Ideas for a 5th park

jrriddle

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
Disney Seas would be nice but not as a theme park of its own. This needs to be a huge new land at.........drum roll........Animal Kingdom!!! Duh! :hammer: Walt Disney World is the premiere Disney vacation destination and Animal Kingdom would be the appropriate place for a comlete LAND(ironic) based on SEAS! After all, sea life is represented on the Tree of Life! Plus, Animal Kingdom is the least visited theme park of the four. This would give a major boost to the Animal Kingdom and would make it more complete (as long as it was done well unlike some Dino-rama crap!!) In addition, I would add an AMERICAS land to the theme park, thus giving it more of a truly global Animal Kingdom. In short, I don't think that any new park should be built yet. I think that the Animal Kingdom needs worked upon and brought up to a higher theme park level before venturing into the realm of a 5th theme park.

I'm guessing that by "Disney Seas" being added to DAK you don't mean a copy of the Tokyo version.
TDS has nothing to do with animals or sea life.
A copy of the Long Beach Port Disney (parts of it) would fit in better with DAK, but Tokyo Disney Seas would not, IMHO.

No I mean the concept as a land without the adventurous tone----more focused on sea life and sea animals with some additional major attractions relating to the theme, but then this probably would take away from TLS at EPCOT and I would hate to lose it. But you could have penguins, dolphins, fish, whales, seals, sharks, and all other kind of sea life.

Joecool2589

Disney Seas would be nice but not as a theme park of its own. This needs to be a huge new land at.........drum roll........Animal Kingdom!!! Duh! :hammer: Walt Disney World is the premiere Disney vacation destination and Animal Kingdom would be the appropriate place for a comlete LAND(ironic) based on SEAS! After all, sea life is represented on the Tree of Life! Plus, Animal Kingdom is the least visited theme park of the four. This would give a major boost to the Animal Kingdom and would make it more complete (as long as it was done well unlike some Dino-rama crap!!) In addition, I would add an AMERICAS land to the theme park, thus giving it more of a truly global Animal Kingdom. In short, I don't think that any new park should be built yet. I think that the Animal Kingdom needs worked upon and brought up to a higher theme park level before venturing into the realm of a 5th theme park.

Well it maybe the least visited park of the four at WDW, but it is the 5th most attended park in the country! also with the addition of E:E, AK will be a more complete park. and btw Dino-rama is not crap, its a very good area, infact it helps keep people in the park

jrriddle

No I mean the concept as a land without the adventurous tone----more focused on sea life and sea animals with some additional major attractions relating to the theme, but then this probably would take away from TLS at EPCOT and I would hate to lose it. But you could have penguins, dolphins, fish, whales, seals, sharks, and all other kind of sea life.

Kinda of like Discovery Cove at Seaworld. That would be great, but I agree with your comment on TLS. I'm sure they would feel that they are somewhat duplicating it (unless the Nemo overlay does away with the Divequest program, I'm only speculating here but I wonder if they will do away with it). A marine area at DAK would be good.

jrriddle

Originally posted by Joecool2589
Well it maybe the least visited park of the four at WDW, but it is the 5th most attended park in the country! also with the addition of E:E, AK will be a more complete park. and btw Dino-rama is not crap, its a very good area, infact it helps keep people in the park

While Dinorama was a quick solution to keep people in the park, compared to the rest of DAK which is so beautiful, Dinorama is pretty...crappy IMHO.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by jrriddle
While Dinorama was a quick solution to keep people in the park, compared to the rest of DAK which is so beautiful, Dinorama is pretty...crappy IMHO.

i agree! the key word here is 'quick', instead of what should have been 'thought-out' and 'quality'.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Disney's America could be a nice one as well, but I don't want it all to be just boring-as-usual Hall of Presidents-type attractions. No thanks.

i think they could really pep this idea up. like a type of water rapids or something. or have a trill/adventure attraction based on Lewis & Clark. i think it could be a cool idea, if they can pull it off right. though, i wonder what the icon would be. this may sound un-patriotic, but i hope it wouldn't be the flag, or an eagle. those are just so cliche. the Statue of Liberty MIGHT work.

as for a Villains park, i've always disliked the idea. to me, Disney is light, airy, and happy. that's the magic of it. but i think a villains park would be to dark and senister. same thing with a thrill park...that idea has been brought up several times before, and i've always disliked it for the same reason. just my opinion.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Well, as mentioned before, Heroes and Villians would be nice. It'd balance the park out, and nothing would be too scary nor too dull. Something for EVERYONE. Which is something Disney doesn't have at their parks (Magic Kingdom). Even though it'd come out to be just a really big Fantasyland, i'm sure many will flock to it.

BTW, is Shanghai Disneyland going to be necessary? IMHO one DL in China will be enough, heck Disney shouldn't go spend their money on this one.

Jriddle, your idea on turning Discovery Island into a Discovery Bay-themed area is really cool! Another 1/2 day park could be used. But would it be big enough? IMO that island doesn't look too big, but then again I never took the time to visit when it was open so I really cant say.

KevinPage

A Villians park is waaaaaaaaay too 1 dimensional and could get pigeon holed very easy. I don't want to see that, give me a Villians ride and I'll be happy

Michael72688

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
i agree! the key word here is 'quick', instead of what should have been 'thought-out' and 'quality'.

I may have been a quick solution but, everytime I've been there, the waits have been pretty long for the rides

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Michael72688
I may have been a quick solution but, everytime I've been there, the waits have been pretty long for the rides
I absolutely refuse to go on any of those carnival rides. That primeval whirl is just the Roller coaster "THE MOUSE" with the tea cups put on the track! LOL!

jrriddle

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Well, as mentioned before, Heroes and Villians would be nice. It'd balance the park out, and nothing would be too scary nor too dull. Something for EVERYONE. Which is something Disney doesn't have at their parks (Magic Kingdom). Even though it'd come out to be just a really big Fantasyland, i'm sure many will flock to it.

BTW, is Shanghai Disneyland going to be necessary? IMHO one DL in China will be enough, heck Disney shouldn't go spend their money on this one.

Jriddle, your idea on turning Discovery Island into a Discovery Bay-themed area is really cool! Another 1/2 day park could be used. But would it be big enough? IMO that island doesn't look too big, but then again I never took the time to visit when it was open so I really cant say.

I've looked at an old map, I don't think it would be big enough, They would probably have to add to the island. I'm not even sure if it could support a park. Alas just deamin'

I think Hero/Villians Park could be a hit. Yes it would be a big Fantasyland, but an updated one. I think it's the actual attractions that would determine how people precieve the park.
Personaly I don't care if a ride is in Tomorrowland or Toontown as long as it's good.

BTW yes I agree with you. I know China has a huge population base so I'm sure that's how Disney will justify having two parks in one country. However how much disposible income is there in China? And the early rumours are that this will even be less of a park then HKDL.

Michael72688

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I absolutely refuse to go on any of those carnival rides. That primeval whirl is just the Roller coaster "THE MOUSE" with the tea cups put on the track! LOL!

ok whatever, its one of the best rides at WDW, and like I said people like it, the lines are always long

darthdarrel

ok whatever, its one of the best rides at WDW, and like I said people like it, the lines are always long
HUH? Better then Dinosaur?, better then TOT?, better then Rockin roller coaster? better then the Haunted Mansion? Better then Pirates of the Caribean? Better then Splash mountain? I go to Disney to ride rides that You can`t go on anywhere else, If I want to go on the"MOUSE" I can go to Cedar Point, it`s Closer and less expensive and has tons more roller coasters then all of the Disney parks combined.

jmarc63

Originally posted by KevinPage
NO 5TH PARK AT THIS TIME

Any idea they have should be implemented into the existing parks to round out/complete/make better what they have.

Honestly, the last thing we need here in Florida is another park, especially one that Disney themselves might not invest the proper amount of money into (can you say DCA, WDS Paris, and now I hear things about HK DL & Shanghai DL being very budget conscious).

Once all the 4 parks are upgraded, and Disney gets some more money and business sense and WILL be willing to spend Oriental Land Company type dollars on the parks, then we can dicuss a 5th park.

At this point, with the current state of affairs at Disney, no new park should be built untill things get setteled in 2 to 4 years

jrriddle

Originally posted by jmarc63
At this point, with the current state of affairs at Disney, no new park should be built untill things get setteled in 2 to 4 years
If not longer, the way things are unfolding.
I agree no new parks even if everything was settled at head office. But I think people are just doing a bit of Blue Sky Dreaming.
I sure the majority of posters are in agreement that they should be building up the current parks, but discussing ideas for a 3rd park is alot of fun! And takes are minds off the reality of what's going down at corporate.

Michael72688

Originally posted by darthdarrel
HUH? Better then Dinosaur?, better then TOT?, better then Rockin roller coaster? better then the Haunted Mansion? Better then Pirates of the Caribean? Better then Splash mountain? I go to Disney to ride rides that You can`t go on anywhere else, If I want to go on the"MOUSE" I can go to Cedar Point, it`s Closer and less expensive and has tons more roller coasters then all of the Disney parks combined.

ok, first of all I said it was one of the best. ok, it is not better than Dinosaur, ToT, Splash Mountain or Rockin' Rollercoaster, but most other rides at WDW yes it is much better, small world, haunted mansion, pirates, jungle cruise, 99% of the rides at Epcot, Hall of Presidents, Snow white, pooh, buzz, want me to continue?

darthdarrel

ok, first of all I said it was one of the best. ok, it is not better than Dinosaur, ToT, Splash Mountain or Rockin' Rollercoaster, but most other rides at WDW yes it is much better, small world, haunted mansion, pirates, jungle cruise, 99% of the rides at Epcot, Hall of Presidents, Snow white, pooh, buzz, want me to continue?

..... Sure go on I have the time! :lol: :animwink:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Primeval Whirl® = Lame, Cheesy, poor carny themeing, what the hell was Disney thinking, glorified tilt a whirl.

There!!! I said it, NOW I feel better. :lol: :sohappy:

disnyfan89

I think what makes primeval whirl special is how they made it there own! If you look past the off the shelf part it is nothing but true Disney magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom