I must not go enough

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Because I'm often reading posts here about how people are tired of certain attractions, or think they need refurbs, or think the resort as a whole needs more attractions but I find that there's still so much at the parks I've yet to do. I still haven't ridden BTM, Splash Mountain, haven't been on the Jungle Cruise since '90, never been on Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, and now they've added a couple new attractions to that list (Toy Story Midway Mania for example) Maybe it's because I live all the way in Rhode Island and can only go once every other year, but while everyone else here is claiming there aren't ENOUGH attractions, I actually find myself a little overwhelmed. ^^;

I agree. The refurbs need to be done every now and then to keep up with things. Adding rides though, I still have never been to DHS. There are so many things I have not done. How do people "get bored" and want new attractions so easily? Is it boredom or getting tired of what's there? I thought I was the only one thinking this. :shrug:

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
no kidding. I've never even set foot in Animal Kingdom.
And for the record, I don't get how people can get bored at Disney either. You could just give me a park with Haunted Mansion and POTC and I'd be set all day! :p (and maybe that Buzz Lightyear ride too)

EpcoTim

How can you never have gone on Splash, Big thunder, Spaceship Earth or Test Track? Thats some of the biggest guns on property.

sbkline

I don't agree with those who say WDW needs all these new attractions. I think there's plenty to do as it is. However, I'm baffled at how you could still have not yet done such key rides as Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Test Track,etc. How can you go to WDW even once and not do these rides? :shrug: :lol:

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
I don't know. For some reason or another, they've just never happened. Maybe because they're mostly thrill rides. Something I'm just only now inching into. (I only first rode Space Mountain in '05)

tigsmom

You know, some people are not happy until they have found a fault with just about everything. I ignore them and go about my merry way. There are many things I've yet to see/ride, but that is my reason to keep going back. :D

SleepingMonk

Our season passes look like they've been thru a ringer they're so worn and frayed.

I honestly think we're done with Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for a while. Epcot is our favorite park and we love the wildlife at Animal Kingdom so we'll hit those more in the next visits.

At this point we get as much or more entertainment by trying new resorts and restaurants than we do at the actual parks.

njDizFan

I don't agree with those who say WDW needs all these new attractions. I think there's plenty to do as it is. However, I'm baffled at how you could still have not yet done such key rides as Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Test Track,etc. How can you go to WDW even once and not do these rides? :shrug: :lol:
I agree. I mean I can only go once every 2 years or so, and then only for 7 days. In those 7 days I manage to do just about everything in each park. Sometimes I am a little rushed and would love to spend a whole week at each park but never to have gone on SSE???!!!

we dont need more attractions just refurbs of existing...although I do want a completed DAK REAL bad.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
You know, some people are not happy until they have found a fault with just about everything. I ignore them and go about my merry way.
Me too. They always remind me of Stantler and Wardolf (spelling?) from The Muppets go to Walt Disney World.
I HATE IT WHEN THERE'S NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! BOOOO! HIIISSS! CLOSE THIS DUMP DOWN!! :lol:

girlface

Because I'm often reading posts here about how people are tired of certain attractions, or think they need refurbs, or think the resort as a whole needs more attractions but I find that there's still so much at the parks I've yet to do. I still haven't ridden BTM, Splash Mountain, haven't been on the Jungle Cruise since '90, never been on Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, and now they've added a couple new attractions to that list (Toy Story Midway Mania for example) Maybe it's because I live all the way in Rhode Island and can only go once every other year, but while everyone else here is claiming there aren't ENOUGH attractions, I actually find myself a little overwhelmed. ^^;

I agree. There kind of spoilt. We have gone every year for the last 3 years AND are about to go again and we still LOVE IT and are super excited. Like everything theres a few things that need updating but most of its awesome,epecially the classics. People who say stuff like that are the ones who live near to the parks anyway i think.:king:

sbkline

Our season passes look like they've been thru a ringer they're so worn and frayed.

I honestly think we're done with Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for a while. Epcot is our favorite park and we love the wildlife at Animal Kingdom so we'll hit those more in the next visits.

At this point we get as much or more entertainment by trying new resorts and restaurants than we do at the actual parks.

If you've ever read my posts in other threads about wanting to work down there or live down there, your post above sums up exactly why I have no interest in doing either. I want my WDW trips to be a special thing I can look forward to once a year, once every two years, or whatever. I don't want to expose myself to it so much that I feel like I'm burned out and done with anything there. I want to always be excited about being there and feel like I am having a blast. Why would anyone want to ruin that feeling by being there all the time to where they end up deciding, as you have, that you're done with it for a while? Or any particular park?

DizneyPryncess

Nobody can do everything at Disney in a week - there's plenty of stuff to do. So I agree that there's no reason to complain about their not being enough rides. Even for those, like me, who go to Disney a few times a year, there's always new things to do. If it's not rides, its restaurants or resorts or new secrets, etc. Some things do need refurbished, other things need to be left alone. Some old rides were better before their refurbishments.

SleepingMonk

... Why would anyone want to ruin that feeling by being there all the time to where they end up deciding, as you have, that you're done with it for a while? Or any particular park?

It just sort of.....happens?

When you live close to the parks and have resident/passholder discounts it's very convenient and relatively cheap.

We actually paid more to spend the weekend camping than we did on our last weekend at WDW.

iKat

We live in Orlando, and since we got APs, Disney is all we can afford to do now. lol So we end up going once every couple of weeks. Though we manage to always to find things to do, we have gotten bored of some stuff, and most parks it seems there's just a few rides we do now.

I completely understand we are not the average guest, and I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or that Disney really needs to add a lot. WDW does have so many things to do - now that we've done the rides too many times, we've started to do other things like shows and walking through different resorts, and started trying to find more Hidden Mickeys.

There's always something to do at Disney, but I can see the flip side of getting bored of it as well.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
What a load of bollox.

Ohh I cant do it all in a trip, ohh theres just too much to see. You must spend all your time in bed then because I could do every attraction at every park if I chose to. I dont because I dont enjoy some of them but then I do ride others multiple times, and some how manage to fit in a full dining and other activity experience.

Your happy with the offerings, good for you, but to say there is too much or that there is no need for additions is just total and utter mince.

IMHO of course.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
What a load of bollox.

Ohh I cant do it all in a trip, ohh theres just too much to see. You must spend all your time in bed then because I could do every attraction at every park if I chose to. I dont because I dont enjoy some of them but then I do ride others multiple times, and some how manage to fit in a full dining and other activity experience.

Your happy with the offerings, good for you, but to say there is too much or that there is no need for additions is just total and utter mince.

IMHO of course.
Not if you want to take the time to actually ENJOY your vacation :lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not if you want to take the time to actually ENJOY your vacation :lookaroun

I have heard that some people derive enjoyment from lying on a beach in the sun. While I cannot understand this concept I'm sure that those who indulge in such activities derive some pleasure from it, much as those of us who try and fill every day with an activity gain pleasure from ours. Even if such activities are not as exciting as they once were, or stale you could say.

SirGoofy

I have heard that some people derive enjoyment from lying on a beach in the sun. While I cannot understand this concept I'm sure that those who indulge in such activities derive some pleasure from it, much as those of us who try and fill every day with an activity gain pleasure from ours. Even if such activities are not as exciting as they once were, or stale you could say.

I completely agree.

As for the original question, it doesn't take someone who goes all the time to know that refurbs are needed. When multiple effects on attractions are broken, or just general shabbiness is seen, it's pretty obvious.

EpcoTim

I completely agree.

As for the original question, it doesn't take someone who goes all the time to know that refurbs are needed. When multiple effects on attractions are broken, or just general shabbiness is seen, it's pretty obvious.

On some rides it sure does. If someone hasn't seen the effect working before, how do they know what its supposed to look like. Heck, my dad lives down there and has an AP and I guarantee he doesn't know that theres two modes to the yeti. Or that something should be moving that isn't on Splash, etc etc.

Now shabbiness, that one anyone can pick out, especially since its becoming more and more obvious and sometimes disgusting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom