• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report I Will Survive.....Spring Break (with a hint of May) *COMPLETED*

Songbird76

Minnie1986

Since this trip is primarily Em-centric (it is her spring break after all) she picked our ADRs.

Tonight’s dinner was here.

View attachment 360579

View attachment 360580

Although the menu did not have the item she wanted (and had a lesser version of the item I wanted) we were satisfied with our meals.

Afterwards the birds went for a boat ride.

View attachment 360581

View attachment 360582
Did you all enjoy the restaurant? Thinking about making an ADR here for my upcoming trip.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Part “Tu”

To be honest, I don’t have a whole lot more to share that isn’t already included in the LIVE part of this TR. But I have some thoughts/observations and several lovely photos from Em that I would like to add before declaring this report “completed.”

So how was driving versus flying?
During the past few years I have flown to WDW more often than driven. My last 4 trips were via aircraft. Living 7-8 hours from Disney via car, flying is not a huge time saver but offers more ways to pass the time so the journey is less boring. However, traveling by car gives flexibility and convenience and I found myself really enjoying both the drive down and back, despite periods of heavy traffic. (And heavy rain....but Woody was the driver during the single monsoon, so less anxiety for me!)

I have two more road trips planned this year. Wonder if my positive feelings will remain?

So how were the crowds....really?
The 4 parks are always busy now. But Em and I agree there were fewer people in the parks this first week of April than the first week of April last year (which happened to be Easter week.) Walkways weren’t overly congested which made it easy to get to our destinations. There were always open stalls in the restrooms. Lines at quick service locations were bearable. We got to see almost every attraction we wanted to; the couple we missed (Philharmagic, @Longers....and the nighttime BTMRR ride) were simply because it didn’t work out.

Overall a much better experience than we anticipated.

A recap of Day One ~
We left home around 6:30 am and arrived at POFQ at 3 pm. Our lunch stop at Sonny’s BBQ....though yummy....added to our travel time because service was SO SLOW. This is a pattern with Sonny’s and was the reason we did not stop at a Sonny’s on the way home.

I received our room ready text before arriving at the resort and we went straight to our room. We would definitely stay in Room 2201 again (as long as the bathroom outlet is working!) We loved its convenient location and the deluxe size bathroom. The shower needed a bit more water pressure since we prefer not to look like this:

C19322F9-D3E1-4150-8828-D6DC7FC02C76.jpeg

Otherwise it was a great room!

After a quick unpack we headed for the bus stop. At first there was no posted arrival time for the Epcot bus; when it appeared, it was 30 minutes out. We headed back to our car and were on the tram 20 minutes later....long before the bus was due to pick up.

We were in the park near the end of our SSE FP window. The attraction was down, so we opted for Living with the Land instead. These penguins (composed entirely of plastics retrieved from the ocean) were in front of the Land pavilion.

6C096539-9EAD-45F9-B1BC-347338DA16EC.jpeg

AA9B527E-590D-43B3-ABBA-A8A4C85BC1AE.jpeg

My dad and I are are going to see Disney’s Penguins later this week and we can’t wait!

The beginning of our LWTL ride was oddly quiet. No “violent and destructive” thunder or rain sound effects in the first scene, and no sound effects (other than the waterfall) in the rainforest scene as well. The a/c also seemed to be affected, as it was a very warm ride.

1B31AD39-76F1-4F26-9825-0A93CFB53B93.jpeg

Em saw on Instagram that the Orange Bird sippers were back in stock, so I knew where our next destination had to be....The Citrus Blossom!

320FC4BC-7C20-42BE-A5F3-54D3F18B0FCE.jpeg

The three of us were pretty thirsty and looked forward to the refreshment of the orange “slushy” contained in the sippers. After all, doesn’t the word “slush” or “slushy” infer ICE??!!

The disgustingly sweet, room temperature (NO ICE!) concoction went straight into the trash. Then Em and I spent several minutes at a restroom sink trying to thoroughly rinse out the sippers as the thick mixture clung to the insides. (Warning to future Orange Bird sipper purchases: request the container ONLY. You won’t miss the drink!)

We got stuck briefly on Frozen Ever After before our dinner at San Angel Inn.

73C9971B-7F63-4B17-9B32-0C8BA8F9E9D9.jpeg

Though the tables in this restaurant are much too close together, the “nighttime outdoors” atmosphere is really cool. San Angel has been hit-or-miss with us over the years. Our last two experiences were very good. The chips were warm and fresh and came with both red and green salsas. Em favored the veggie tacos and I couldn’t resist the Pollo a la Rajas ~ chicken covered in a red pepper queso over cilantro rice.

Now....menu changes. 😡

We did not receive chips and salsa. As we waited for our meals, I motioned our server and asked if chips and salsa were still offered. He brought a small bowl of stale chips to our table and some medium red salsa (no green). We nibbled and decided the chips weren’t worth the calories.

No more veggie tacos so Em ordered tortilla soup.
A8089A81-8EC6-4B0D-869E-B8C729FF158D.jpeg

She said the soup was surprisingly good!

Woody ordered Tacos de Carne. He said the dish was fine.
079F3F4E-DDC4-4E9E-97B1-334D56398048.jpeg

They messed with my fave Pollo a la Rajas. Potato slices instead of rice. Minimal red peppers.
178E4379-9A8B-4256-8F16-664C564FB022.jpeg
I ate it....but it was not nearly as tasty as before.

So @Minnie1986 make an ADR at your own risk. And if you do, check the menu a day or so before to ensure there are items your party will eat.

After a ride with the Three Caballeros we headed for the exit. Waiting an hour for Illuminations to begin was not appealing to us weary travelers tonight.

Day Two coming up!

Last edited:

lindawdw

I really enjoyed followed along with your Live TR! I'm glad you felt the crowds were better than you expected at this time of year. Looking forward to your next trip report if you go this summer. :)

Janir

We’ve been in the World 4 nights.

And haven’t seen Happily Ever After.

Em and I are having withdrawal symptoms.

Time to get our fix.

View attachment 361544

View attachment 361546

View attachment 361545

We are not ashamed to admit we sang along.
LOUDLY.

No other guests were nearby so we didn’t disturb anyone.

It was such a perfect end to the day. :inlove:
THERE'S NO SHAME AT ALL TO BE SINGING ALONG TO THE MUSIC DURING ANY FIREWORKS AT DISNEY RESORTS! NONE AT ALL!!
'Cause I'd do the same. ;-P

LadyBelle

So how was driving versus flying?
During the past few years I have flown to WDW more often than driven. My last 4 trips were via aircraft. Living 7-8 hours from Disney via car, flying is not a huge time saver but offers more ways to pass the time so the journey is less boring. However, traveling by car gives flexibility and convenience and I found myself really enjoying both the drive down and back, despite periods of heavy traffic. (And heavy rain....but Woody was the driver during the single monsoon, so less anxiety for me!)
I was curious about the drive. We are going to be driving this time, as my parents do not fly. What I was surprised about was your length of drive time. Apple maps has our drive time at 7:34 and we’re two states above you. Granted, it’s probably not factoring in certain things (and it being at night).

Top Bottom