If you didn't go to Disney

Dwarful

My step father just passed away after having a stroke on Dec. 26th. Today my mother asked me to drive her to visit her sister. So we will be doing a summer road trip from Illinois to Irvine California (and of course visiting DL). We are taking two weeks to do this and seeing sights along the way coming and going.

popcenturylover

Skipping WDW this year & maybe the next!:cry: I know so sad but, our youngest DD is starting Kindergarten this fall & we're going to SC to visit our older DD, DSIL, & DGS this summer!!! We're going to explore Charleston a bit more & spend some time at the beach!!!:cool:

cheezbat

I'd go to Disneyland over WDW...if i couldnt do disney id just hit up Hollywood, Universal, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World San Diego, and Six Flags Msgic Mountain.(Maybe fit Raging Waters in there too)

Or...enjoy the other parks here in Florida...

Or...head back to Wisconsin, hit up the Dells, drive down to Six Flags Great America, then continue on to Indiana and hit up Holiday World.

That's just me though.

R W B

Just did my 8th trip to wdw since 2010 and I told my fiancé that's it, I'm done for a while unless she wants to go back and do only new things. I'm tired of the same ole space mountain and spaceship earth and all.

I already have a week long early Nov Vegas trip planned for my company that I've talked my fiancé into coming on and now her sister mentioned a Gatlinburg, TN trip in late Nov so I'm fine with that.

That's where my money's going now, maybe a universal trip during Halloween. Who knows?? Lol

rob45

RV trips to Gulf Shores Alabama, and Flint Creek Campground Mississippi. For what I spend on a Disney vacation I could stay at these campgrounds a long time.

Patrick_Ears

Hmmm this is an awesome question. Yes we do other locations other than Disney. We take small trips to Gulf Shores Alabama and of course Pensacola, also Navarre Beach is very beautiful. But I would like to see Vegas, New York City, Colorado area (mountains) and other places around the USA.

BiffyClyro

We did California one year and travelled round and went to Vegas etc. Best holiday ever.

Also, this year i;m not sure we will be able to afford a holiday, so i'm just going to a bunch of festivals instead.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We did California one year and travelled round and went to Vegas etc. Best holiday ever.

Also, this year i;m not sure we will be able to afford a holiday, so i'm just going to a bunch of festivals instead.

Two tickets and three nights in a hotel for Sonisphere is costing me the same as a holiday :cautious::cautious: just dont tell the wife

skimbob

I love traveling abroad. If the airfaires came back down to reasonable I would be flying to Wales to do coasteering.

acishere

I try to mix in different vacations and do WDW every other year. This year I am doing a Vegas weekend in a few weeks and a Yellowstone trip with some college friends later in the year. I have friends that are interested in doing a WDW trip next year so 2016 will be a trip elsewhere. Depending on what happens with Avatar in the future I might consider taking time off after the 2015 trip until that project is done. Just so there is something new to try the next visit.

I would love to travel abroad again. I missed a lot when I was in Dublin and London and they definitely need more time than I had to enjoy them. Berlin, Rome, Amsterdam, Vienna, and Tokyo are dream vacations for the future. So there is a lot I could do without WDW.

Disney Shib

I think if I didn't go to Disney as much as I do I'd be able to pay my Boston Bruins season tickets off in full instead of a ten month payment plan lol. #disneyproblems

officialtom

I'd probably do a couple trips to Ireland, France, and maybe Scotland. If I didn't go to WDW, I probably wouldn't go south at all because I can't stand the heat. Mexico, Cuba, etc. are out of the question for me. Florida in April is as hot as I like it!

whitney37354

We'd go on a different vacaction for a week. Any difference in what we would have spent at WDW would go toward paying other debts. This is what we do on the years we don't go to WDW.

JillC LI

An annual vacation is a must for our family, so if not Disney then elsewhere. As it is, we alternate years in which we do a Disney vacation or a vacation to another part of the world.

Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Canyonlands, Bryce, and Arches National Parks.

Last year we went to Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef and Grand Canyon National Parks (and then to Las Vegas and Hoover Dam). The kids will never forget the amazing adventure we had, nor will I.

Usually the non-Disney trips cost more than the Disney trips. They include things like the national Parks trip above, Canadian Rockies, African safari, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, cruise, etc. so we wouldn't save any money by not going to Disney.

SJFPKT

Well I grew up 30 minutes from Gulf Shores and the parents still live there so we do that on the weekends since we are only 2.5 hours away. Been to Hawaii, Bahamas, Atlantic City, Vegas, and road trips all over the US. The reason we go to Disney so much right now, aside from the 6 hour drive being pretty quick, is the little man enjoys it being 5. He will only really think it's magical for so long. When he gets older, we will do the DC thing along with all the national parks. Until then, I am going to let him enjoy the magic that I did when I was that age. We also do weekend trips elsewhere like ATL or Pigeon Forge or the beach, anywhere within a 8 hour drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom