I remember when ...............

mergatroid

Original Poster
you could get on swan boats in the waters around Tomorrowland and the castle. I also remember when you could ride the monorail to Epcot during it's construction to see how it was progressing.

Any other things that you have fond memories of that others maybe unaware of :shrug:

Spike-in-Berlin

I remember the Carribean Plaza being spacious, with water fountains and a steeldrum band playing, a beautiful place with a lot of flair. The fountains are gone, replaced by plants, the Plaza is filled with PotC merchandise that once was sold in a store at the plaza and I haven't seen the band at any time during our last stays.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Cosmic Rays didn't have Sonny. Instead a live band performed at set times and appeared by rising up on an elevator onto the stage like an aircraft does on an aircraft carrier.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I also remember when you could go on Spaceship Earth with a camera without fear of some meathead breaking your nose and his kid laughing at you :animwink:

Cmdr_Crimson

I remember when a time the parks celebrated every anniversary of their parks and it meant something..

When TV Specials with celebrites, music artists and Muppets made you really want to go to Walt Disney World

When Disney-MGM was an actual movie studio and can see Aladdin's Royal Caravan, Jim Henson's Dinosaurs live, And a short lived Ace Ventura show on the Streets of America.

When Going to Epcot the park was lush futuristic and educationaly fun to go to.

But my biggest one...I remember a time when we never had the internet and the only way to find out about anything new coming to the parks was when the Very Merry Christmas and Easter Parade was on...Good Times..

wayneway

I remember:

when all the light bulbs worked on Main Street

when I could visit all of Future World until the park closed

when I could buy different souvenirs at different shops all over Walt Disney World

when Imagination actually involved Imagination

when a walk down Main Street could include stopping in to play a penny machine or learning a magic trick

when I could visit space without seeing vomit bags

when there were more flowers and a nice fountain in front of Spaceship Earth

when tradition meant more than marketing

I guess this could go on and on...i'll stop now..:wave:

Oddysey

I remember when Future World felt like the future, and made me feel a sense of responsibilty to aid in creating that future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom