If you could bring 1 attraction from DL to WDW?

What would your bring from DL to WDW?

• Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Alice in Wonderland.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Storybook Canals.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • Pinnocchio's Daring Journey.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure.

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • Roger Rabbit.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Nothing I hate clones.

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

sponono88

Take the coasters themselves, though, and WDW's is better. I personally don't want ride music, but if you do, wouldn't you rather have WDW's coaster with music and updated effects than a straight clone?!

(Not to mention the better queue line.)

I dunno.. I think on-ride soundtrack completes the overall show. Can you imagine Soarin' Over California without the music? Haunted Mansion with no Grim Grinning Ghosts? personal preference I guess

Yea, they may not be for thrills... but they are thrilling. Why'd you generalize it by saying drops do not affect a ride's experience if you were just talking about Pirates?

I was just using that as an example concerning the whole blind+deaf viewpoint you might have missed :rolleyes: can we just move on now.. I don't want to discuss physical handicaps and how they affect ride experience

Mansion Butler

I dunno.. I think on-ride soundtrack completes the overall show. Can you imagine Soarin' Over California without the music? Haunted Mansion with no Grim Grinning Ghosts? personal preference I guess
No, but I like Space Mountain in relative silence. I realize I'm in a minority on this. And there are very few rides I want this on, but there are very few rides that take place in space.

I can't argue as to whether or not people should want the audio, though. I just don't. Even if you do, wouldn't you rather have our coasters with a soundtrack than a clone?

Lucille

Take the coasters themselves, though, and WDW's is better. I personally don't want ride music, but if you do, wouldn't you rather have WDW's coaster with music and updated effects than a straight clone?!

(Not to mention the better queue line.)

No. Even without music, I like Disneyland's better. And I have ridden it without music before (speakers didn't work.) It's so smooth and fun. I love all the curves.

Like I said, I found WDW's to be very painful. I only rode it once (in 2008.) I'll probably give it another shot in January to see if I'll change my mind. But as of now, for me it's about a 2.5 for me on a scale of 1-10. Haha.

I always thought the Matterhorn was painful but I think Space Mountain was even worse. Not to mention the seating on Space Mountain was so tiny. I'm not even overweight so I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be if I put on some more pounds.

Mansion Butler

No. Even without music, I like Disneyland's better. And I have ridden it without music before (speakers didn't work.) It's so smooth and fun. I love all the curves.
And you are one of the only people I know who could say that. I think just about anyone who isn't a DL-homer would admit that (at least if smoother) the WDW coasters are better, just as a coaster, than DL's. Obviously that's preference, though.

I always thought the Matterhorn was painful but I think Space Mountain was even worse. Not to mention the seating on Space Mountain was so tiny. I'm not even overweight so I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be if I put on some more pounds.
The cars are my favorite part. Part of the thrill is being in that small vehicle hurtling so close to the track. I know many here agree (and it's what I like about the Matterhorn and what I don't like about the DL SM).

As far as it being worse than the Matterhorn on the jerk scale, unless the swiss mountain has had a refurb since I was there last, I find that really, really hard to believe. And that's with complete agreement that SM could stand to be smoother.

sponono88

Like I said, I found WDW's to be very painful. I only rode it once (in 2008.) I'll probably give it another shot in January to see if I'll change my mind. But as of now, for me it's about a 2.5 for me on a scale of 1-10. Haha.

The Matterhorn is quite painful to ride.. and although I wish it were a bit more smooth, it kinda fits the ride? I mean you're going down a rocky mountain in a bobsled.. the rough and bumpy aspect kinda make sense. And regarding SM - I've never been to outer space myself but i'd imagine it to be a much smoother experience in real life :shrug:

Lucille

And you are one of the only people I know who could say that. I think just about anyone who isn't a DL-homer would admit that (at least if smoother) the WDW coasters are better, just as a coaster, than DL's. Obviously that's preference, though.

The cars are my favorite part. Part of the thrill is being in that small vehicle hurtling so close to the track. I know many here agree (and it's what I like about the Matterhorn and what I don't like about the DL SM).

As far as it being worse than the Matterhorn on the jerk scale, unless the swiss mountain has had a refurb since I was there last, I find that really, really hard to believe. And that's with complete agreement that SM could stand to be smoother.

I don't consider either park really my "home" park. If you see in my signature, I went to WDW three times as a kid/teen (I went when I was 6, 10, and 14.) I didn't go to Disneyland for the first time until I was 23.

I have been to Disneyland more only because I lived in the area for a brief while. I think going on the Matterhorn so many times is why I don't find it to be as jerky. I know both tracks really well so I know what to expect and therefore I'm not really getting whipped around any unexpected turns like I was in the dark on WDW's Space Mountain the one time I rode it.

I'm not sure if you're trying to convince me to change my opinions or if you're just stating yours as well. Haha. I'm going to assume you're just stating your point of view in the same way I am stating mine.

Edited to add - I know many, many people that grew up going to WDW and then after riding Space Mountain at Disneyland in recent years....have decided that DL's SM is much better.

(For the record, I think EE is the best Disney coaster that I've been on....as far as thrills and theming goes.)

Skipper Dan

Indy, of course! Completely blew me away when I was in Anaheim a few summers ago. It's not often that you ride an attraction with such deliriously high expectations and have them met- no, EXCEEDED.

My feelings exactly. It was an incredible experience. Dinosaur is one of my favorite rides, and if you ever ride Indy, you'll see that they could be in the same park together, and it wouldn't matter. Even if they have the same ride system, and layout, they are NOTHING alike. Indy was incredible. Hands down, Indiana Jones Adventure.

Although I would like to get the Piranha attack scene in our Jungle Cruise. Scared the h_ll out of me; and I was even expecting. :lookaroun

Mansion Butler

Edited to add - I know many, many people that grew up going to WDW and then after riding Space Mountain at Disneyland in recent years....have decided that DL's SM is much better.

(For the record, I think EE is the best Disney coaster that I've been on....as far as thrills and theming goes.)
Is that because of the coaster itself or all the effects and soundtrack? I can buy the latter, but I can't buy many people in the former crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom