If you could bring 1 attraction from DL to WDW?

What would your bring from DL to WDW?

• Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Alice in Wonderland.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Storybook Canals.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • Pinnocchio's Daring Journey.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure.

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • Roger Rabbit.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Nothing I hate clones.

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

ClownBaby

That's seriously your argument?:lol:

It's not an argument. It's simply a point I'm trying to make. The track layout is pretty much identical identical. Strip them both down to nothing and you've got the same ride.

Imagine two sugar cookies circular in shape. The frosting on one makes it look like a baseball. The frosting on the other one makes it look like an eyeball. They're both the same cookie. They just look different.

TOTFE is definitely the better of the two. They put a lot of work into all of the scenery to make sure you had plenty to look at. That's mostly to keep your eyes off the perfectly flat ground you're driving on.

ClownBaby

If I was blind and deaf, Pirates and IASW would be the same ride. but they're completely different experiences. I'll admit I like Dinosaur and think it's a fun ride.. but Indy is on a whole different level, imo :shrug:

Since when does IASW have two drops and a lift hill at the end?

Lucille

I strongly disagree with DL's space being better, even with dated effects. And if we got the effects updated, I don't think you could even form an argument.

Anyway, ranking all of the options. . .

1. Indiana Jones Adventure
2. Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
> Submarine Voyage (pre Nemo)
3. The Matterhorn
4. MISTER TOAD'S WILD RIDE WHICH WAS SOMEHOW LEFT OFF THE POLL
5. Nemo's Submarine Thingy
6. Alice in Wonderland
7. Pinnochio
8. Storybook Land?
9. Casey Jr (which I've never done)

You're one of the few people I've seen on Disney boards or known in real life that like WDW's Space Mountain better than Disneyland.

I was too afraid to go on it at WDW as a kid...so I didn't go on it until 2008. But I went on Space Mountain at DL countless times in the past few years. I knew the one at WDW would be different (more like the Matterhorn) but I was still greatly disappointed. It was literally painful (and I'm not even that old.) And it just seemed weird with no music.

It's not an argument. It's simply a point I'm trying to make. The track layout is pretty much identical identical. Strip them both down to nothing and you've got the same ride.

Imagine two sugar cookies circular in shape. The frosting on one makes it look like a baseball. The frosting on the other one makes it look like an eyeball. They're both the same cookie. They just look different.

TOTFE is definitely the better of the two. They put a lot of work into all of the scenery to make sure you had plenty to look at. That's mostly to keep your eyes off the perfectly flat ground you're driving on.

I agree that they are basically the same ride. I do agree that Indiana Jones is a better version of it too. I do enjoy Dinosaur but if I could only go on one, I'd choose Indiana Jones.

For the original question in this thread....I chose Casey Jr. I wouldn't want to see Indiana Jones at WDW because they'd probably put it over in DHS (yuck!)

sponono88

Since when does IASW have two drops and a lift hill at the end?

It doesn't.. but if I was blind+deaf it'd just be a simple boat ride :shrug: a lift hill and some drops add nothing to the overall experience of the ride. no offense to the blind+deaf members of this site.

You're one of the few people I've seen on Disney boards or known in real life that like WDW's Space Mountain better than Disneyland.

I was too afraid to go on it at WDW as a kid...so I didn't go on it until 2008. But I went on Space Mountain at DL countless times in the past few years. I knew the one at WDW would be different (more like the Matterhorn) but I was still greatly disappointed. It was literally painful (and I'm not even that old.) And it just seemed weird with no music.

I agree that they are basically the same ride. I do agree that Indiana Jones is a better version of it too. I do enjoy Dinosaur but if I could only go on one, I'd choose Indiana Jones.

For the original question in this thread....I chose Casey Jr. I wouldn't want to see Indiana Jones at WDW because they'd probably put it over in DHS (yuck!)

agreed.. not sure I'd like to see Indy at DHS. Adventureland is a better fit

Laura

Premium Member
there's one major thing beyond just appearance that Indy has that Dinosaur doesn't: random sequence of events.

Friday was the first time I rode Indy twice in 1 day. And the 2 times I rode it seemed like completely different rides with different effects. And I couldn't figure out why. So it really IS random and I'm not losing my mind. :lol:

As a Disney fanatic, I have no idea how I didn't know this before. And I'm also ashamed it took me about 10 rides to figure it out.

Lucille

Friday was the first time I rode Indy twice in 1 day. And the 2 times I rode it seemed like completely different rides with different effects. And I couldn't figure out why. So it really IS random and I'm not losing my mind. :lol:

As a Disney fanatic, I have no idea how I didn't know this before. And I'm also ashamed it took me about 10 rides to figure it out.

The only time I've ever noticed a difference is when the jeep "stalls." Sometimes the stall is short and other times long. Other than that, it feels pretty much the same every time to me. I am just not observant at all.

ClownBaby

The only time I've ever noticed a difference is when the jeep "stalls." Sometimes the stall is short and other times long. Other than that, it feels pretty much the same every time to me. I am just not observant at all.

It also does different things on the bridge and in the dart room.

Laura

Premium Member
It also does different things on the bridge and in the dart room.

The place I noticed the difference was in the bug room (I think). The jeep stalled in there for a minute, when it hadn't on the previous time I rode it. I really thought I was imagining it!

_Scar

It doesn't.. but if I was blind+deaf it'd just be a simple boat ride :shrug: a lift hill and some drops add nothing to the overall experience of the ride. no offense to the blind+deaf members of this site.

... :eek:

What? Are you saying you'd love Splash just as much with a regular dark ride layout with no drops? Are you saying Indy without the smalls and sudden drops don't affect your ride experience at all? ... :ROFLOL:

sponono88

What? Are you saying you'd love Splash just as much with a regular dark ride layout with no drops? Are you saying Indy without the smalls and sudden drops don't affect your ride experience at all?

A log ride is entirely separate ride system.. I'm talking about the smaller boats that Pirates uses :wave:

The drops in Pirates aren't there for thrills.. at least not at DL. They were added in so that the ride could go under the train tracks and outside the berm of the park. Same as the elevator/loading area for HM

Mansion Butler

Take the coasters themselves, though, and WDW's is better. I personally don't want ride music, but if you do, wouldn't you rather have WDW's coaster with music and updated effects than a straight clone?!

(Not to mention the better queue line.)

Mansion Butler

If I was blind and deaf it would be the same ride.

Even then it wouldn't be the same as one ride is the same every time and one ride isn't.

But Indy and Dino are far more different than these too cookies. It would be more like if one of the cookies had plain icing and one of them had really tasty gourmet icing in various flavors and game in a collectable tin that looked really awesome and had some sort of toy inside. :lol:

_Scar

A log ride is entirely separate ride system.. I'm talking about the smaller boats that Pirates uses :wave:

The drops in Pirates aren't there for thrills.. at least not at DL. They were added in so that the ride could go under the train tracks and outside the berm of the park. Same as the elevator/loading area for HM

Yea, they may not be for thrills... but they are thrilling. Why'd you generalize it by saying drops do not affect a ride's experience if you were just talking about Pirates?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom