If you could bring 1 attraction from DL to WDW?

What would your bring from DL to WDW?

• Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Alice in Wonderland.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Storybook Canals.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • Pinnocchio's Daring Journey.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure.

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • Roger Rabbit.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Nothing I hate clones.

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

Mansion Butler

I figured Indy would dominate this thing.

I would like Roger Rabbit in a new Toon Town on the other side of the train tracks after the FL expansion. :) But Indy is the easy answer.

Figment632

Original Poster
I'm surprised that Space Mountain didn't make the possibility of choices in this poll. I know that WDW's SM is getting refurb'd but it won't be anything like the complete overhaul DL's Space got. I would rather they clone that and bring that over because its definitely the best ride at DL IMHO right now.

The coaster in WDW is 100% better the thing that makes the DL SM is the effects!

Matterhorn to EPCOT or IJA to Studios. :D

Yes complete with a new Switerland pavi!

/controversial:lookaroun

figment making another DL thread...imagine that...:snore:

Yes DL has become a little obsession with of mine since my first visit in May :shrug:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Indy.

Best ride Disney has ever done.

I absolutely agree. I don't care where in Florida they put it, it just needs to get there. The ride vehicles and track may be similar to Dinosaur, but in terms of the entire experience, Indy blows Dinosaur way out of the water. It's not even close. And I really like Dinosaur.

Quest4fun

It's too bad Space Mountain wasn't on the list. I know they already have it at Magic Kingdom but the one at Disneyland is so much better.

The Matterhorn has the same feel as Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom so to me they're almost identical. If you want to talk identical, Indiana Jones but Dinosaur is the exact same ride so in essence it's already there.

Really, I think that they should try to separate the experience at each resort as much as possible to give me a reason to go back and forth.

TinkSassy

This was a tough one for me - I love the Storybook Canals, Alice, Matterhorn and Nemo. But, the line I run for at DL is Indy! I thought Roger Rabbit was cute, but the kids don't really know him anymore.

TinkSassy

I agree with SM being better at DL - hoping the new refurb brings it to that level. I usually skip it at MK - but rode 3 times at DL - I just couldn't get enough!

Mansion Butler

I strongly disagree with DL's space being better, even with dated effects. And if we got the effects updated, I don't think you could even form an argument.

Anyway, ranking all of the options. . .

1. Indiana Jones Adventure
2. Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
> Submarine Voyage (pre Nemo)
3. The Matterhorn
4. MISTER TOAD'S WILD RIDE WHICH WAS SOMEHOW LEFT OFF THE POLL
5. Nemo's Submarine Thingy
6. Alice in Wonderland
7. Pinnochio
8. Storybook Land?
9. Casey Jr (which I've never done)

Mansion Butler

Sorry, don't want to hijack the thread but...
Being a gal from the deep south, I know very little about DL. Are there any rides that were original to WDW, but are now in DL also? I'm always hearing of the rides WDW got from DL, but don't know if it has gone the other way???
Space was mentioned, though it was designed originally for Disneyland (a Walt concept, in fact). Thunder Mountain was the other way around in that it was originally designed for WDW but opened in DL first.

Country Bears, Tower of Terror, Tough to be a Bug and HISTA are some others that come to mind, as well. I'm pretty certain our Winnie the Pooh opened first, too.

Also, their Tower of Terror is like our Pirates of the Caribbean: we have the original that is awesome, and they have the shortened clone that's merely good. The difference is our Pirates at least has a much better queue line, they don't even have the awesome queue for ToT.

Mansion Butler

It is a great ride but it's the same as Dinosaur except for the appearance aspects.
Not even. It is the same ride system with the same track layout. That does not a same ride make. Appearances can't just be shrugged off when they're so vastly different, comparing the queue lines would be a joke, and there's one major thing beyond just appearance that Indy has that Dinosaur doesn't: random sequence of events.

ClownBaby

Not even. It is the same ride system with the same track layout. That does not a same ride make. Appearances can't just be shrugged off when they're so vastly different, comparing the queue lines would be a joke, and there's one major thing beyond just appearance that Indy has that Dinosaur doesn't: random sequence of events.

If I was blind and deaf it would be the same ride. I understand that Dinosaur doesn't have the ability to have slight variations in each ride but the bumps, shakes, brakes, twists, turns etc are all identical. I noticed it the moment you climb the first hill while going back in time. My suspicion was confirmed when the dinosaur head popped out like the giant marble at the end.

Yes the general experience is different but I just couldn't shake how it felt just like Indiana Jones. I love "both" rides by the way.

Matt and Kelly

It is a great ride but it's the same as Dinosaur except for the appearance aspects.

How about some new rides?

I see where you are coming from, and you do make a good point, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Indy is a great ride which is why I selected it in this poll.

Like SirGoofy mentioned, the experience you get from both rides is completely different.

westie

I was always bummed that WDW did not have a Blue Bayou restaurant attached to PotC like the one in DL. The atmosphere and themes are just excellent! And, I hate El Pirata y el Pericho. Its an insult on mexican cusine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom