Trip Report I Will Survive.....Spring Break (with a hint of May) *COMPLETED*

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live among the Spring Break crowds
But then I spent so many nights thinking how I could be wrong
And I grew strong
And I knew I could get along....

Well that’s what I’m hoping for anyway. I’m not a newbie when it comes to navigating Spring Break at WDW. I’ve got a couple decades of experience under my belt. “Spring Break” isn’t a single week of cray cray crowds (like the week between Christmas and New Years) but is spread over March and April. Unfortunately one (or more) of those weeks can end up being cray cray....and these days, there is no way to predict which one.

Please don’t let it be this week.

But we are prepared. ADRs at 180 days. FPs at 60 days. Clothing for rain or shine. (Praying for shine ~ we’ve had enough rain over the last 4 months to set an ark afloat.) And attitudes willing to “go with the flow.” 🐢

My goal is to keep the updates live. Should I fail? There’s always Part “Tu”.

Who: Tuvalu, Woody and Em (the teacher whose schedule dictates when we go)
When: Sunday, March 31 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter
Why: Let’s hope we don’t ask ourselves this!
How: We’ve done the plane, can’t take the train....so it must be the automobile!

Will we be smiling at the end of the week? Stay tuned.

And if you don’t hang around for the smiles, you may want to peek in and see if there are any WDWMagic meet ups. I know of at least three forum friends I hope to encounter.

Now it’s off to bed! The alarm is set for zero-dark-thirty.

93boomer

Premium Member
We moseyed over to Dinoland.

View attachment 361644

View attachment 361643

View attachment 361641

We had the ridiculous idea that we’d be able to ride Dinosaur with a short wait.

Without a Fastpass.

It’s Spring Break, stupid!!

Standby was already 50 minutes at 11 am.

Did it occur to us to check the app before walking all the way over there?

Of course not. :banghead:

View attachment 361642
Awww so cute! I am starting to think we may not be able to ride anything without FPs. 😟

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, con’t

Spent a lot of time in here.....and just a little money.

Note the clever packaging on these tees.

Yay or Nay for Em?

Ironically I have no photos of what we did buy. Tuvaleen’s first birthday is next week so a couple gifts for her. Tuvaleen’s mama also has a birthday coming up, so something for her. We’re having our purchases sent back to POFQ.

93boomer

Premium Member
Thursday, con’t

View attachment 361667

View attachment 361669

View attachment 361670

View attachment 361671

View attachment 361672

Yay or Nay for Em?

View attachment 361668

Ironically I have no photos of what we did buy. Tuvaleen’s first birthday is next week so a couple gifts for her. Tuvaleen’s mama also has a birthday coming up, so something for her. We’re having our purchases sent back to POFQ.

View attachment 361673
Yes on the shirt for Em! So cute!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Navi River Journey has an 80 minute standby wait.

“That’s 79 minutes too long to wait,” quipped Woody.

Flight of Passage has a 150 minute wait.

We have Fastpasses.

However a “Fast” pass for FoP is more like a “medium” pass. There is a long walk to the entrance leading inside and then there is a lot of waiting at the merge point.

We don’t care much for the queue here. Or the noises.

This is my 4th Flight of Passage. I have ridden twice on the lower level and once on the middle. I got queasy both times on lower. Middle didn’t bother me.

Today we got to try the top level. You must climb a long flight of stairs to reach it. Two Pooh-sized older women were huffing and puffing when they arrived in our control room. I was surprised they weren’t sent to an elevator....this is one, isn’t there?

Woody and Em got the blues!

Verdict? FoP experiences depend on where you are in the theater. We learned that being on the far right top level causes distortion and the 3D doesn’t work properly. For me, that meant spending most of the ride with my eyes closed to fend off dizziness.

And boy, did we get wet! The mist effect on our faces was constant. The good news is that the banshee “breathing” effect was working great (I’ve read there are issues with that special effect.)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Have a little time until our next FP. Em and I always like checking out the gift stores in AK, as there seems to be more unique merchandise at AK.

And speaking of unique....

View attachment 361647

View attachment 361648

Kevin is SUCH a fun character to watch interacting with guests. So glad we got to see her.

View attachment 361650

Kevin’s mouth, eyes and tiny wings all have movement.

In the crowd watching Kevin:
View attachment 361651

How did this vehicle....clearly a PULLED WAGON....make it into the park?

What good is a rule if it is not enforced?

KEVIN'S A GIRL?!?

Thursday, con’t

View attachment 361667

View attachment 361669

View attachment 361670

View attachment 361671

View attachment 361672

Yay or Nay for Em?

View attachment 361668

View attachment 361673

Oh man, i usually don't feel compelled to buy merch but i need that donut shirt, lol

ELeigh

We learned that being on the far right top level causes distortion and the 3D doesn’t work properly. For me, that meant spending most of the ride with my eyes closed to fend off dizziness.
Maybe this is where I was riding-I felt like there was something wrong with the 3D glasses and I felt so sick that I won't be riding again for a while

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Never eat until after you’ve ridden a simulator.

For all inquiring minds, it’s true the cheeseburger pods are no longer on the adult menu.

But why would you want cheeseburger pods when you can have one of these beauties??!

Clockwise from left: chicken with noodles (Woody), beef with rice and beans (Em), beef with hearty salad (me).

We think the noodles are a new option? Woody said they are quite tasty. Similar to Lo Mein.
Not sure I can sacrifice my hearty salad for noodles though.

After leaving Saut’li Canteen, we noticed new bioluminescense being put down on the walkway. It smelled awful....like spray paint.

MississippiBelle

Hearty salad is where it's at! We are going in December and I'm already agonizing over whether I'm going to stick with the hearty salad or try the potato hash. Looks like y'all are having a great time and enjoying some pretty weather!! It's currently raining and cold... in Mississippi! 😢 We had it coming after two straight weeks of gorgeous spring weather.

chriskbrown

View attachment 361677

We have Fastpasses.

View attachment 361674

However a “Fast” pass for FoP is more like a “medium” pass. There is a long walk to the entrance leading inside and then there is a lot of waiting at the merge point.

View attachment 361675

This is my 4th Flight of Passage. I have ridden twice on the lower level and once on the middle. I got queasy both times on lower. Middle didn’t bother me.

Today we got to try the top level. You must climb a long flight of stairs to reach it. Two Pooh-sized older women were huffing and puffing when they arrived in our control room. I was surprised they weren’t sent to an elevator....this is one, isn’t there?

View attachment 361676

Verdict? FoP experiences depend on where you are in the theater. We learned that being on the far right top level causes distortion and the 3D doesn’t work properly. For me, that meant spending most of the ride with my eyes closed to fend off dizziness.

And boy, did we get wet! The mist effect on our faces was constant. The good news is that the banshee “breathing” effect was working great (I’ve read there are issues with that special effect.)
Woody and I share the same view of Navi River Journey
View attachment 361677

We have Fastpasses.

View attachment 361674

View attachment 361675

View attachment 361676

Woody and I share the same opinion on Navi. Great effects but wow not a long wait worthy ride

susan lees

View attachment 361677

We have Fastpasses.

View attachment 361674

View attachment 361675

View attachment 361676

I get a little queasy on soarin so was worried about FoP. I had a great experience and enjoyed all the special effects including the breathing banshee. I don't know what level we were on but I've decided not to ride it again and just enjoy the memory of a great experience just in case subsequent flights make me ill.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We passed a stroller farm parking area where a large Keenz wagon, filled to the gills, was stationed.

“It looks like they just took everything out of their minivan and threw it in a cart,” Woody observed.

Only 27 more days until May 1.

I don't see any Michigan plates in that line!
Oh we parked behind a car from Michigan.
Story to come later.

CMs were having vehicles park in the two-cars-in-one-space formation, one behind another. As we waited to see what space the CM would direct us to, Em pointed and said: “Oh, it’s gonna be the spot right behind that lady.”

“That lady” had opened both rear doors, along with the hatch. She stood behind the car and was attempting to open a ginormous stroller (she had already placed a cooler on the ground) as we were motioned to park behind her.

Woody pulled in very slowly and “that lady” shot us the nastiest look, like we were the ones in the wrong! I expected her to start yelling at us, as she was now forced to move the stroller and cooler out of the way. She was clearly flustered as she closed the hatch and tried to figure out what to do with her giant items.

Where was she from? Michigan.

@Rista1313, do typical Michigander females shave the lower half of their heads and pull the remaining hair (which happens to be pink) up into a braid?

Asking for a friend.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Pool time! Are you northerners (which is anyone north of FL) jealous of this weather?

I found one open lounger by the pool. Sat there for about 20 minutes while being bombarded by lovebugs. (Will someone tell these insects they’re a month early for swarming?!) Texted Woody and told him to meet me at the pool bar.

He even bought me a drink. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom