If Stich's Great Escape were to be replaced?

Figment632

Original Poster
If 99.995% of us were to get our way and SGE were to be retired would we get a new ride concept or just another rehash? The ride has had the same sitting in a circular room and watching a show concept forever from Misson to Mars, AE, and now SGE. Would we get a new ride like a dark ride or something new or just another change in the story and is there even enough room there for adiffetent type of ride?

Figment632

Original Poster
I think a ride that simulates traveling to the moon or to Mars would be pretty cool...... :animwink:

Isnt that what was therebefore AE?

As much as I loved the original AE I think I would prefer a new type of ride there. I tiered of this because it's more show than ride and they have basically just swaped out story lines over the years. I'm not saying that each version of the ride hasn't been different but it's still the same concept.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If 99.995% of us were to get our way and SGE were to be retired would we get a new ride concept or just another rehash? The ride has had the same sitting in a circular room and watching a show concept forever from Misson to Mars, AE, and now SGE. Would we get a new ride like a dark ride or something new or just another change in the story and is there even enough room there for adiffetent type of ride?
Don't you mean when it is retired?:lookaroun

DisneyMusician2

Isnt that what was therebefore AE?

As much as I loved the original AE I think I would prefer a new type of ride there. I tiered of this because it's more show than ride and they have basically just swaped out story lines over the years. I'm not saying that each version of the ride hasn't been different but it's still the same concept.

Yes, it was just a nod to the previous attractions.

There isn't a whole lot of room in that area, which is why a full-fledged ride has probably not been putinto that space. I think that is an area where you are more likely to see another "show" based attraction than an actual moving ride experience. You might be able to fit a mild simulator, but I think that is about the extent of it.

I was thinking about a cryogenics attraction where Walt's frozen head could lead us through the medical marvels of the future...:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
What about we give love to one of the greatest, most underrated characters at WDW... SKIPPY'S GREAT ESCAPE!

skippy.jpg

jjgoo

While I do like Stich, I have to say that SGE was far from an improvement on AE.

I only was on AE a few times so I would be happy if they were to bring it back, and make it more frightening!

burninup4nick

I think Magic Kingdom needs some sort of simulator ride...Epcot has Mission Space...DHS has Star Tours...I think MK needs a simulator ride...but not a mission to mars because one thats already been there and two mission space is pretty much the same thing...

dxwwf3

As much as I would love to see anything from AE brought back to the parks, I know that isn't going to happen. But what I would like to see that actually could happen is something that Disney hasn't done for the Magic Kingdom in a long, long time. And what I would propose would be something............wait for it........completely original. Blasphamy I know, but how nice would it be to have original, park exclusive characters and story. The imagination that brought us Alien Encounter bringing us something else original that will knock our socks off.

I know I'm dreaming, but it sure would be nice.

Figment632

Original Poster
As much as I would love to see anything from AE brought back to the parks, I know that isn't going to happen. But what I would like to see that actually could happen is something that Disney hasn't done for the Magic Kingdom in a long, long time. And what I would propose would be something............wait for it........completely original. Blasphamy I know, but how nice would it be to have original, park exclusive characters and story. The imagination that brought us Alien Encounter bringing us something else original that will knock our socks off.

I know I'm dreaming, but it sure would be nice.

That is a great idea something orginal but they are probally going to put something pixar.

If it were up to me I would get rid of SGE and move the laugh floor and Buzz SRS over to Pixar Place in DHS. I would put a new ride where SGE is and then one large attraction where the other two are. If you update COP then the refurb of Tommorow Land is Complete. Then we could move onto a Fantasy Land Overhaul.

jonnyc

I also think AE 2: Now He's Hungry should feature Bruce Willis in the lead battling the Alien. The twist being Brucie is the mother Alien.

Timekeeper

The attraction real estate is not large enough to house a substantial dark ride. Also, the queue area is not as expansive as, say, Thunder Mountain, so WDI (ironically) shouldn't put anything in that space that is so magnificent that it will draw huge crowds that will queue all the way back to the Castle hub. (This is how I resolve the reasons for why they have been placing sub-par attractions in that spot.) The attractions will probably remain show-based. I would like to see a "new Timekeeper" style attraction, smaller 360 degree screens so that the viewer feels more immersed in the action, maybe even motion based platforms and 3D viewing... who knows. "Eisner Encounter" would be pretty scary.

Rest In Peace

missiontomars1.jpg

:cry:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also, the queue area is not as expansive as, say, Thunder Mountain
Sadly, the AE queue was huge; remember the entrance was under the tower at the end of Rockettower Plaza and passed the attraction entrance, the current stand by distribution, to a switchback under the TTA by the original west theatre exit, then back again to the preshow holding area.

Why install a new CV theatre when the infrastructure for one still exists opposite?

dxwwf3

Sadly, the AE queue was huge; remember the entrance was under the tower at the end of Rockettower Plaza and passed the attraction entrance, the current stand by distribution, to a switchback under the TTA by the original west theatre exit, then back again to the preshow holding area.

Why install a new CV theatre when the infrastructure for one still exists opposite?

I fully remember waiting 90 minutes in that queue for my first viewing :)

Plutofan1

Wouldn't a Wall-E attraction make perfect sense for Tomorrowland, or is it just me? Even though I am not too fond of them loading WDW with Pixar attractions, it would make sense to put a ride/show in Tomorrowland based on a movie that is actually about the world of Tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom