Ideas for a 5th park

darthdarrel

Originally posted by disnyfan89
I think what makes primeval whirl special is how they made it there own! If you look past the off the shelf part it is nothing but true Disney magic!

I hope your being sarcastic..... :lol:
How is it Disney magic? They just took the tea cups and put it on the "MOUSE" track, which is a cheap carnival rollercoaster. WOW IT took such imagination! :lol:
WOW and I just found out that INFACT Disney didn`t even "IMAGINEER" Primeval whirl!They bought it off the shelf sort to speak. Here take a look, almost every amusement park in the country has a Primeval whirl take a look, but it`s real name is crazy mouse!
http://www.rcdb.com/document102.htm

disnyfan89

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I hope your being sarcastic..... :lol:
How is it Disney magic? They just took the tea cups and put it on the "MOUSE" track, which is a cheap carnival rollercoaster. WOW IT took such imagination! :lol:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not being sarcastic and you have forrgoten all the stuff disney put on it!

darthdarrel

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not being sarcastic and you have forrgoten all the stuff disney put on it!

go look at my last post I re edited it, Disney didn`t put anything on it.

darthdarrel

THEN YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.wdwmagic.com/dino-rama.htm
All they did was add a few fancy signs.
The actual ride was designed and built by someone else. Now you want to talk about Disney magic(Imaginerring) LEt`s talk Mount everest!
Now when that is finished that will be pure magic, cause Disney imagineers dreamed and designed that roller coaster from top to bottom! I can`t wait! :sohappy:

Scrooge McSam

... talking about Discovery Island

Originally posted by jrriddle
I've looked at an old map, I don't think it would be big enough, They would probably have to add to the island. I'm not even sure if it could support a park. Alas just deamin'

I've always been intrigued by that little piece of land, too. But the very thing that makes it so inspiring seems to also be its biggest problem.

Isolation

The space doesn't seem to be suited to any kind of enterprise that's going to have a high attendance count because of the transportation problems involved in getting people in and out of there.

One thought I did have though would be to make it available for all the people who rent watercraft. Just the fact that it's an island will make people want to explore it a little. Disney wouldn't really have to improve the island all that much, as it already has a network of pathways. And the time guests spend exploring would run up their watercraft rental fees, thereby generating more income.

The island already has a dock. They'd only have to put a couple of people on the island to help guests arrive/leave.

I think it would work.

Anybody?

Michael72688

Originally posted by Scrooge McSam

I've always been intrigued by that little piece of land, too. But the very thing that makes it so inspiring seems to also be its biggest problem.

Isolation

The space doesn't seem to be suited to any kind of enterprise that's going to have a high attendance count because of the transportation problems involved in getting people in and out of there.

One thought I did have though would be to make it available for all the people who rent watercraft. Just the fact that it's an island will make people want to explore it a little. Disney wouldn't really have to improve the island all that much, as it already has a network of pathways. And the time guests spend exploring would run up their watercraft rental fees, thereby generating more income.

The island already has a dock. They'd only have to put a couple of people on the island to help guests arrive/leave.

I think it would work.

Anybody?

It could, but I dont think a park like could be suported, like food services, merchandise, it would cost so much and take a lot more time to bring it to the island than it does for a regular theme park

Scrooge McSam

Originally posted by Michael72688
It could, but I dont think a park like could be suported, like food services, merchandise, it would cost so much and take a lot more time to bring it to the island than it does for a regular theme park

Right! You wouldn't need any of that. I guess you could put a cart of some kind, but that would be about it. Just a place for people to get out of their boats and explore a little.

Michael72688

Right! You wouldn't need any of that. I guess you could put a cart of some kind, but that would be about it. Just a place for people to get out of their boats and explore a little.

ah, I see :hammer:

Scrooge McSam

ah, I see :hammer:

I guess the questions would be could Disney see enough of an increase in watercraft rental fees to make it profitable. Because that's the ONLY way it would ever happen.

:D

darthdarrel

Well its sad that you cant see a good, fun ride when you see one, I'm sorry, Disney didn't make it boring like there "Classic" rides are
If the "classic" rides were boring would they be "classics"? I find it weird that you claim to be a Disney fan, yet you only seem to like the thrill rides, and the Classic DISNEY" Rides that ALL DISNEY FANS Love and CHERISH you find boring! if you like thrill rides so much, there is this place called universal studios, you should try it some time! :D :wave:

RaoulXpres

Yikes, it seems to be getting a little rough on this post.

Just because there "classics" doesn't mean they are great rides. Otherwise, they wouldn't be called "classics", they should be called AWESOME RIDES!
Am I right? (Don't think im bashing Disney at all)

Also, Just becasue your a thrill seeker, doesn't mean you can't like Disney!
(Don't bash Universal, On some aspects they are on point if not better than Disney, no matter what anyone says)

You can't expect every part of Disney to be a Space Mountain, or an E:E. The Primevil Whirls have to exist, they provide variety in a park, which is GREAT. And it's not just an off the shelf ride. I haven't seen a "mouse" ride that spins like that before Disney made it, maybe there was one but I don't know. They made it special.....so deal.

Then again, not everyone is going to like everything. Peopel ahve to accept that. Thats why variety is good :)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by RaoulXpres
Yikes, it seems to be getting a little rough on this post.

Just because there "classics" doesn't mean they are great rides. Otherwise, they wouldn't be called "classics", they should be called AWESOME RIDES!
Am I right? (Don't think im bashing Disney at all)

Also, Just becasue your a thrill seeker, doesn't mean you can't like Disney!
(Don't bash Universal, On some aspects they are on point if not better than Disney, no matter what anyone says)

You can't expect every part of Disney to be a Space Mountain, or an E:E. The Primevil Whirls have to exist, they provide variety in a park, which is GREAT. And it's not just an off the shelf ride. I haven't seen a "mouse" ride that spins like that before Disney made it, maybe there was one but I don't know. They made it special.....so deal.

Then again, not everyone is going to like everything. Peopel ahve to accept that. Thats why variety is good :)
Did you go to my link? as I said Disney "PURCHASED" They did NOT Make it . there are several that spin to be exact 52 in the world and 7 in the USA alone and more amusement parks are buying as we speak. and they are called "CLASSICS" because that means that those rides have been loved and cherished by countless millions. and have withstood the test of time.

jrriddle

Isolation

I think it would work.

Anybody?

Agreed. When I mentioned the Discovery Bay idea, that was just dreaming.
I like your idea sort of a mini Castaway Cay (from the cruiseline).
I hope they do something with the Island one day.
Oh, and don't forget the old Honeymoon cabin rumour from a while back.

captainbuzzy

I took a class with several imagineers and got into a discussion with them about DCA. They said that the rides at DCA were suppose to be off the shelf rides that Disney would theme. THis would result in a more cost effective solution than designing new rides from new concepts. In reality most of the off the shelf rides do not meets the standards that Disney has set out and they have to be rewired and the controls rewritten to Disney standard. The result is a ride that is more expensive than an in house design. The problem is that no member of management wanted to go back and say "we screwed up" and "it cost us more". So, without this lesson learned, they are bound to repeat the same mistake again and again i.e. Primevil Whirl.

In Florida there are other thrill ride providers (Bush Gardens, Universal) and elsewhere in the country we can get more of the same. I went to AK a moth ago and rode PW because there was not much more to do. It was fun, but it was not what I expected of a Disney experience. I can drive to Cedar Point to be entertained/thrilled, but I travel a distance to have Disney experience. At the risk of sounding shallow I'd like to think that I get something deeper out of a Disney experience. Partially because I pay more for it and partially because that is what I have come to expect from the Disney name.

It is with this expectation that I have traveled to the World in the past several years, and been let down. A 5th park would drain the financial resources that are despirately needed for manpower and new unique projects in all of the parks. We all have lists of things that we would like to see done. The 20K lagoon is a continuous reminder of that.

Mr Eisner, please listen to your customers. There are atrributes of Disney products that we are willing to spend more for. Please deliver on these attributes as you and Frank Wells did early in your career. If you can't find the insiration, maybe it is time to leave a legacy by finding someone who will deliver on our expectations.

daoVinci

Actaully, I thought Universal was going to be great for Disney, spurring an intense outpouring of creativity from both sides to produce the better rides. And I think that happened, initially.

But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Seems to be more of a "How can we get more hype and spend less money than Universal?"

jrriddle

Originally posted by captainbuzzy
I took a class with several imagineers and got into a discussion with them about DCA. They said that the rides at DCA were suppose to be off the shelf rides that Disney would theme. THis would result in a more cost effective solution than designing new rides from new concepts. In reality most of the off the shelf rides do not meets the standards that Disney has set out and they have to be rewired and the controls rewritten to Disney standard. The result is a ride that is more expensive than an in house design. The problem is that no member of management wanted to go back and say "we screwed up" and "it cost us more". So, without this lesson learned, they are bound to repeat the same mistake again and again i.e. Primevil Whirl.

In Florida there are other thrill ride providers (Bush Gardens, Universal) and elsewhere in the country we can get more of the same. I went to AK a moth ago and rode PW because there was not much more to do. It was fun, but it was not what I expected of a Disney experience. I can drive to Cedar Point to be entertained/thrilled, but I travel a distance to have Disney experience. At the risk of sounding shallow I'd like to think that I get something deeper out of a Disney experience. Partially because I pay more for it and partially because that is what I have come to expect from the Disney name.

It is with this expectation that I have traveled to the World in the past several years, and been let down. A 5th park would drain the financial resources that are despirately needed for manpower and new unique projects in all of the parks. We all have lists of things that we would like to see done. The 20K lagoon is a continuous reminder of that.

Mr Eisner, please listen to your customers. There are atrributes of Disney products that we are willing to spend more for. Please deliver on these attributes as you and Frank Wells did early in your career. If you can't find the insiration, maybe it is time to leave a legacy by finding someone who will deliver on our expectations.

Very well put. Especially your last paragraph (and even more true considering what's happening at corporate...GO ROY!)
I could not have said it better myself.
Can you give any details about this course that you took?

Michael72688

Originally posted by darthdarrel
If the "classic" rides were boring would they be "classics"? I find it weird that you claim to be a Disney fan, yet you only seem to like the thrill rides, and the Classic DISNEY" Rides that ALL DISNEY FANS Love and CHERISH you find boring! if you like thrill rides so much, there is this place called universal studios, you should try it some time! :D :wave:

I never said I was a Disney fan, I like Disney but think some of there rides are seriously out dated. To tell you the truth I really Disney but I also really like Universal Studios, infact Islands of Adventure is the best theme park around! Its a known fact that Disney appeals to families and little kids and Universal appeals more toward teens, and I'm just a teen. I do think Disney should update some of their "classics" to make them worth riding, like I would never wait more than 5 or 10 mins to ride pirates, but if they made some changes maybe I would, and SSE I will only ride it to get out of the sun, that ride needs some serious changes. So I dont hate those rides I just think they are old and out dated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom