Ideas for a 5th park

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Michael72688
I do contribute to both Disney and Universal sites, that is cause I like them both, and yes there are a lot of teens on this board, but the majority of teens would pick Universal or even Sea World over Disney

I'm a teen and a thrill seeker but I like Disney the most!
Why? Even though doesn't have the most mean monster coasters out there it has some of the most fun and detailed rides in the world! Take for example POTC: Great queue and ride theming and a little thrill drop, sure not the longest drop but a nice one which can satisfy thrill seekers!
Another great example is Splash Mountain! It's one of the most detailed flume rides in the world (if not the most) and most of it is slow motion but there one large drop, making this ride fun for everyone! This is the one place where all the members of the family truely had a great time...

But I will agree that Islands of Adventure is one the most amazing theme parks out there! Sure the thrills are not something out of the ordinary but Universal never promised something like that! The only bad thing is it can only appeal to the young crowd... The one reason why mom didn't enjoy herself at IoA....

My point being is that each of the theme parks is a fun and thrilling place to go but each in it's own way! You can disagree but I think eventually even you will recognize the "thrill" in POTC or SSE.... Just give it time!

Now let's go back to the original topic! A fifth theme park...

jrriddle

Agreed, 5th theme park then.
My choices (in a perfect world i.e. budgets are there and the existing parks are running smooth with lots and lots of E-tickets)
1. Hero and Villains Park
2. Discovery Bay/Jules Verne Park
3. Disney Seas
4. 1/2 day Paradise Pier type park on the Boardwalk

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by jrriddle
Agreed, 5th theme park then.
My choices (in a perfect world i.e. budgets are there and the existing parks are running smooth with lots and lots of E-tickets)
1. Hero and Villains Park
2. Discovery Bay/Jules Verne Park
3. Disney Seas
4. 1/2 day Paradise Pier type park on the Boardwalk

Hero / Villians park: GREAT!

Jules Verne park: a little risky if you ask me....

Disney Seas: any day!!!

Paradise pear at board walk: I actually thought of putting California Screamin' only... It would cost $3 a ride!

jrriddle

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Hero / Villians park: GREAT!

Jules Verne park: a little risky if you ask me....

Disney Seas: any day!!!

Paradise pear at board walk: I actually thought of putting California Screamin' only... It would cost $3 a ride!

Jules Verne Park: The French would like it...oh, never mind.

Paradise Pier: I would add Mailboomer & the Sunwheel just to give it that boardwalk feel.

jrriddle

The Discovery Bay/Jules Verne thing is actually something
that would have limited scope and appeal. I just really love the whole themeing of Discoveryland at DLP, parts of TDS, plus I loved the 20K movie. Just a selfish idea.

-SIR-

okay this is just my lame brain idea and I agree about not creating another park but this is just me dreaming, heres a brief discription:
Disney's LAND OF LEGENDS It would be a park based on stories and legends, books and myths etc. To access the park you must enter a cave and inside you board a large boat (friendship boat style capacity) as you journey through this mythical mountain (the parks icon) some sort of very impressive effects bring us into an ancient world which materializes around you...(there will be a naration explaining whats happening by some higer power) you are welcomed by the opening of two huge twinkiling bronse doors and into a huge domed palace based on Disney's own made-up anceint civlization where guest services, ticket windows etc would be. You disembark from your boat and walk through the turnstyles and into a thriving lush version of this ancient but modern civilization (think Atlantis with me) this would be your "mainstreet USA" which you will access the rest of the park through. In the center of the park would be a set of ancient looking Portals which would be themed to the land which you are entering (ala nightmare before christmas) which you would access each "land" though Lands might include:

Hometown, State Of Mind: looks like your average modern american hometown, but has attractions based on extraordinary things that might happen in hometown settings like a Sleepy Hollow dark ride, a James and the giant Peach dark ride, New Version of Alien Encounter, some carnival type rides, (and if Disney could get the rights) a tour of The Wonka Chocolate Factory by boat or great glass elevator. A town house/villa style hotel would be located here with each parts facade looking like a different buisness of the town (inside the park).

Frostopia: a land completely indoors where it is very cold and it snows... themed like a mythical snow kingdom... there would be an extesive interactive snow/ ice playground as well as a boat ride themed about the royal family of this monarchy and saving the kingdom from being "melted" by a villain of some sort... you could be protected by some sort of Snow goddess of something... ive seen ideas for something roughly simillar. imagine a quaint winter village with a christmas shop and coffee house.

Mysterious Isle: Land themed as a mythic victorian Scientists settlement placed mysteriously in a remote jungle with rides based on jules verne/H. G. wells type novels (Journey To The Center Of The Earth, updated 20,000 Leageus, Rocket to the moon, and most importantly, The Time Machine... based on the victorian invention which will send guests to H.G. Wells frightening Future) A fantastic highly themed bold Victorian hotel would also be located here inside the park (much different from gland floridian, focuses on the bold dream-like victorian) .

The Fatastic Kingdom: a place far off in the imaginaton of children of years gone by, unicorns are found on grassy planes, friendly animitronic dragons walk the streets, there are detailed mazes to explore, one section of this land would be Alice's Wonderland where there would be a Alice dark ride/walk through maze and a concert of singng flowers.

Dark Dominion: you have mistakened upon the villains land... here everything has a dark but elegant feal that comes with so many villains but reaks of distruction. A ride involving all the villains would be appropriate, where you have been trapped inside their lair and the heroes end up coming to save you.

too far out? I dunno, but tell me what you think :D

jrriddle

SIR, that's just a great idea!
I really like the ideas of having hotels in the lands.
What do you invision for the new alien encounter since it seems a little out of theme with what you described in that particular area?
Well Done!

lebernadin

Originally posted by -SIR-
Mysterious Isle: Land themed as a mythic victorian Scientists settlement placed mysteriously in a remote jungle with rides based on jules verne/H. G. wells type novels (Journey To The Center Of The Earth, updated 20,000 Leageus, Rocket to the moon, and most importantly, The Time Machine... based on the victorian invention which will send guests to H.G. Wells frightening Future) A fantastic highly themed bold Victorian hotel would also be located here inside the park (much different from gland floridian, focuses on the bold dream-like victorian) .

This is at Tokyo DisneySeas.

jrriddle

Originally posted by lebernadin
This is at Tokyo DisneySeas.

Well part of it is. And TDS is partially just a redo of part DLP Discoveryland (built and unbuilt) and part unbuilt Discovery Bay. Imagineering is known for recycling.
I hope Mysterious Island has a volcano!:D Volcanos ROCK!

-SIR-

>>What do you invision for the new alien encounter since it seems a little out of theme with what you described in that particular area? <<

Ive thought all my attractions out cause im a big dork...lol.. It would be located in the Hometown Convention and trade Center much like it was in tomorrowland... except in the line you would would view advertisements for a touring Demonstartion in Town for one month only by X-S Tech...etc. etc. you get the idea... obviously this wouldnt happen if the park was ever built because stitch will be so similar so any point made is sort of mute ...

I would love to see a much more richly themed vernes/wells land than Discoveryland or the TDS attracton... maybe a street that looked like it was plucked from victorian london, lots of big bold curving patterns of gold accented by reds and blacks and so on... the notion of creating a seperate place that doesnt exist unless you are there is the most important aspect and while i would call it mysterious... the fact this this place is in the midde of a sweltering misting jungle when it should be in chilly old england adds to that aspect and makes it strange... ever seen the comp game Myst?

My favorite part is the the snow village, I would REALLY love to see this in a park... ive been to something similar when I was in South East Asia but it was on a much much smaller scale than what i had in mind in a Dreamland park... gosh dreamland is SO tacky..lol... sort of like a sim-city theme park came alive.... scary

Wow its really nice to hear praise for my ideas cause I usually get... "wow.. you have way to much time on your hands" ... or something like that... thanks it means allot, There's nothing I like to do more.... if I only wasnt horrible at Mathematics I might try to become an Aspiring Imagineer... Coming up with ideas is so fun!

Meyers

Originally posted by DonaldDuck
Okay, I haven't been on this forum long so I don't know if this question has been asked, but... What would you most want to see as a fifth park for WDW?

This is not a thread to discuss rumors about new parks, just what you would want to see as a fifth gate. WDW averages a new park every 9 years, but that may not happen in 2007 due to financial restrictions and other stuff. So this is just talking about what you would want to see if it were theoretically possible.

I actually think the idea of a park like Tokyo's DisneySeas would be a neat park for Florida.

I still like the idea of "DisneySky," a park based on the fantasy of flying and aviation/space history.

A complete park with a private airport and connecting hotel. Not just a section like popular Condor Flats at DCA.

It would be different than all the other four WDW parks, not a clone of another park like DisneySeas. Elements of Disney's America could also be worked into the park layout.

I agree that it will be a number of years before a new WDW park is built and that attention is needs to be focused on improving the present parks. But when the time comes....

This December 17th marks the 100th Anniversary of Flight. America has always led the way in aviation and space!

Meyers

www.disneysky.com

KentB3

Boy we are a talkative bunch on this thread! My idea for a 5th park at WDW, if/when they ever build one, would be a DisneySeas Park similar to the park in Tokyo. That really is an AWESOME theme park! :D

darthdarrel

>>What do you invision for the new alien encounter since it seems a little out of theme with what you described in that particular area? <<

Ive thought all my attractions out cause im a big dork...lol.. It would be located in the Hometown Convention and trade Center much like it was in tomorrowland... except in the line you would would view advertisements for a touring Demonstartion in Town for one month only by X-S Tech...etc. etc. you get the idea... obviously this wouldnt happen if the park was ever built because stitch will be so similar so any point made is sort of mute ...

I would love to see a much more richly themed vernes/wells land than Discoveryland or the TDS attracton... maybe a street that looked like it was plucked from victorian london, lots of big bold curving patterns of gold accented by reds and blacks and so on... the notion of creating a seperate place that doesnt exist unless you are there is the most important aspect and while i would call it mysterious... the fact this this place is in the midde of a sweltering misting jungle when it should be in chilly old england adds to that aspect and makes it strange... ever seen the comp game Myst?

My favorite part is the the snow village, I would REALLY love to see this in a park... ive been to something similar when I was in South East Asia but it was on a much much smaller scale than what i had in mind in a Dreamland park... gosh dreamland is SO tacky..lol... sort of like a sim-city theme park came alive.... scary

Wow its really nice to hear praise for my ideas cause I usually get... "wow.. you have way to much time on your hands" ... or something like that... thanks it means allot, There's nothing I like to do more.... if I only wasnt horrible at Mathematics I might try to become an Aspiring Imagineer... Coming up with ideas is so fun!
WOW you have way too much time on your hands! :lol: Just kidding! :animwink:
You definately have quite an imagination there, have you thought about getting into imagineering?

-SIR-

"if I only wasnt horrible at Mathematics I might try to become an Aspiring Imagineer... Coming up with ideas is so fun! "

I would love to be an imagineer. that is my dream job... getting a job as a creative consultant or something would be awesome but I am absolutely horrible at math... and im quite positive you must be pretty good at that or graduate w/ an inganeering degree or something.. so im thinking of working on a Bachelors in Tourism/Hospitality and take classes in Theme Park Management.

jrriddle

Well first I'm sure everyone on this board would admit to being a little "dorky"...especially when it comes to Disney. I mean look what we do with some of our free time, we check in on this board.

I really am interested in Mysterious Isle. I just love that Verne theme (as mentioned before). I really like what you are doing here with the city in a jungle. I would pay just for that land alone.
Have you ever read the discription of Discovery Mountain that they were going to build for DLP? Very cool.

I'd like to hear more about your snow village idea, being from Canada it doesn't get me right away (especially in Dec.) so tell us more.

I think what you really have going here is that you have gone back to the "themed land" idea from the original MK. When I have thought about a "Hero and Villain" park I just see two lands "Good and Evil". Even in the established real world parks EPCOT- 2 lands, MGM- one land really (maybe two with the Lucas area), DAK- I know they have Dinos & Asia & Africa- but it all animal based. What you have is variety, something not seen in a while.

Listen, I think you should persue your Imagineering dream. Math can be learned. I was awful in it during High Scool, I aplied myself in University and am now an Financial Underwriter. If you want it enough you can do it!
"and that's one to grow on"
Sorry, got a little too preachy there for a second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom