Ideas for those who go to WDW every year

hurry_back86

Hi everyone,

Wondering if I could put your expertise to good use. My family and I have been visiting WDW every year since we became DVC members in 1998. While I LOVE going back, I'd like to try some new things that would make our trip more special. I'm now 23, so some things aren't as exciting as they were when I was 11 years old. Do you have any "hidden wonders" that most people may not know about that could be fun? Any help would be appreciated. :D

sweetpee_1993

Every trip we have a whole bunch of stuff that's different we swear we're gonna do but then we never do because we get caught up in our usuals. LOL! One thing is Tom Sawyer's Island! We've never been there and always say we will. LOL!

Honestly, I'm thinking of making a major switch here in the future. I wanna go to Disneyland!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Same as above poster - we try and do a different resort each year (albeit this is only our 3rd year in a row! LOL) But since we go at the holidays (over Thanksgiving week) we do try and do some of the resorts that we are not staying at so that we can experience each resorts decorations.:xmas:

Since you've been DVC members and going forever since 1998, I'm guessing you have done TONS! Something different for us and out of the norm this Thanksgiving is we are going to be eating a late dinner at the Contemporary one night at California Grill and then watching the fireworks where they stream in the music from MK from the 15th floor viewing deck :) Have you done that? She swears by it!!!

Upvote 0

hurry_back86

Original Poster
The past couple of years we've picked a new resort to stay at, so that adds some newness to our trips. I like the idea of the California Grill though. I've always thought about going and think I would enjoy it. Thanks! Keep the ideas coming!

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

We're going to try the cabins this year. The Segway tour is a must if you haven't. It will be one of the best experiences you will ever have at WDW!

Upvote 0

Wisconsin

Take Disney transportation and visit ALL the resorts. Each one is a destination in and of itself. Wander through the lobbies, eat at a restaurant, shop in the shops, talk to a CM, "What's the best thing about this resort?". Take time to stroll around the grounds. Look around and appreciate the attention to detail. If you take your time this could take 2-3 days. It gives you a good feel for the resorts you might want to stay at in the future (or at least visit the ones you can't afford!). We took a day to do this a few years ago from CBR and really enjoyed the day.

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

Every year we try to visit at least one new restaurant and spend an afternoon mini golfiing, water sprites or another recreational activity. You can try one of the tours offered at the parks for something new as well.
We also love to visit and shop at different resorts.

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

Definitely, segway tours. If by some chance you've done them all. . . you're one lucky mouse. Also, quick suggestion, try calling Disney and asking what some of the different more unique things are. If you get one of the wonderful people there, they have a wealth of knowledge, and could point you in the right direction. Have you had the "Kitchen Sink"?? Good :slurp: and bad :hurl: all at the same time. :p

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We to go every year, at times twice a year. Before we had our son in Feb 09' I admit things were a lot different. But have you tried some of the following, things we do/plan on doing to keep it different.

-Horseback ride at Wilderness
-Do the spas!-haven't yet but I am dying to.
-Water ski
-Get fastpasses to a popular attraction, then when its your time, go up to a random person-we try to look for a newbie-and hand them over to them. Not much but it makes us feel good every now and then.
-Do a scavenger hunt-in the morning come up with a list of things to look for...
-Do the license plate game in the parks-find someone from all fifty states...if you don't feel like asking people, you can play it in the parking lots as well

If you by chance drive down or are up for it, there are several ways to experience Orlando in other ways, take a hot air balloon ride over the town...

Take a day trip to Clearwater beach, it took us about 1 hr and a half on a Mears bus, but it was a great way to get away from the parks for a day...and we had a great time.

Some of the stuff i realize is pretty cheesy. But we have done a few of these things and realize that by making some changes or adding to a few of our regular routines, it helps with the variety of the vacation.

Upvote 0

FBullock

We go annually as well & this year we rented a boat(Boston Whaler) at Ft. Wilderness (other resorts have them as well) & took a boat ride out in front of the Magic Kingdom in 7 Seas Lagon & around the resorts. They hold 6 or 7 people (adults). There are only 2 of us but the sea racers won't hold 2 adults. It's a totally peaceful & relaxing time & you see things from a different angle. Got some great pictures of the park & resorts.

We've done both the EPCOT & Ft. Wilderness Segway tours. Both are great. Behind the scenes tours at MK, Epcot & Animal Kingdom are good as well.

Agree with Resort hopping & just setting in some of the lobbies & people watching & listening to them as they walk past. All are or can be great experiences.

Love to do the parks at night. It's a totally different & magical world.

Upvote 0

sarajo

I would do some tours. The Segway tour is FANTASTIC!! Try a water park; miniature golf; sea racers; Richard Petty experience; spa treatments... the list goes on!

Upvote 0

CinderellyKelly

My husband and I saw Cirque Du Soleil when we went in September for our honeymoon. It was amazing!!! And every seat is fantastic so don't feel like you have to be front row center to enjoy the show!!

Even though I've gone to Disney with my family for 15 yrs in a row, I'd never seen this show. It was SO worth it!!!

Upvote 0

marcriss

Get a passport in Epcot and have it stamped in all of the pavilions, it's actually really cool.

Also, have you done Kim Possible? We have so much fun doing this and always wind up seeing something we've never seen before. The way it's integrated into the pavilions is really smart.

Upvote 0

hurry_back86

Original Poster
These are all great ideas! I did get a pedicure at the Grand Floridian Spa once and that was a lot fun.

I definitely want to try DisneyQuest this year. I've never gone and think it would be fun to try once. Has anyone ever gone and is it worth the admission if not included in your Park Hopper?

Also I think my family and I would enjoy doing one of the tours - I just don't think my parents would be thrilled with the idea of hopping on a segway! Any other recommended tours geared more towards adults?

Upvote 0

MsMouse726

We've been at WDW also the last 4 years in a row, but we manage to do at least one thing that is new just to change things up.

Disneyquest is fun especially if you've never been. We went a few years back and had an okay time. It is one of those things that was more fun when I was little. However, you never know what you might think of it.

On our first stay at OKW we took the boat over to DTD instead of using the bus. It was wonderful-right around sunset and very quiet and peaceful. If you've never done a boat ride somewhere, do it! The other thing we tried that was neat, similiar to the California Grill idea, was have a late dinner in Cinderella's Castle (CRT). The Wishes show started at nine, and we literally had front row seats to the fireworks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom