I need opininions on making dining reservations in sept

lilfritzy

Hey everyone,
I'm going to WDW in sept I'm a DVC member and am staying a t the boardwalk. Ive been reading a lot of posts and I've been seeing a lot of suggestions for making reservations ahead of time. It's been 5 years since my last trip, I had a lot going on and I was not able to get there. I have never made reservations before on my trips and never had a problem getting a table. Has any of that changed?

Nemo14

Hey everyone,
I'm going to WDW in sept I'm a DVC member and am staying a t the boardwalk. Ive been reading a lot of posts and I've been seeing a lot of suggestions for making reservations ahead of time. It's been 5 years since my last trip, I had a lot going on and I was not able to get there. I have never made reservations before on my trips and never had a problem getting a table. Has any of that changed?
It has changed tremendously and now many restaurants will not have any available openings for walk-ups. If you are going during the Free Dining Promotion time, it will be even more difficult. I know it's a nusiance to plan that far ahead for when and where you want to eat, but unfortunately it is a necessity now for the better places.

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
From a fellow DVC Member--CALL NOW for dining reservations.

I've been going to WDW twice a year for the past five years, and I can tell you that if you have certain places you want to eat, you need to try to get your reservations around the six-months in advance time period.

I was just there last week and decided to make dining reservations for my next trip in October. Believe it or not, I had trouble getting the dates and times that I preferred. Could not get into Le Cellier at all, and I was only one week into the six-month reservations window. I was trying for a table for two, they only had tables for four and would not give me a reservation for two.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

You should plan to book your meals NOW to ensure you receive the restaurants and dining times you like. Already Le Cellier a popular restaurant in Canada is booked for all prime dining times for the first half of September.

RESERVATIONS Please call: (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) :wave:

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Run to the phone now to make your reservations for meals. It is the free dining offer time and it is packed, so i've heard. We will be there at that time and had a difficult time getting a couple of reservations. I got just about everything I wanted, but then called back and a few opened up.

I'm not sure if yoiu are eligible to get the free dining with the DVC...I can't see why not, but not my call. Call to find out. You may be able to apply it. If we weren't getting the free dining, I doubt we'd be going. So...YAY!!:)

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

You should definitely try for some reservations. Hit allearsnet.com and check out the menus. Then make a list of places you'd like to eat. Call Disney dining and keep your fingers crossed. Let us know how it turns out! :wave:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I would definately call now. It use to be you could just walk up and get into a place within 10-15 minutes without ressies. Especially in Sept the free dining promotion makes it dificult to eat anywhere.

Upvote 0

Philo

Call now!

I booked restaurants on about the 178th day mark and the options for eating at places like Le Cellier and CRT were limited.

If you don't book anything then you may get by but be ready to get turned away from nearly every TS restaurant you try.

Upvote 0

gmg

we are going in october and I already made our ressies. the girl i spoke to told me that it was the best thing to do because even though it was the down season for travel, alot of the locals will be there. so if you want the really good rest (Le Cellier, Coral Reef, O'hana, France rest, etc) book now. You can always cancel later. It is easier to cancel than try to get new.

Upvote 0

courty

I would highly suggest getting on the phone ASAP to make reservations. We called about dining about 1 month ago for our trip on Aug 24 and there was only one lunchtime opening the entire week at Le Cellier, and there were a few other spots we couldnt get into at all. I however would highly recommend Biergarten in the Germany Pavillion in EPCOT if you have never eaten there! such a cool place! Make a long list of where you want to eat so you can make as many reservations as you can in the one phone call. Also, call back occationally to see if anything has opened up if you do not get a restaurant you wan...people cancel and change all the time. Good Luck! :p

Upvote 0

lilfritzy

Original Poster
Thanks so much for everyone's help ! I really appreciate it. I just have to figure out where I'm going to be what day then I'm going to give a call. I'm just little overwhelmed I usually just winged it and never had a problem walking up and getting in. I just feel like I have to be on a time schedule now when I'm there rather than just eating when I get hungry.

Alright that's enough bellyaching it's Disney World it will be fun no matter what ! LOL :lol:
I soooooo can't wait to go !:sohappy:

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Thanks so much for everyone's help ! I really appreciate it. I just have to figure out where I'm going to be what day then I'm going to give a call. I'm just little overwhelmed I usually just winged it and never had a problem walking up and getting in. I just feel like I have to be on a time schedule now when I'm there rather than just eating when I get hungry.

Alright that's enough bellyaching it's Disney World it will be fun no matter what ! LOL :lol:

It's not that bad, actually (IMHO)! I enjoyed having a meal to look forward to and having that part of the trip already planned. There was at least one meal a day where we didn't have to ask the question, "so where are we going to eat?" And even though you have to figure out where you're going to be during the day... it's only one part of the day (either brreakfast, lunch, or dinner). For example, if you have a lunch reservation, you then have the rest of the day to be as "free as a bird"! So enjoy planning and then you can enjoy your restaurants when you get there!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Yeah gone are the days of just walking up to a restaurant and either waiting maybe 20 min or so or even walking in and getting seated...I do believe (because we are DVC as well) that we don't get free dining(nice huh?)....But remember, if there is a place you want to eat at , say like Le Cellier, and can't get in...Try every day till your trip or ofcourse till you get a ressie, we did that last year at the 180 day mark and tried till we did finally get something.......We always have gone in September for the past 13 yrs, real nice time to go, pretty hot and humid at times (but I like that)...Its not as quiet as September use to be, but its still not crazy, say like when school is out... Oh hay, Welcome Home fellow DVC member!!!

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

From a fellow DVC Member--CALL NOW for dining reservations.

I've been going to WDW twice a year for the past five years, and I can tell you that if you have certain places you want to eat, you need to try to get your reservations around the six-months in advance time period.

I was just there last week and decided to make dining reservations for my next trip in October. Believe it or not, I had trouble getting the dates and times that I preferred. Could not get into Le Cellier at all, and I was only one week into the six-month reservations window. I was trying for a table for two, they only had tables for four and would not give me a reservation for two.

The same thing happened to me. I called to get a table (same day ressie) for 2 at Boatwrights for breakfast and the agent on the phone told me there were only tables for 4available. She then told me if we went to the restaurant and asked for a table for 2 they could seat us at a table for 4. We drove to Boatwrights, asked for a table for 2 and got seated promptly. It always pays to ask at the restaurant too.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

The same thing happened to me. I called to get a table (same day ressie) for 2 at Boatwrights for breakfast and the agent on the phone told me there were only tables for 4available. She then told me if we went to the restaurant and asked for a table for 2 they could seat us at a table for 4. We drove to Boatwrights, asked for a table for 2 and got seated promptly. It always pays to ask at the restaurant too.

Good advice. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

lilfritzy

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone for the great advice. I think I got my schedule just about figured out. I am going to call tomorrow and make my ressies I will keep you posted on my outcome.

And thanks to my fellow DVC member dixiegirl, it's been a long time since I was told that (too long) I so needed to hear that.:animwink:

You guys are the best ! ! ! I'm so glad I found this site it's so nice to be able to talk with other Disney fans like me. At least I feel like I'm with people who GET me . LOL :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom