Pre-Trip I Ordered a Tomboy but Got a Disney Princess Instead...

Pixieish

Packing with kiddos gets SO MUCH easier once they hit around 5...our boys last two trips to Disney (they were 4 1/2 and 9 on the first of these) we gave them each their own backpack and let them choose calm, coloring-type activities, a book, and a few other little doodads from the dollar store and also let them each have a bottle of water and they got to pick snacks to pack (with supervision to make sure they weren't getting too heavy). They hefted anything that was theirs that wasn't clothing and it was GREAT!!!

Pixieish

And we may live to regret this..... but we've decided not to take our stroller.

We're only doing half days in the parks, I didn't need one when we went on the shake down trip, and if push comes to shove we can probably grab a rental. She has started refusing to ride in the stroller at the zoo, and I don't want to spend my vacation arguing with her about why she needs to ride in it.

We're nuts not to bring the stroller, aren't we?

I would bring an umbrella stroller. Our little guy (who has always been super-independent) used one at Disney until he was 4 1/2 even though he stopped using one at home around 3. Better to have it and not need it.

12in12

The parks will be very busy which can be intimidating for a little one if she is just holding your hand, plus easy to lose sight of her in the crowds if she does let go. If you don't bring a stroller I think you will be carrying her a lot. Disney is nothing like the zoo in terms of crowds and sights.

12in12

The parks will be very busy which can be intimidating for a little one if she is just holding your hand, plus easy to lose sight of her in the crowds if she does let go. If you don't bring a stroller I think you will be carrying her a lot. Disney is nothing like the zoo in terms of crowds and sights.
That school picture is adorable!

youngdeb

We are definitely bringing a stroller for our trip at the end of February with our almost 3 year old. If she wants to walk, she can walk, but if we didn't have the stroller we would be carrying her a good portion of the time. You can always rent a stroller in the parks, but for the cost of a day or two, you can buy a cheap umbrella stroller.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is how she chose to go to school for picture day:
school-picture-jpg.245781

Yes, that's her Rapunzel dress.... and a stuffed wolverine.....

Some gals just know how to accessorize! :joyfull: (Wolverine--nice touch--completes the ensemble.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom