If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Hey guys! I've decided to revisit a couple of my favorite ideas for the parks.

here's a quick over view of the "Lights! Camera! Dreams!" show for DHS

concept for the attraction poster featuring the main cast:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/stitchcastle/lcdcopy.jpg

The Streets of Disney's Hollywood Studios are alive! with the sound of Lights! Camera! Dreams!, a musical extravaganza set on and around Hollywood Boulevard. A young girl, fresh from a bus from her hometown dares to follow her dreams and conquer the world of the movies, with a little help from the many characters she meets in the streets of Hollywood, all set to the most beloved songs and music of cinema.

This most elaborate broadway-caliber is presented every dusk right in front of the Chinese Theater, with your favorite streetmosphere performers getting in on the story of Julie and her dream to become a famous movie star.

The show will require for the entire Chinese Theater's facade to be raised a whole floor to make room for the technically elaborate "hidden" stage that will be built at the park's plaza that would allow the streets themselves to change form through out the show. numerous lighting equipment will be installed and hidden all around Hollywood Boulevard along with an impressive new sound system that lets guests feel the music and songs all around them.

The show starts with a red double deck bus making its way through Hollywood boulevard and as the music swells, our heroine Julie hops off and announces her joy of finally being in Hollywood ("The Streets Are Alive!" -< reworked version of 'The Sound of Music'> But she is interrupted by a policeman who tells her that she's not allowed to sing without a permit. ("Officer Crupke" from West Side Story) Julie then goes immediately to audition in an open casting call ("I Have Confidence" -- The Sound of Music mixed with "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast) in which she meets superstar Madeline Moore ("Poor Unfortunate Souls" -- The Little Mermaid) who gets her immediately rejected, she then walks away with the other rejects ("I Want" Song medley) One of the rejects hooks her up with a job as a waitress where she meets Mel Rose, the den mother of all the failed dreamers like her ("Hakuna Matata" -- The Lion King/"Tomorrow" -- Annie). Julie soon finds herself a happy home as a waitress in the diner ("Be Our Guest" -- Beauty and the Beast) but she still holds on to her dream of stardom ("Tomorrow" Reprise)

One day, a writer comes to the diner all sad that Madeline Moore got mad at him even though he is madly in love with her. Julie gives him tips as to how to show her ("That's How You Know" -- Enchanted), Little did she know that the movie producer was actually watching her and immediately recruits her to join the picture, but then the writer has already fallen in love with her ("Part of Your World" -- The Little Mermaid) and later on they meet in an abandoned set where they confess their love to each other ("A Whole New World" -- Aladdin/"Elephant Love Medley" -- Moulin Rouge) Upon hearing of Julie being cast as a costar or even as a probable replacement, Madeline Moore gets furious and vows to get rid of her once and for all ("And I am Telling You" -- Dreamgirls)

anyway, it's getting late ^_^ sorry to leave you guys hanging but i'll continue tomorrow for now, here's the entrance for Animal Kingdom's "Temple of the Anaconda" http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/stitchcastle/anacondafacade.jpg

michael92

as usual, great ideas. and the drawings are pretty cool, too.... tell me, did you have drawing lessons or just practised? i wish i could draw like that!
BTW, can i post an idea for the anacondas ride?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
as usual, great ideas. and the drawings are pretty cool, too.... tell me, did you have drawing lessons or just practised? i wish i could draw like that!
BTW, can i post an idea for the anacondas ride?

a bit of both, mostly practice though, and sure you can post ideas! ^_^

michael92

OK heres my idea:

Temple of the anaconda
Join a thrilling expedition deep in the forest, inside an old, inhabited temple. But beware: the temple is flooded, and its waters may hold something more than meets the eye...

I like the idea of a luge flume/roller coaster/dark ride combination, like journey to atlantis in sea world. So the premise is that youre part of a group in the search of a gold city deep inside a temple in the amazonas. You board your jeeps and begin your descent, but the tension builds up as you encounter traps left by the mayans (for example blades that come from the ground and you have to evade, and a dead end where you almost fall in an abyss and have to go backwards to avoid falling), and huge AA insects (this part is like indiana jones). soon, you encounter a current.. the temple is flooded! The waters are dark and you keep hearing strange noises. You can see strange fish that jump around you (there is a whole ecosystem there). Suddenly, something hits your jeep (that has converted in a boat), somehting BIG. You keep going but you can see that waves form near you, something is moving under water. You keep going and arrive in a river where the water falls on both sides (you are in the middle and on both sides there is water falling down). The river becomes more narrow and down under, you cann see a city full of gold. The lost kingdom! Pyramids of gold and cascades of liquid gold. But in front of you, a huge anacond appears abruptly (and breaks the tension that has built) and moves its head above all the people in the car. Your car moves sideways quickly to escape, but you stop as you see that if you keep going, you will drop. But the anaconda makes the anaconda grabs your boat by teh back and shakes it quickly. You must escape! So the boats keeps going and drops (80 feet, or so..) until you arrive on the floor and see that everything is covered with eggs, and some eggs are hatching.
The anaconda apperas (apparently it has dropped, too) and moves towards your car, but a pyramid breaks and a lot water flows in front of you, blocking the anaconda. Your boat accelerates toward a lagoon that has formed, trying to escape, while rocks fall from the ceiling (the city cannot hold teh water pressure any more) Multiple snakes (middlesized) appear from everywhere, but something in front of you scares you even more: a huge maelstrom. The anaconda tries to grab you boat again and you both drop through the maelstrom (roller coaster part). This part is intense and lasts around a minute. You can still see the snake trying to catch you, but the water swallows the anaconda and the last thing you see is its tail, moving.. and you arrive save in the jungle.. again. Nature chose to protect you.
What do/dont you like? please be honest!

S.E.A.

wow, great version of the anaconda ride!

I was looking through some of the old posts and I've actually forgotten how great the ideas were, The Star Wars X-Wing ride and the dueling Jungle Cruise are my favorites. I wish they were real :(

michael92

thanks!
i posted that i wouldnt reveal anything more of the incredibles ride because i could use it as a potential idea for a competition.. sorry:(

S.E.A.

oh and here's a refresher for stitchcastle's version of anaconda ride

stitchastle said:
Temple of the Anaconda at Disney's Animal Kingdom
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/stitchcastle/anaconda.jpg

Explore an ancient temple dedicated to the world's largest snake but be warned not to go too deep as the ancient snake God does not enjoy nosy visitors. This intense innovative new coaster type attraction combines the thrills of roller coasters and the experience of EMVs as we go through an ancient temple and anger a sinister Snake God. Trouble starts as soon as we lock ourselves inside the sacrificial chamber and the walls reveal thousands of snakes slowly slithering towards you. Things don't get any better when we ride an old mine train and are pursued by an angry giant anaconda and are ultimately wrapped in its coils ready for feeding.

=complete ride through description=

-standby line-
as tourists, we are lured to an ancient dig site where archaeologist discover remains of an old gold mine somewhere deep in the heart of the amazon rain forest. Unfortunately, the mine seems to be littered with snakes which is why herpetologist Bruce Baxter is summoned to deal with this problem. As tourists (who help fund the expedition), we are treated to a tour of the artifacts uncovered from the old mine, which includes an actual working train and a history lesson by a beautiful young scientist named Cassie about the old mine and the ancient temple located right next door.

-fast pass line-

through an internet website, a scientist named Joe Stainton is inviting us to go on an insider's tour of the never before seen temple of the anaconda which is rumoured to be littered with gold and treasures. By infiltrating a routine tourist mining musem, Joe claims that he well help us find our way into the temple via a secret mine train that runs straight through the temple.

-pre-show-

Cassie invites the guests to watch a demonstration of the working mine train. Unfortunately, Joe takes it one step further and invites the guests to actually get in the train. Joe then gets on the train with the guests telling them that he is going to take them on a personal tour of the mine. Cassie protests, saying that they are not authorized to operate the train but Joe insists anyway.

-the mine-

Joe starts up the train and we go through the dark mine with only the lights on our "hardhats" letting us see. Joe then unveils his lan, telling us that there is a secret route that would take them to the belly of the temple and straight to all the gold. Joe tells to be quiet so that Dr. Baxter and his dig team, who we see digging up artifacts, won't notice our presence.

we reach a fork in the tracks, one track leading, supposedly, to a dead end. Joe makes us take that track and we stop when we see a huge boulder blocking our way.

Joe reveals that the boulder is actually a door that could be opened by saying an ancient mayan chant which he recites. And like magic, the boulder splits in half revealing even more tracks that lead to a room full of mayan statues of snakes, but that's it. it's another dead end.

Joe expresses his dissapointment and accidentaly recites the chant 3 times which suddenly activated the boulder to close behind us and all the statues begin to move!

-Sacrifical Chamber-

as it turns out, the statues are an ancient, complicated pulley system that opens up yet another door in front of us and in it lies a room brimming with gold and jewels, so much so that it's almost blinding.

Joe marvels at what is there and immediately jumps out of the train. But just before he could touch the cold, Cassie shows up telling us that we shouldn't be here and that we have to turn back before it's too late.

Joe doesn't listen to Cassie and swims straight into the piles of gold. just as he touched it, the room goes dark and we hear him scream. We then hear a chorus of hisses and as the lights go back on...

all the gold in the room has been replaced with snakes.

We see Joe, or what's left of Joe, getting devoured by a bunch of snakes, he's basically drowning in them. Cassie takes the initiative and mans the train out of the room, she tells us to start praying.

Our train raises through the darkness, as our hardhats' flashlight reveal even more snakes coming out of the walls. We then stop in an empty room. The snakes are gone

-the altar-

Just as we catch our breaths, a group of torches surrounding the room suddenly light up and a really lous hiss is heard from the gaing mouth of a giant statue of what looks like a snake. we then see a forked tongue come out and a pair of glowing eyes staring at us.

Cassie revs up the train causing us to speed away. [this is the first drop] All around us we can see walls breaking and a giant snake seems to be moving behind it.

-Coiled-

Suddenly, the train is caught! gigantic coils wrap around the train, squeezing it tight. and right in front of us is the head of the legendary giant anaconda.

after looking at us for a few moments, it ebgins to open its jaws really, really wide, preparing to eat us.

-Rescue and Escape-

Suddenly, a shot is fired and the snake is distracted as Dr. Baxter swings on a rope firing a machine gun at the snake yelling at us to get out. His dig team firing guns right behind him.

The snake is distracted enough that its coils are loosened allowing Cassie to maneuver the train out of the snake and straight towards safety [big drop here]. zooming through the winding tracks out of the snake's grasp and back into the dig site.

as it turns out, Dr. Baxter and his team are also part of a secret organization (which ties to a brand new "adventure" themed resort-wide event which kick-starts the opening of DisneySea[Port Disney]) dedicated to preserving the secrets of the ancients and the unknown. Because of our encounter, we have been granted membership of this secret society of exploration and adventure [S.E.A.] and that we have to travel to the three other parks and find their "secret" in order to be given full membership.

S.E.A.

"Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" - Story - Use the Force! as you must pick a side wether to join the Empire or the Rebellion as you mount your own, yes your OWN X-Wing or Tie Fighter [and in the future, all the different fighters] and take a hand's on part on some of the most famous and notorious space battles in Star Wars history.

ride description - The ULTIMATE Multiplayer Online Video game and it can only be truly experienced inside this Disney park. Think Star Tours on steroids zapped with Wayne Zalinski's shrinking gun. Guests will be paired in twos, one to man the shooters, another to fly the ship. The ride is comletely interactive and totally immersive and lasts as long as the battle goes on, or at least until you get shot and explode. the ride will also be connected via the internet to gaming consoles around the world so folks at home can join you in battle. All of the Fighters you encounter and shoot will be manned by real people either from the park or from elsewhere around the world.

what do you guys think?

this was the star wars one

michael92

I have another idea for the amazon part of animal kingdom. It is called
Journey into the Amazon and combines real animal habitats with holograms and artificial sets, a tame motion simulator and a ride system comparable to ellen's energy adventure. it would be like the equivalent of kilimanjaro safaris, but in the amazon area
Sounds complicated, but ill explain later.

michael92

the basic idea is that you're making a tour to the amazon rain forest.
The facade will be similar to the village houses found in the amazon.
the queue is also well themed, with maps indicating where you are and what was your traveling route (from eg orlando to an airport in brazil, or something like that), photos, artifacts, etc.
in the preshow room, you will find seats (ill explain later why) and a very nice guy who is your guide. with an old television, he explains how the tour will work and warns you of the dangers of this tour. the special thing of this ride is, it feature stand up vehicles! why? because its different and the amazon rain forest tours are made walking (believe me, ive made them)
laso-patrol.thumbnail.jpg
--- this is how the vehicles could be, only that theyll have no wheels and will be connected to a big platform hat moves through a track, and theyll move like a motion simulator to simulate walking, running etc.. I still havent figured out how to install the "seatbelt", though.. (remember, this is just blue sky phase!)
So, everyone steps over his own vehicle and you see a brief film as an introduction (the film is projected over an IMAX dome that is on the roof. then, the dome (and the theater) open to reveal the real jungle (outdoors part)... just when it was projecting the same image as outside (to make the transition more believable) ...everything is pretty much like kilimanjaro safaris, but the vehicles sometimes move into buildings to recreate scenes with the real animals youve just seen and holograms (for example you see a real snake. Then, you do not notice but you enter a building where, with holograms, the guide trying to catch the snake is projected, catching it and then showing it to everyone and explaining a little). there is also a part where you have to "walk though a river" and it looks pretty realistic (you see real animals of the river, too). then, you enter a dark cave and see other animals and insects (real combined w/holograms). Almost at the end of the ride you encounter an illegal goldmine that is installed in the river and pollutes it (this ihappens indoors) .the hologram-guide and you throw out the miners and free some caged animals they had. then, he calls the authorities. helicopters come and policemen destroy the facilities and oh.. happy ending (this is all holograms)
most of the ride will be random so that you dont see the same holograms again and again. (in the first part, anyway)
so, questions? i know i haven't explained clearly. (im on a rush). and what ideas do you think are bad?

S.E.A.

American Idol: Be the Superstar! at the Disney-MGM Studios
-Guests take part either as a voting audience or singing contestants in this extravagant new character stage show that takes real guests and unleash the singing idol within. The grand prize? The chance to record your own demo CD and the opportunity to be a part of the actual American Idol top 100.
-The Idol theater (modeled to look like the famous Kodak Theater in Hollywood) will be located beside Rock n' Roller Coaster to create a "Music" themed area for the studios.
americanidol.jpg

wow...talk about foreshadowing

figmntal95

--Monsters Inc. Theater - a new AA/4-D show that has the Monsters from the acclaimed Pixar movie holding a sort of laugh-a-thon presentation which is secretly a new power plant that uses guest's applause and laughter to generate power.

It's not EXACTLY like the laugh floor, but it has the same concept.

figmntal95

Not only that... bt stitchcastle's idea of the prize for the American Idol attraction is the actual prize! The top 100 idea, anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom