If Comcast had bought Disney what state would the parks be in?

How would the parks be if Disney was bought by Comcast?

• Better than now.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Worse than now.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • About the same.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Run into the ground.

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
The prices would be different every month, if something broke it would take 2 weeks to get someone out to look at it then another day for someone to come mess it up worse then another week to send the right guy to fix it. What a joke company.

EPCOTPluto

^^ AND they better have cloned versions of attractions! Nothing says classics like the clones! :lookaroun

But I would have to say in about worse conditions. Luckily, it never happened. :)

Mouse Man

With Steve Burke from Comcast being allowed to run the show I think he would do one heck of a bang up job. Comcast is not a joke company and we are getting better all the time and are finally trying to fix issues and realizing that the customer comes first. We have a lot of cool stuff coming down the road and I feel you will be pleasently surprised.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
With Steve Burke from Comcast being allowed to run the show I think he would do one heck of a bang up job. Comcast is not a joke company and we are getting better all the time and are finally trying to fix issues and realizing that the customer comes first. We have a lot of cool stuff coming down the road and I feel you will be pleasently surprised.

I run a business and I have HATED Comcast for a good time before this issue came up. 2 weeks ago we needed 2 phone line installed, and a fax line. Well the dude came out here turned off our cable, internet, AND phone lines that he was SUPPOSED to install.

Day 2 guy comes out and is here for 7 hours, gave us a new modem, still didnt work, didnt install the lines, didnt turn on the cable.

Day 3 guy comes out still get get internet back on, called into comcast 4 times and they hung up on him all 4 times after being on hold for around 20 mins each time. Still no phones, still no internet, but cable is on.

Day 4 guy comes out gets internet on, gets phones on, gets cable on.

Day 5 the internet stops working, cable is off again, and fax works but the other 2 lines dont.

Day 6 They finally fix the issue.

Day 7 we cancel all 7 boxes we have in the house, along with the phone lines, and internet. We now have Verizon and Directv throughout the whole house. I have directv in my room here but not every room. We have it all now.

Yeah your company is on the up and up.

WDW Vacationer

I run a business and I have HATED Comcast for a good time before this issue came up. 2 weeks ago we needed 2 phone line installed, and a fax line. Well the dude came out here turned off our cable, internet, AND phone lines that he was SUPPOSED to install.

Day 2 guy comes out and is here for 7 hours, gave us a new modem, still didnt work, didnt install the lines, didnt turn on the cable.

Day 3 guy comes out still get get internet back on, called into comcast 4 times and they hung up on him all 4 times after being on hold for around 20 mins each time. Still no phones, still no internet, but cable is on.

Day 4 guy comes out gets internet on, gets phones on, gets cable on.

Day 5 the internet stops working, cable is off again, and fax works but the other 2 lines dont.

Day 6 They finally fix the issue.

Day 7 we cancel all 7 boxes we have in the house, along with the phone lines, and internet. We now have Verizon and Directv throughout the whole house. I have directv in my room here but not every room. We have it all now.

Yeah your company is on the up and up.
Well, there is cool stuff coming!:rolleyes:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Comcast... second place in Consumerist's Worst Company in America, 2009.

I don't have a single good story to tell about them. They charged me for 3 months after I canceled my service and left the mainland US... the refunds would be processed and then I'd be charged after the funds were returned. I finally filed disputes on all Comcast transactions and had new card numbers issued. Only to be sent to collections by Comcast.

And then there were the service problems... or lack of service really. I moved from apt 1 to apt 2... service wouldn't be transferred on time, tech support wouldn't show up.

Comcast is a crap company, and I am thankful that Disney is comcast-free.. and thankful to live somewhere Comcast-free. No joke, the internet and cable here in my third-world island is infinitely better than what I got from Comcast.

I'll believe it when I see it.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Ontop of that they flat out "lie" and say they have the most HD channels. Yeah if you count on demand...but who the hell wants to watch Fletch for free in HD on demand?

SirGoofy

While Comcast generally sucks, I'll take their cable over anything Dish or Direct TV.

EDIT: And no offense, Figment, but this is a pretty terrible topic.:lol:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
While Comcast generally sucks, I'll take their cable over anything Dish or Direct TV.

EDIT: And no offense, Figment, but this is a pretty terrible topic.:lol:

I disagree...Ive had directv for a year now and its been nothing less than amazing

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Comcast... second place in Consumerist's Worst Company in America, 2009.

I don't have a single good story to tell about them. They charged me for 3 months after I canceled my service and left the mainland US... the refunds would be processed and then I'd be charged after the funds were returned. I finally filed disputes on all Comcast transactions and had new card numbers issued. Only to be sent to collections by Comcast.

And then there were the service problems... or lack of service really. I moved from apt 1 to apt 2... service wouldn't be transferred on time, tech support wouldn't show up.

Comcast is a crap company, and I am thankful that Disney is comcast-free.. and thankful to live somewhere Comcast-free. No joke, the internet and cable here in my third-world island is infinitely better than what I got from Comcast.

I'll believe it when I see it.
I swear everything you just described sounds like Charter here in the south. Horrible.

Had it in my apartment last year. Hated it, hated it, hated it.:lol:
Really? I have had a lot of mixed reviews and Im weary of going with DirectTV through At&T bundle. I just really hate that damn satellite on the roof. LOL

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I work for a cable company in the Midwest and we have fantastic service! But, we're not one of the 'big guys' either.

I had Bright House when I lived in Orlando and it was ok.

marcriss

To answer the OP's question, things would be far worse. Cable stocks are up and down. They'd be even less likely to spend money to keep up Disney's reputation. It would be ALL about the bottom line and Wall Street from the get go. Disney at least tries to give the impression that it's not ALL bottom line and one can hope that they'll maintain the legacy.

I worked for, and my husband still works for, a north east cable company. A cable company's bread and butter is their infrastructure and their households. That's what they know, what they care about and they are much better staying away from other, more creative ventures.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They would be fantastic, and we would have had a new major ride in every park each year, prices would have been frozen and THE AC woukld never have closed.

And no one can prove otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom