Pre-Trip I Ordered a Tomboy but Got a Disney Princess Instead...

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Remember how I ordered a tomboy?!?!

This year for Halloween we ended up trick or treating three times. The first one was Boo at the Zoo, which we didn't know about until we got there and saw all the other little children dressed up. No worries though, because A almost always wears a princess dress to the zoo:
View attachment 241485
Embarrassing story: the night before while watching Moana, A finally connected the dots that the Grandma died and became the stingray. While we were at the zoo she wanted to follow around a woman dressed up like Anna and I had to explain to her that it was just a woman dressed up in a costume and that the real Anna lived at Disney World and we'd see her at Christmas.

After leaving the aquarium so she could "see Moanas Grandma who died" she saw a woman who was in her mid forties and yelled (embarrassingly loudly) "SHE'S DRESSED UP LIKE A GRANDMA!! SHE'S GOING TO DIE TOO!!" :oops::oops:

The next weekend there was a street festival that turned into a trick or treating night. She chose to go as Elsa this night:
View attachment 241486

Then finally the real Halloween comes and she (very predictably) wanted to go as Rapunzel. I made her hair but she didn't want to wear it so I had to improvise with barrettes:
View attachment 241487

View attachment 241488

Embarrassing story: a lot of our neighbors left their storm doors closed but their front doors open and the kids were supposed to ring the bell and wait for the home owner to get to the door and hand them candy. While she was waiting, A kept pressing herself up against the glass and pointing out what they had in their houses: mommy they have a big TV! They have a gray cat! They have a brown couch!!

Pretty sure my neighbors thought we were casing the joint :hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 241489

So while my friends got to dress their kids up as astronauts and scientists and police officers, mine chose to be THREE different princesses :cautious::cautious:

What great stories.

You did a good job with the barrettes. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Embarrassing story: a lot of our neighbors left their storm doors closed but their front doors open and the kids were supposed to ring the bell and wait for the home owner to get to the door and hand them candy. While she was waiting, A kept pressing herself up against the glass and pointing out what they had in their houses: mommy they have a big TV! They have a gray cat! They have a brown couch!!

Pretty sure my neighbors thought we were casing the joint :hilarious::hilarious:
20171031_192123-jpg.241489

OMG---I burst out laughing over this little kid! Love this! :hilarious:

LisaBelle

OMG! My daughter and I were laughing out loud at your Halloween stories. Hilarious! Your daughter sounds a lot like mine when she was that age. She changed outfits multiple times a day and was frequently seen in Princess attire. The beach looks beautiful. I've never had In and Out Burger so I have no opinion on their taste, but they look good! I am a firm believer that over prepared is wayyyy better than being underprepared!

Nemo14

I'm loving your daughter and all her costumes. My son at that age loved to dress up too. He would disappear into his room and come out seconds later as an astronaut or Superman or Batman or any of a number of Star Trek or Star Wars characters. It kept us entertained.

BTW, Your jack-o-lantern in this photo is priceless!
upload_2017-11-7_5-50-13.jpeg

Courtney6682

After a week of quality time with the MDE app and TouringPlans reservation finder, we have our dining (and thus, our itinerary) locked down:

Dec 25 - Christmas Day at MK
  • Rope Drop MK and tackle Fantasyland
  • Breakfast at Be Our Guest
  • Leave MK before noon to hoof it back to the resort for naptime
  • Disney Springs for dinner and shopping and Christmas fun

Maybe we'll see ya there!!:D:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom