If you didn't go to Disney

Disneyhead'71

We are you being such a hater? Who honestly cares if they go to Orlando for every trip?

Personally, I've been to Yosemite and the Grand Canyon and once is enough. If you take 3-4 trips per year, Disney isn't a bad option if you like it (which I assume we all do since we post on a fan forum).

Bottom line, let people do what they want. It's not like you're some world traveler if you go to a touristy places like you mentioned anyway...lose the attitude. We are all friends here.
My response was to someone that makes repeated trips to WDW while ignoring actual cultural and historical options. I have enjoyed hundreds of trips to WDW, but I am not afraid to give more adventurous options a go.

I know that since most WDW fans faint at the site of big boy coaster track, chucking the kids out of the boat 5 miles out on the coral reefs is tantamount to child abuse. But I say grow a pair, cowboy up, and venture into the wilds of the Mall in DC and freakin' learn somethng!

Californian Elitist

I already do other things with my money, besides Disneyland. I go to baseball games, just fairly recently came back from New York, I've been to San Francisco, trips to San Diego, I'm hoping to get to Atlanta this May, go camping this summer, go up to Big Bear this winter for cabin lodging and head to Yosemite for my birthday. Life is too short and there are way too many other things to do besides Disney. There's a lot of culture, history and fun to be explored in this country alone. I'll be very happy when I can afford trips overseas!

Yert3

I never got the whole "go on vacation for relaxation" thing. I can relax at home. I'm doing it as I type this right now. Every time i've gone somewhere other than Disney, I'm just wishing to myself that I was at Disney. So I stopped experimenting a few years ago. I'm moving to Kissimmee in 2017 so I don't have to keep spending a few thousand dollars every few months.

Mikester71

Definitely would put that money into renovating our house. And our house needs A LOT of renovating, let me tell you! My wife and I decided to wait until the kids move out (they are 18 and 22) before chipping away at it though. We wanted to do the family WDW trips and all that while the kids were young and could enjoy them with us, and now that they are both older, we decided that we are going to get away to WDW without them for once, just the two of us, next April. After that I would like to travel to some other destinations with some friends or just the two of us again, and then hopefully when the kids are married and have families of their own, we can all head back to WDW together.

And in between all of that, I think I should finally bite the bullet and get going on this house! :p

GrammieBee

We were going to WDW again this fall, but changed our minds. We will try for next fall after they are done with "reconfiguring" the central hub in the MK. We are tired of scrims and construction walls. We have gone to WDW approximately every two and one half to three years since our first visit in 1974. Less frequently when our children were in college and more frequently when our grandchildren were small. We love WDW and have explored every "nook" and "cranny" untili It does feel like "home". However there are just too many other places to go and things to see for us to justify going there every year. There are the National Parks, many of the state parks, Museums, the Rose Parade, Albuequerque's Balloon Fiesta, the Calagry Stampede, the San Antonio Fiesta, Hawaii, Alaska, the Canadian Provinces, cruises, the theater in NYC, concerts at Lincoln Center, DC, the shore --- the list is endless. Instead of WDW this year we will take a small ship cruise to the various New England Islands and either drive or fly to Colorado to ride on some of the steam trains we missed on our last trip. Or we may visit Savannah, GA as it has been on our "bucket list" for quite some time.

Whatever you like to do; have a great vacation.

If I wasn't going to Disney I would probably replace my kitchen & book a three week all inclusive 5 star holiday in the Canary Islands. This would cost less than my Disney trip. But I love Disney & it is worth every single penny. This will be our last trip for a few years though as we have a college degree to pay for so going to enjoy every minute. We usually travel all over Europe when not going to Disney. Mixture of beach & city breaks

Robin Of Loxley

Myrtle Beach? The Redneck Riveria? Expand your horizons!
In my travels, I have experienced my fair share of "rednecks", and I have also encountered individuals who look down their noses at other people / places for whatever reason; whether it be to fill a shortcoming in themselves, or just to have that feeling of superiority. In comparison of the two, I'd say give me the "rednecks" any day!

Jabbas

Just curious, most of guys seem to have alot of vacation time. If you only have two weeks, how much of that do you spend at Disney?

The Tuna

To the people who say to me(in a whining voice) "Why do you keep going back to Disney. Why don't you try something new?"
That's what I'm afraid of, trying something new that won't stack up to the fun and memories my family has at Disneyworld. I'll get to Yellowstone and Smithsonian Museums someday!
My feelings exactly. why try something you might hate. However I am being forced to an all inclusive this year. Since starting the planning and research I have become very excited however and can't wait to lay on a beach or sit in a pool for a week doing nothing. I am safe i the knowledge that 2015 isn't too far away from my next trip to WDW and UO. Can't wait for both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom