Ideas for a 5th park

KevinPage

>>but I also really like Universal Studios<<

For my wife and I it's one of the most boring parks we been to in the country. I'd much rather go to a high end Six Flags (and that's saying alot)

>>infact Islands of Adventure is the best theme park around!<<

We both loved it initially, but now it is played out and just not that good IMHO. It's like something that makes a big splash and dies quickly. I like the fact that the Disney parks are like fine wine, they grow on you with each taste and you appreciate them more and more.

>>Its a known fact that Disney appeals to families and little kids and Universal appeals more toward teens, and I'm just a teen. <<

I think Uinversal tends to cater more towards that Six Flags element these days, which is a bad thing. The clientel at the parks has gotten to be 'suspect at best' & let's not even mention the type of people that show up to HHH.

>>I do think Disney should update some of their "classics" to make them worth riding, like I would never wait more than 5 or 10 mins to ride pirates, but if they made some changes maybe I would, and SSE I will only ride it to get out of the sun, that ride needs some serious changes.<<

I think your tastes may change in time as you visit more parks and gain more experiences. Classic rides are to be cherished and not "updated" for a quick fix. Cause that's all it would be-a quick fix, then there is no heritage, or tradition, or MAGIC. That is what Disney is about, being able to look back in time and reliving CLASSIC and NEW memories and being able to merge them together.

Rarely do I get on a Disney ride and feel it is so outdated that it doesn't blend in with the rest of the park. When you make things TOO flashy or shovel 8 million celebrities in a ride, THAT makes it dated REALLY FAST.

Every ride at Universal Studios has to show me clips of the movie it was based on in the pre show and some Ex has been actor/actress. That is the last thing I want to see. I want to be transported away from reality, not reminded of it.

That is also the beauty of animated movies being as the basis for rides. They are fanasty and you don't associate real people with it. You go on Terminator and you think "Arnold, hey he's the governer". That is coutner productive to what Disney is trying to acheive and I applaud themn for backing that philosophy

:D

Michael72688

ok Kevin,

I can see how you dont like Universal, a lot of people dont, I personally do, I think its fun.

I've been to Islands of Adventure so many times I've lost count, I know I've been 4 times since mid october, but its atleast 20+ times since it's opened, and I still love that park!!! The last few times I was on Test Track I just sat there, waiting for the ride to be over, but at IoA everytime I go on a ride its like I've never been on it before, to me the rides never get old!

Personally I would pay more to go to Universal or Islands of Adventure than most Disney parks, but that is just me

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Michael72688
I never said I was a Disney fan, I like Disney but think some of there rides are seriously out dated. To tell you the truth I really Disney but I also really like Universal Studios, infact Islands of Adventure is the best theme park around! Its a known fact that Disney appeals to families and little kids and Universal appeals more toward teens, and I'm just a teen. I do think Disney should update some of their "classics" to make them worth riding, like I would never wait more than 5 or 10 mins to ride pirates, but if they made some changes maybe I would, and SSE I will only ride it to get out of the sun, that ride needs some serious changes. So I dont hate those rides I just think they are old and out dated.

Well if you are NOT a Disney fan, then WHY are you posting on a DISNEY board? you do know that they have a Universal studios fan site don`t you? By the way I too love thrill rides and I like Universal,HEck I even Love Cedar Point, If you like roller coasters THat is the place to go! but I love Disney most of all. There are TONS of teens contributing to this site that LOVE the "CLASSICS" Just the way they are a good example is Sir NIm.,monorail256 and countless others I admit that some of the "CLASSICS" need updating, like New AA`s,updated scenes and such, but not complete ovehauls. All I`m saying is that while Primeval whirl may be fun, it`s not up to Disney standards. It wasn`t even designed or built by Disney it was purchased and then built by another company.AKA Off the shelf as it was put.

Michael72688

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Well if you are NOT a Disney fan, then WHY are you posting on a DISNEY board? you do know that they have a Universal studios fan site don`t you? By the way I too love thrill rides and I like Universal,HEck I even Love Cedar Point, If you like roller coasters THat is the place to go! but I love Disney most of all. There are TONS of teens contributing to this site that LOVE the "CLASSICS" Just the way they are a good example is Sir NIm.,monorail256 and countless others

I do contribute to both Disney and Universal sites, that is cause I like them both, and yes there are a lot of teens on this board, but the majority of teens would pick Universal or even Sea World over Disney

Michael72688

Originally posted by KevinPage
>>but I also really like Universal Studios<<

I think Uinversal tends to cater more towards that Six Flags element these days, which is a bad thing. The clientel at the parks has gotten to be 'suspect at best' & let's not even mention the type of people that show up to HHH.

:D

Did you mean HHN?

disnyfan89

I do contribute to both Disney and Universal sites, that is cause I like them both, and yes there are a lot of teens on this board, but the majority of teens would pick Universal or even Sea World over Disney

I am a teen and like disney more than anything else

disnyfan89

Originally posted by darthdarrel
All I`m saying is that while Primeval whirl may be fun, it`s not up to Disney standards. It wasn`t even designed or built by Disney it was purchased and then built by another company.AKA Off the shelf as it was put.

Does that mean that you don't like R.R.C.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by disnyfan89

no It doesn`t mean that at all, RRC was imagineered by Disney. and it is fun, I`m not even saying that Primeval whirl isn`t fun. Just not up to Disney standards is all I`m saying. When Mount everest is finished I`m sure that is going to BE AWESOME! Don`t you?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by disnyfan89

RnRc is well themed, and indoors.

Its not an eyesore like Primeval whirl and that whole area its in.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
you know not all rides need to be indoors, the best rides in the world are outside

sure... like the tilt-a-whirl? :veryconfu :lol: :wave:

imagineer boy

No like The Incredible Hulk Coaster, or Dueling Dragons

Well, we do have BTMRR and Barnstormer which are out doors. The trouble with having out door roller coasters, is that Disney has a good story, but they might have problems with hiding the track and things you're not supposed to see like the track. Take RnRC for example, it could have been out doors, but you would clearly see the track and you're supposed to be on a limo.

BTW, IHC and DD have good themeing in the qeues and set the stage for a good story, but once you get on the coasters, the themeing and story are baisicly gone.

Michael72688

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Well, we do have BTMRR and Barnstormer which are out doors. The trouble with having out door roller coasters, is that Disney has a good story, but they might have problems with hiding the track and things you're not supposed to see like the track. Take RnRC for example, it could have been out doors, but you would clearly see the track and you're supposed to be on a limo.

BTW, IHC and DD have good themeing in the qeues and set the stage for a good story, but once you get on the coasters, the themeing and story are baisicly gone.

Well actually if you follow the theme for the Hulk, it makes sense, yea for Dueling Dragons there isn't much theme on the rides, but who cares they are fun rides, you see I'll wait a while for either one of those rides, infact at Halloween Horror Nights I waited 95 mins to go on Dueling Dragons, and it was worth it

Keyblader Ax

I must say, being a teen, I like Disney more than any other theme park also. Though I still like the Universal ones, I just think Disney has better theming. But hey, that's just me.

DonaldDuck

Original Poster
I personally like both Disney and Universal, although I do like Disney more (I have been going there longer). In fact, on each trip to the WDW area, we need 2 weeks. We go to the 4 Disney parks (plus a water park or two), both Universal parks, Sea World, visit family, and go to KSC if possible. I have always loved WDW. I even have liked Epcot (including WS) from my first visit, when I was 5.

For major modern roller coasters, the only current way to properly theme the actual coaster is to have them indoors. RnRC and SM's theming is largely based on the fact that they are inside. Big outdoor coasters are extremely difficult to theme throughout the whole ride. Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Dr. Doom's Fearfall, Kraken, and California Screamin' are essentially themeless after the queue. Just imagine trying to put up theming decorations along a track that's 100 feet in the air. These coasters have as much theming as possible. Trying to theme them anymore would make them unprofitable to build.

Disney has more theming since it is willing to build more non-thrill rides, like PoTC or IASW or HM. Universal doesn't create as many of these because it tries to appeal more to the thrill seekers crowd. That's not necessarily a bad thing since that is what lots of people want today - immediate thrills. But that is what makes Disney special - a good blend of thrill rides and non-thrill rides. All in all, each of the 7 parks in the Orlando area has its own uniqueness, and all are worth a visit. I always have a blast when I go to any of them.

:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom