If I could improve Walt Disney World....

moosicalnwdwmad

I think in one of the main parks that they should have a disney channel part with the disney channel logo being the entrance as you come in and it is a massive and you walk under it. Also when all the high school musicals have been produced I think that they should bring all three in too one and make it into a show to be on broadway west end and Walt Disney World! :sohappy:

michael92

yeah, maybe it would be cool to have zone themed to disneychannel in disneys hollywood, like "disneychannel studios", and people could participate in shows, have live programms emited there, meet the characters, etc.. and many people would go crazy about a highschool musical festival !(but not me, because i dont like those movies very much..:).. or maybe a zone themed to abc?

S.E.A.

damn stitchcastle, you sure you don't work for disney? i'm hearing rumours of an american idol style attraction for the studios, just like what you thought of.

michael92

anyway, im in a 2month vaction now, so ill post soon, with drawings! i just hope people feedback, if not then ill post in micechat :p

kcw

I read the first nine pages of this thread, but was getting too impatient to go through the others- so I apologize if I mention something that's already been said! (and its quite an old thread, so who knows if the OPs of this thread are even still posting! haha)

stitchcastle- holy cow those are some amazing ideas! Again, I didn't read every post so I apologize if things have been changed, but I have one suggestion for your Kingdom of Dreams fireworks show- you originally had Cinderella narrating it, and then Jiminey cricket- I would love to see someone original that doesn't narrate anything else- like SNOW WHITE?! I hate that she's been given such a shaft at the parks lately, she's the original princess- so who better to narrate a show celebrating dreams when she's where it all began! The Cinderella overkill at the parks has gotten old- heck, she's not even a real princess, she married into it! that's the easy way! haha :lol:

that aside, I'd love to see some new rides created that incorporate live performers. AAs are great, but still can't do what humans do. stitchcastle had an idea a while back with the ice castle and having ice dancers dancing in a ballroom (sorry if i just butchered that explanation!!)- how cool would that be if there were real dancers- like the ones in the Boo To You parade, but not so....dead... Or if you were riding an Incredibles themed ride and all the sudden Mr and Mrs. I came running out, being chased by Syndrome- up and over ride cars (stopped...), flying over the track, etc.

Before anyone tears this idea to pieces-

- I know that performers (and guests) safety would be a HUGE consideration and probably the biggest threat to the reality of this idea.... but if ideas were tossed around for long enough, I think something could be figured out.
- I know this would probably step on Equity's toes....but don't get me started on how much the ent. dept. can't do because of Equity-especially since their CA counterparts get away with much more with AGVA.
- I know this would be a huge undertaking from entertainments perspective. It would require performers to be cast from open to close every day. Maybe three groups of people that rotate in and out in the morning, and another three at night. I work in the entertainment dept though and I would love nothing more than to look at my schedule and see "Ice Dancer 2- MK" I would have so much fun doing something like that- and I really think the guests would like it- it would definitely be unexpected and add a whole other element to the rides. :shrug:

stitchcastle

Original Poster
I read the first nine pages of this thread, but was getting too impatient to go through the others- so I apologize if I mention something that's already been said! (and its quite an old thread, so who knows if the OPs of this thread are even still posting! haha)

stitchcastle- holy cow those are some amazing ideas! Again, I didn't read every post so I apologize if things have been changed, but I have one suggestion for your Kingdom of Dreams fireworks show- you originally had Cinderella narrating it, and then Jiminey cricket- I would love to see someone original that doesn't narrate anything else- like SNOW WHITE?! I hate that she's been given such a shaft at the parks lately, she's the original princess- so who better to narrate a show celebrating dreams when she's where it all began! The Cinderella overkill at the parks has gotten old- heck, she's not even a real princess, she married into it! that's the easy way! haha :lol:

that aside, I'd love to see some new rides created that incorporate live performers. AAs are great, but still can't do what humans do. stitchcastle had an idea a while back with the ice castle and having ice dancers dancing in a ballroom (sorry if i just butchered that explanation!!)- how cool would that be if there were real dancers- like the ones in the Boo To You parade, but not so....dead... Or if you were riding an Incredibles themed ride and all the sudden Mr and Mrs. I came running out, being chased by Syndrome- up and over ride cars (stopped...), flying over the track, etc.

Before anyone tears this idea to pieces-

- I know that performers (and guests) safety would be a HUGE consideration and probably the biggest threat to the reality of this idea.... but if ideas were tossed around for long enough, I think something could be figured out.
- I know this would probably step on Equity's toes....but don't get me started on how much the ent. dept. can't do because of Equity-especially since their CA counterparts get away with much more with AGVA.
- I know this would be a huge undertaking from entertainments perspective. It would require performers to be cast from open to close every day. Maybe three groups of people that rotate in and out in the morning, and another three at night. I work in the entertainment dept though and I would love nothing more than to look at my schedule and see "Ice Dancer 2- MK" I would have so much fun doing something like that- and I really think the guests would like it- it would definitely be unexpected and add a whole other element to the rides. :shrug:

thanks!

I actually was thinking the other day about a re-imagineered Pirates that involved live actors alongside elaborate AA's.

Anyway, I had an earlier idea for a sort of event at the Studios that would take the streetmosphere performers to a whole new level by turning the entire park into a giant living, breathing broadway musical. Where an elaborate speaker system could have the cast members and the actors just breaking out into song and are immediately backed by a 70 piece orchestra. The songs range from intimate yet powerful love songs about a guest falling in love with another guest or a big roaring set piece musical number about Hollywood. (imagine the "That's How You Know" sequence from Enchanted acted out in real life down Hollywood Blvd.) the song list are as varied as modern pop songs, to original pieces about life in the Hollywood Studios to classic disney songs that will encourage guests to sing along.

and about Snow White getting more respect, I actually agree, she does indeed deserve more it's bad enough that they renamed what was supposed to be her castle in california into Sleeping Beauty's.

anyway sorry I haven't been able to post much lately, I swear as soon as I have more time i'll put up new ideas with concept art. I've also been toying with an "Enchanted" dark ride.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
oh here's the list of what's at EPCOT:

***EPCOT Center***

"discover worlds of wonder and the power of innovation"

=future world=

-expanded into a two-level futuristic city. The area is designed to not have any straight angles and is modeled on coral and the waves of the ocean. Imagine a sleeker version of Star Wars' Naboo with a hint of Coruscant.

-Future world also doubles as a real scientific research center for scientists the world over which is why all the pavilions have been expanded to include actual labs and test areas as well as classrooms for the WED University whose main campus is the entire second floor of Future World.

*Spaceship Earth

*The Timekeeper - updated with revolving seats!!

*WedWay Peoplemover - used as main transportation around Future World .

*Universe of Energy - a future version of Captain Nemo finds ways to harness multiple kinds of energy at the same time.
~Energy Labs - a giant interactive area that showcases, in creative ways, alternative ways to obtain energy from race cars powered by the air from your mouth, to an entire house powered by sunlight.

*Wonders of life
~Body Wars
~Cranium Command
~Cell Tours - a dark ride that takes you to a city in side your own body (much like Osmosis jones)

*Mission: Space - expanded to an entire pavilion themed to a space station
~Mission to Mars - the original centrifuge ride
~Advance Training Lab - an interactive play area
~Project Armageddon - join earth's first line of defense against asteroid attacks.
~Space Walkers - special suits allow guests to move like a space man in outer space.

*The Transportation Pavilion
~World of Motion
~Test Track
*The Living Seas
~The Sea Cabs
~Nemo and Friends
~Turtle Talk with Crush

*The Land
~Living with the Land
~Kitchen Kabaret Starring Weird Al Yankovic
~The Circle of Life
~Soarin'

*The Imagination Institute
~Journey Into Imagination
~Dreamfinder
~Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
~Flubber! - Enter Proffessor Phillip Brainard's labs and experience his greatest invention, the bouncy flubber. This is a giant robot arm exposition.
~Imagination Institute Warehouse - the big E-ticket of this area, this takes you to a whirlwind tour of the imagination institute's biggest achievements.

*The World Wide Web Pavillion
~The Sage of Knowledge -ask him a question, any question at all and he holds the answers, the Sage of Knowledge is the central AA figure that rules over the Web Pavilion.
~The Firewall - put your cyber goggles on and join the fight against viruses!
~Age of the Internet - dark ride about the history of the web.

*Terraverse
~Violent Earth - prepare for the world's most violent natural disasters as they all happen to you at the same time in this giant weather/disaster simulator attraction.

=world showcase=
*Rhythms of the World - direct from Tokyo DisneySea.
*Illuminations: One World - an expanded version of Reflections of Earth with a new segment that features the history of the world recreated using the architecture and fireworks around World Showcase.
*Tapestry of Nations

*Mexico
~El Rio del Tiempo

*Norway
~Maelstrom

*China
~Reflections of China

*Equatorial Africa
~Voices of Africa

*Australia
~Uluru
~The Sydney Opera House

*Germany
~Rhine River Boat ride
~Newschwanstein Castle Tour

*Switzerland
~The Matterhorn

*Italy
~The Italian Gondolas

*U.S.A.
~The American Adventure
~The Muppet Immigration Story

*Japan
~Akihabara Shopping District
~Mt. Fuji

*Morocco

*Egypt
~The Ancient Pyramids
~Archaeological Expedition

*France
~Impressions de France
~The Moulin Rouge

*United Kingdom
~The Crystal Palace

*Russia
~Russian Folktales
~Reflections of Russia

*Canada
~O Canada!
~Canadian Mountain Rapids

=entertainment=
*Rhythms of The World
*Tapestry of Nations Parade
*Spectromagic Parade - around Futureworld
*Illuminations: One World

=**Hotels:
*Disney's World Showcase Resort

**Disney's Hollywood Studios**

"hollywood thrills. heartwarming moments. the legacy of showbiz."

=hollywood boulevard=
*Disney's Hollywood Parade
*The Great Movie Ride
*Cinemagic!

=production backlot=
*Sounds Dangerous starring Drew Carrey

*Armageddon: Special Effects Spectacular
*The Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour
*Makin' Movies Movie Set Adventure
*The Wizard Of Oz

=Pixar Place=
*The Edna Mode Show
*The E-Mode Design Labs
*Toy Story Mania!

=tv Land=
*Hollywood Speedway
*Television Revolution
*Superstar Television
*Whose Line Is It Anyway?
*Young Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

=sci-fi city=
*Star Tours
*Alien Encounter
*Metropolis
*Godzilla Defense Training Academy

=Muppetopia=
*Muppet*Vision 3-D*
*The Muppets Take On Hollywood

=streets of america backlot=
*Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
*Godzilla Attacks!
*Streets of America Building Facades
*Turbulence

=animation courtyard=
*Mickey's Philharmagic
*The Magic of Disney Animation
*Animagic!
*Playhouse Disney Live!

=toon studios=
*Roger Rabbit's Coaster Rabbit
*Baby Hermann's Toon Studios Tour
*Toontown Trolley
*Donald's Boat
*The Barnstormer
*Roger Rabbit's Car-toon Spin
=music street=
*American Idol: Be the Superstar!
*Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

=sunset boulevard=
*Transylvannia Theater
*The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
*Hollywood Hills Amphitheater

=nighttime entertainment=
*Lights, Camera, Dreams!
*Hollywood Stars! Fireworks Extravaganza
*LuminAria: A Night of Movie Memories

kcw

thanks!

I actually was thinking the other day about a re-imagineered Pirates that involved live actors alongside elaborate AA's.

and about Snow White getting more respect, I actually agree, she does indeed deserve more it's bad enough that they renamed what was supposed to be her castle in california into Sleeping Beauty's.

that's funny- glad someone else is thinking along those lines too! Pirates would definitely be a good one to incorporate live people into- maybe even Small World too? but then again the size of humans compared to the size of the dolls might be a little awkward looking!!

I know!? I don't think a princess should earn a castle just because of a movie release!

Anyways, have you looked into doing the CP or even just getting an entry level job at Disney? I don't claim to know anything about Imagineering or even the higher workings of Disney, but if it's something you really want to do (and I would definitely say it's something you should shoot for), I've heard it's all about starting from the bottom and working up the ladder. When they recruit for the CP all you hear is "networking this, network that, network network network..." but while I was down there I really did find lots of opportunities to meet higher ups and see how things work. Again, I don't know if they look for imagineers from within like they do for other positions in the company, but it definitely wouldn't hurt and would give you a good place to start!:shrug:

michael92

what kind of job did you do in wdw? I want to be an imagineer, too, but i read that if you work or have worked in the disney company you wont be able to participate in the imagiNations competition, which would be a great oportunity 4 me

kcw

I work in entertainment- and will be going back FT after I finish school.... Again, I don't know much about imagineering and the specifics to get into that area (and don't know anything about the competition that you mentioned) so that might definitely be the case- but I know that Disney likes to hire from within the company, and as much as I laughed about how often the "N" word was tossed around with the CP, it truly did seem like a good networking opportunity for those who have ambitions of moving higher into the company.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Anyways, have you looked into doing the CP or even just getting an entry level job at Disney? I don't claim to know anything about Imagineering or even the higher workings of Disney, but if it's something you really want to do (and I would definitely say it's something you should shoot for), I've heard it's all about starting from the bottom and working up the ladder. When they recruit for the CP all you hear is "networking this, network that, network network network..." but while I was down there I really did find lots of opportunities to meet higher ups and see how things work. Again, I don't know if they look for imagineers from within like they do for other positions in the company, but it definitely wouldn't hurt and would give you a good place to start!:shrug:

i'm actually gonna get my animation degree pretty soon and I'm gonna try to get an entry level job at the disney studios, probably in Glendale. ^_^ I really am also interested in seriously being in imagineering but I can't help but think that it would be harder to get in imagineering unless you have some experience in actual engineering and design.

kcw

i'm actually gonna get my animation degree pretty soon and I'm gonna try to get an entry level job at the disney studios, probably in Glendale. ^_^ I really am also interested in seriously being in imagineering but I can't help but think that it would be harder to get in imagineering unless you have some experience in actual engineering and design.

haha ya I imagine having some experience just might help! :D good luck!!

michael92

stichtcastle, have you thought of participating in the imaginations competition? if you win or make it to the finals, they could give you a job. Of course,m you have to porve that you're good, but i think youll have no problem with that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom