You learn from experience but you wont know until you try.

Not worded very well but I'm sure you'll get the point lol

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

We are you being such a hater? Who honestly cares if they go to Orlando for every trip?

Personally, I've been to Yosemite and the Grand Canyon and once is enough. If you take 3-4 trips per year, Disney isn't a bad option if you like it (which I assume we all do since we post on a fan forum).

Bottom line, let people do what they want. It's not like you're some world traveler if you go to a touristy places like you mentioned anyway...lose the attitude. We are all friends here.

HM Spectre

Who cares how people have fun? While it might be your preference to go to places other than Disney every once in a while (it's mine too just so you know where I'm coming from), why should someone be berated if they really enjoy it there? Not everyone is built the same.

While it's definitely a good thing to get out and explore new things and have new experiences, there's also something to be said for really appreciating and enjoying your favorites too. The bottom line is that people vacation to relax and enjoy themselves. If they happen to enjoy one place over all the others, who are we to make fun of them for going back to the place they love most?

I certainly don't consider myself better than the next guy just because I like to vacation to places other than WDW.

PHS79

Since we are dropping over $120K on our house addition this year, hopefully starting in 3 or 4 weeks, and planning on buying my DW a new car sometime this year so we were not planning on another trip to WDW for 3-4 years. But at Christmas my parents asked us if we wanted to go back to WDW, we told them it wasn't in the cards for 3-4 years, but they said all we have to do is pay for our plane tickets and they will pay everything else! So we weren't planning on going to WDW because of the other expenses we are taking on this year, but thanks to mom and dad we are going back.

Chernaboggles

If it were just me, I'd probably spend the money on house renovations. If it were just Mr.CBs, he'd spend it on computer equipment. We tend to enjoy different things, and we relax differently, sometimes it's a struggle to find places/activities we both love. WDW, we have discovered, appeals to both of us equally, for different reasons. I think it'll be our destination of choice for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom